Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marc-Antoine Fortune linked

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
Rumours flying around that he is set to sign.

33 years old.

Odd one.

Comments

• Options
    Great. Another one who hardly scores.
  • Options
    Experienced? Yes, but is he a hold up man?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=3096.410;wap2

http://thisnorthernsoul.co.uk/2014/11/latics-formation-for-brighton-and-bolton/

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73715&page=7

Looks like he's a hold up player. If he can do that well we should see more goals from Vetokele/Watt and some of the midfielders. We need signings to ensure we stay up, if we can't find an affordable goalscoring target man we at least need a target man that can help get more goals out of the rest of the team.
  • Options
    Better than the Tuc.
  • Options
    Used to be a fairly decent player. If he can still do 90 minutes he could be a good foil for Igor and Watt.
  • Options
    Championship experienced player that we require. Or would we all rather have another Network player like Reza?
  • Options
    You don't want to moan but....

11 goals in his last 120 apps.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Good player, would have him like a shot.

Strong defensively and is a physical presence up front.

• Options
    Always used to sign him for my Charlton FM team, sign him up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He will be a Decent signing in my opinion
  • Options
    Too early. We won't get him until the last minute.
  • Options
    If he can hold the ball up fine by me as we have Igor and Watt to score the goals.
  • Options
    Better than the Tuc.

So am I.
  • Options
    Has played with Delort so should be able to perform to the same level with another shit striker in Simon Church
  • Options

And then, come May, learn lessons.

Did he not learn any fucking lessons this time last season? How much schooling does he bloody need?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ridiculous. So a year ago he sells Kermogant for a couple of hundred grand cos he's ageing and now we're thinking of signing this guy?

He might be alright despite his abysmal goal record, and I obviously hope to god he does well - but if he is why is available from a side in the relegation zone?

That Belgian plonker makes no sense.

Being generous maybe he, or his advisors, have learnt from their mistakes.

I tend to believe that RD listens to people he trusts (Luzon, Duhan, Fraeye) and not to those he doesn't (Powell).
  • Options

Ridiculous. So a year ago he sells Kermogant for a couple of hundred grand cos he's ageing and now we're thinking of signing this guy?

He might be alright despite his abysmal goal record, and I obviously hope to god he does well - but if he is why is available from a side in the relegation zone?

That Belgian plonker makes no sense.

Maybe this guy won't refuse to play.
  • Options
    That's it though Henry. Everything's so reactive. He dumped a load of players on Powell and sacked him presumably because he couldn't make it work with them, then went out in the summer and signed the sort of players (vetokele and gudmundsson) that Powell had been telling him we desperately needed. Then he dumped a load more on peeters, sacked him cos he wasn't doing the job with them; and a week later is going out to try quick fixes for the problems that peeters had identified.

I know there are other factors / variables, but his strategies are ludicrous and make no sense. Everything he does just seems to me to underline what a pig-headed arrogant **** he is.
  • Options
    We have players who have goals in them, they just need more chances to be created up the pitch. If we sign a really decent hold up man who can help us build higher up the pitch his goal tally won't matter all that much. If it's true at the very least it'll look like we're addressing the correct concerns in the squad which at this point is enough for me.
  • Options
    Who's his agent?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    I gather this has come from The Sun, if so how did anybody find this out? I mean there is no reason to read that rag anymore.
  • Options
    He scored the winner against us last year at Wigan if I remember right.