Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sir Elton John Stand

Thought someone might had mention this,, it reminded my of the west stand when we went back in '92.
How much did it cost?
Not sure about the song lyrics.

At least they didn't change them to " Can we play you every week".

Comments

• Options
    It's a bit better than our temporary stand, but still pretty disappointing. Still, anything is better than what was there before!
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3bSY6tXj3c

Did they have these lyrics on the stand?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I asked the steward in Saturday when was the perm stand getting built? He looked well pissed off and promptly responded " that is it" I then scurried off to get my beer Put my bet on coffee.
  • Options
    Before the storm...
  • Options
    It's a decent temporary stand, although I don't like the stairs at the front. It can be expanded if they go up.

It's very small for a club in Watford's position and shows a real lack of ambition IMO.
  • Options

It's a decent temporary stand, although I don't like the stairs at the front. It can be expanded if they go up.

It's very small for a club in Watford's position and shows a real lack of ambition IMO.

I suppose that all depends on whether they'd fill anything bigger. There's no point in building a stand whereby half of it would sit dormant most of the time. Trust me, I should know......

I'm sure their board thought his through. I don't think Watford would ever consistently get crowds over 25k so no point in really going for it until they get promoted, can scope what crowd sizes would be like and then hope to stay in footballs version of the masonic club. Only then would they really need to re-evaluate their position.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    More info and a general piss take of VR...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1252851&page=5