Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Relegation Battle Thread (Score Spoilers)

Leeds 1 Bournemouth 0.
Would be a huge win for them.

Comments

• Yep. Getting to that stage of the season where you have to start looking at other side's results.

Need Yann to come off the bench for an equaliser here
  • Looks like they are going to get the three points.
  • Yep. Getting to that stage of the season where you have to start looking at other side's results.

Need Yann to come off the bench for an equaliser here

He's just missed a pen
  • edited January 2015
    Yann just missed a pen.....beat me to it Dave.
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    Leeds will be only 2 points behind Charlton on 29 points.
  • For me (and i assume many others) it's going to be Blackpool, Rotherham and one other going down.
  • looking at the table, I feel we need another 18 - 20 points (4 or 5 wins and 5 or 6 draws) to get around 50 points. That then means Millwall & Wigan (assuming Blackpool are gone) will need another 28-30 points (7 or 8 wins and 6 or 7 draws) which out of 20 games is a big ask.

We have a couple of tricky games coming up with games against Norwich & M'boro so the game against Rotherham is a must win. I still confident we will stay up, but Millwall away is going to be bigger than usual.
  • For me (and i assume many others) it's going to be Blackpool, Rotherham and one other going down.

Yep. Barring a big turnaround I think that pair are gone.

The third team could be one of any number at that stage - Spanners, Leeds, Wigan (think they will escape myself), Brighton, Reading, us or Huddersfield
  • Rotherham had 4 or 5 new players playing last Saturday got abit of life left in them yet i think. Would not put money on us to beat them end of this month.
    Millwall,Blackpool plus one of Fulham,Wigan or Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yann just missed a pen.....beat me to it Dave.

Did he chip it?
  • Brighton & Fulham are both in action tonight.
    Think Fulham have far too much quality for relegation though.
  • We have to win 6 more games.Can anybody name six teams we can beat?
  • honestly aint bothered about Brighton, Leeds, Fulham, Wigan or Huddersfield

only teams I am interested in is Rotherham, Millwall and Blackpool and I still stand by my earlier opinion we will finish above these 3

only teams I am interested in is Rotherham, Millwall and Blackpool and I still stand by my earlier opinion we will finish above these 3

I don't know, Leeds (along with Blackpool) are probably in a worse state than us.
  • se9addick said:

honestly aint bothered about Brighton, Leeds, Fulham, Wigan or Huddersfield

I don't know, Leeds (along with Blackpool) are probably in a worse state than us.
    Off the field maybe but as they proved yesterday on the field they have quality
  • Brighton & Fulham seem to have no trouble scoring goals.

I cant see why you stick Fulham in there..........above us & by the end of the season will be top 10. BTW - they're currently winning 3-0 with a MaCormack hat-trick.
  • se9addick said:

honestly aint bothered about Brighton, Leeds, Fulham, Wigan or Huddersfield

Off the field maybe but as they proved yesterday on the field they have quality
    Birmingham are another club who are a shambles off the pitch, but doing the business on the pitch

I cant see why you stick Fulham in there..........above us & by the end of the season will be top 10. BTW - they're currently winning 3-0 with a MaCormack hat-trick.
    I put Fulham in there, because at the start of today, they was on the same points as us, and CafcSteve who mentioned the games tonight said Brighton and Fulham in action
  • Sponsored links:

• 3-2 Fulham now, Brighton still 3-1 up, typical
  • vffvff
    edited January 2015
    3-2 with goal from Freddie Sears on 78 mins.

Leon Best on for Brighton 77 mins.
  • vff said:

3-2 with goal from Freddie Sears on 78 mins.

Leon Best on for Brighton 77 mins.

So Brighton have won 3 out of last 4, and we can't even remember winning.
  • We are in this relegation scrap;

We still have a nice 8 point gap however we lack any sort of backbone or fight in us.

Need to start showing some fight and character because Rotherham will be giving everything they have next week.
  • edited January 2015
    The only upside is that if results go right but wrong for us the scum could be 6 points from safety if we lose to Rotherham
  • Rotherham already 2-0 against Bolton.
  • Millwall 0-0 Reading also
  • I remember after our great start to the season big Bob & RD saying that if we were there or thereabout come January then there would be money to spend to give us a bit of a push and get us out of this league............looks like RD will have to spend big just to keep us in it !! lol
  • Millwall 0-0 Reading also

0-0 might be the right result for us, keeping Millwall stranded in the bottom 3, but also not allowing a mediocre Reading team to overtake us...
  • edited January 2015
    Rotherham 3-0 up but it's not the end of the world with 22nd (Millwall) still eight points behind us.

We need three points against the Millers on Saturday though.