Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Tucadean (pg.5-6 - Joined Steaua Bucharest on 1 1/2yr loan)

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
I have a friend in Romania who tells me it is being reported over there that George is about to sign for a Romanian team for 800K Euros. If its true that's a good deal for us so long as we use it to strengthen.

Comments

• Options
    Would be good deal for a player with little to offer us,based on his performances this season.
  • Options
    cakey said:

I have a friend in Romania who tells me it is being reported over there that George is about to sign for a Romanian team for 800K Euros. If its true that's a good deal for us so long as we use it to strengthen.

It depends how much we see of the money.
  • Options
    Could be in waffles?
  • Options
    800K Euros?? - Surely Lira, or possibly grains of sand.
  • Options
    Romanian currency is the New Leu. 800k of them is roughly £136k. Snap their hands off!
  • Options
    He's not been great, and that's a decent bit of cash (if spent properly ie no more Peter Parsleys), IF we reinvest it in a proper target man from outside of the network.

Come on Roland, move those strings.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The whole 'decent player in there somewhere' thing was mooted week in and week out with Sordell and Church last season and nothing happened.

George is nowhere near good enough. Get rid at the first possible opportunity I say.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I seem to be the only one who would be vaguely disappointed to see him go...!

He has some ability, and is quite a technical player, but I don't think he fits well into a Championship team, where strikers either tend to be pacey or are big, strong target men.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The whole 'decent player in there somewhere' thing was mooted week in and week out with Sordell and Church last season and nothing happened.

George is nowhere near good enough. Get rid at the first possible opportunity I say.

I'd say Riga managed Sordell showed that he was a decent player. In the Premier League now.
  • Options
    He's only 23, I'd l like to keep him on the books, maybe a loan to a league one club would do him some good.
  • Options

800k for George Tucadean? Now I've heard everything.

Could buy another new pitch with that
  • Options
    I think we often look a better team when he's playing. God knows why because he's rubbish.
  • Options
    I quite like him. He's not great but he's not awful. Mostly I was surprised to see someone on another thread says he thought George just wasn't bothered. The way he reacts to goals, the ones he scores and the ones the team scores, has always been really positive and I got the feeling from him he was one of the Network players who really cared. He certainly wants to win. He's just not very good at it.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I think we often look a better team when he's playing. God knows why because he's rubbish.

Because we have two up front rather than one up front. Nothing to do with George's ability
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Was very impressed agains Cardiff, some of his skills reminded me of Mike Flanagan. Seems to be very inconsistent and not quite strong enough.
  • Options
    Seems a lot for a romanian club to pay.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

se9addick said:

Because we have two up front rather than one up front. Nothing to do with George's ability
  • Options
    George has talent, but whether it is a lack in his personality or just that he needs time to adapt, he can't impose it on the Championship. So we have seen sporadic flashes of what he is capable of. All well and good letting him go but we have to improve on him, which isn't going to happen with with untried youngsters.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

se9addick said:

Harriott & Vetokele have played up front for a few games. Both have been gash.

I'm also not sure if the English game suite George, but he certainly tries, and wants to do well. Which is more can be said about the flotsam last Saturday.
  • Options
    The problem I see with George is, when he's played as the second striker, he's given the role of target man, the foil for Igor. He's definately not suited to that role and would do better playing alongside a big man. Unfortunately for him, we now have Igor & Watt, who are both ahead of him for that role.

I'd personally rather see him stay, with maybe a loan to (the right) league one club, that would play him in a system that suits his game, as I can't see him getting it here at the moment..........
  • Options

The problem I see with George is, when he's played as the second striker, he's given the role of target man, the foil for Igor. He's definately not suited to that role and would do better playing alongside a big man. Unfortunately for him, we now have Igor & Watt, who are both ahead of him for that role.

I'd personally rather see him stay, with maybe a loan to (the right) league one club, that would play him in a system that suits his game, as I can't see him getting it here at the moment..........

He's be hopeless in L1, you can imagine him looking lost as the ball got lumped up to him, and he got thumped by opposition defenders.

He needs a country and league playing a different style of football
  • Options
    boggzy said:

cafctom said:

se9addick said:

Harriott & Vetokele have played up front for a few games. Both have been gash.

I'm also not sure if the English game suite George, but he certainly tries, and wants to do well. Which is more can be said about the flotsam last Saturday.
    At least Harriott has a trait we can work with (pace) from time to time.

What are George's skills that he brings to the fold? I've read some say he is 'technical'.....Usually a description for someone who actually can't do anything physically but they must have some technical skill in there somewhere to be a professional right? Can't say I've seen this 'technical' ability myself.
  • Options
    At his best, he is an ok lower Championship level forward, but he is only at his best about every 17 games which isn't enough. If we replace George with someone better it will be a good move; if we don't it will be a mistake.

Pope - loaned out - leaving us short at GK
    Morro -sold - leaving us short at CB

We can't afford another mistake.
  • Options
    Good deal for Roland not CAFC.