Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's the latest on the redevelopment of the Training Ground?

Comments

• Options

They seem to have forgotten to tell us about the building work that is meant to have started on the the Trust buildings. Very brief mention of new offices/ buildings at the end but no timescales again.

Smoke and mirrors.
    After last weeks warm spell the B and Q on Foostscray Road has sold out of gazebos.
  • Options
    Looks great but have we got a competitive squad yet? It would but good if the Club could give us an update of that !!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I was at the training ground last night, there's certainly a lot going on with lots of holes and pipework, lots of grass dug up and sand everywhere.

My limited understanding is 2x 3G training pitches are going in, one of which is for the rugby club and a new drainage system.

I don't think it includes any new buildings yet, it's all pitch related.

It is pitch related, plus the new access road, cabling and irrigation work, they have to do this first before the new building can start, as that will go where the U18 pitch and small astro currently sits
  • Options
    Is there a protest coming up? Why else would we get a training ground update?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Lack of incoming transfers
  • Options
    My understanding on the Community Trust building is that they have refurbished an old lawnmower shed. It was featured not long ago.
  • Options

_MrDick said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUoGjLBqoD0

some great shots of tractors and small mounds of soil.

I wonder what Footscray rugby club are putting in for the development? seems unfair that Roland has to stump up all the cash.

Well, that's a first ... they claim they're going to keep the fans updated according to the text on that video
    Mmmmmm........trenches being dug for cables and gas pipework to be connected to......what exactly?
    Just for the record.......we have a track record of not connecting pipework!
    And let's not forget that the club reeled out the "We have dug a really long trench" line the last time they gave us an update.

*Note to Tom Rubbishow - We do not have the memory of a goldfish mate
  • Options
    Is that the best progress report they can give us?

Still sorting out the drainage 10 months after they first mentioned it was being worked on and yet the only thing that appears complete is the irrigation lake - which is nothing more than a hole in the ground with plastic lining an inlet and outlet pipe.

To say progress is slow is an understatement. Remind me, which expert is Project Managing it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    The film talks about phases going up to phase five I believe. The progress at Sparrows Lane makes a tortoise look like a racehorse, but having been there many times clearly something is happening, and once it is there it can't be shipped off to Belgium.
  • Options
    Phase II ? When can we expect Phase V to be completed ? I want to know if I'll still be alive at that point.
  • Options
    Onlyme said:

Looks great but have we got a competitive squad yet? It would but good if the Club could give us an update of that !!

That's right, we could eventually have the best training facilities in non-league football.
  • Options

WSS said:

Lack of incoming transfers
    Don't worry about new signings, Tarbuck has two that were imminent on April 30th.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Phase II ? When can we expect Phase V to be completed ? I want to know if I'll still be alive at that point.

Touch and go I'd say.
  • Options
    Nah fuck em!
  • Options
    I know that at grassroots level the Premier League pay 50% of the costs for training ground development - is this also the case with us / football league clubs?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I know that at grassroots level the Premier League pay 50% of the costs for training ground development - is this also the case with us / football league clubs?

Eh?
    How 'grassroots' does a club have to be to get this 50%?
    Genuinely interested as a local football club is currently expanding their training facilities and the cost of this is putting the club under serious financial pressure.

Edited to add that they might have already taken advantage of the grant. I'm not really sure.
  • Options

Eh?
    How 'grassroots' does a club have to be to get this 50%?
    Genuinely interested as a local football club is currently expanding their training facilities and the cost of this is putting the club under serious financial pressure.

Edited to add that they might have already taken advantage of the grant. I'm not really sure.
    I believe it's this http://www.footballfoundation.org.uk/funding-schemes/premier-league-the-fa-facilities-fund/

You have to apply but the club I coach with managed to secure funding. We've just started work and it'll be ready by October. Puts Katrien's gang to shame.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't wait for us to harvest youngsters for premier league teams.

If they truly cared about investment, they'd do something with the first team.

Smoke and mirrors, the lot of it.
  • Options
    Now, I'm normally one of the first people to criticise the club about signings etc, but having watched the update video I do have to admit to being surprised at the amount of work that is being done & the money that is being spent on the project. Obviously we would like more to be spent on improving the team, but fairs fair, at least something is being done to upgrade the pitches & putting in new drainage & water irrigation. Looks very impressive & I doubt any other League 1, or Championship teams for that matter, have the number & quality of training pitches.

I know times have moved on (a lot) but think back to the 70's & 80's and how & where players trained - most were just on a strip of land behind the stadium or car park......on even on the actual pitch & the reason why they were mud baths from December onwards (the scenes from The Damned United shows both)

In this instance I think we should at least congratulate the club on doing something right.
  • Options

Now, I'm normally one of the first people to criticise the club about signings etc, but having watched the update video I do have to admit to being surprised at the amount of work that is being done & the money that is being spent on the project. Obviously we would like more to be spent on improving the team, but fairs fair, at least something is being done to upgrade the pitches & putting in new drainage & water irrigation. Looks very impressive & I doubt any other League 1, or Championship teams for that matter, have the number & quality of training pitches.

I know times have moved on (a lot) but think back to the 70's & 80's and how & where players trained - most were just on a strip of land behind the stadium or car park......on even on the actual pitch & the reason why they were mud baths from December onwards (the scenes from The Damned United shows both)

In this instance I think we should at least congratulate the club on doing something right.

they have dug a hole, about two years late, yeah well done.

Yep. That's all they've done. Dug a hole. There's a bit more to it than that
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

This hole is it round or is it square?
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

forgot, they then filled it with water ;-))

• Options
    edited June 2017

I would imagine the number and quality of training pitches is a condition towards having a cat 1 academy which;
    Villa
    Derby
    Fulham
    Boro
    Norwich
    Reading
    Sunderland
    And wolves all have.

No third tier team has one as far as I know.
    Edit, apart from Blackburn.
  • Options
    that video should have been boring, but I really enjoyed it! :lol:
  • Options
    BTW has someone kidnapped the real Golfie?