Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    r here's a better one: Peeters comments: "I was idolized" Bob Peeters reacted on his resignation from the English second division club Charlton. He was ditched and Duchatelet chose Luzon. Especially Director Katrien Meire had to bear the brunt. Bob Peeters reacted very disappointed. "What kind of person is Katrien Meire? I ask myself now. In the beginning we could work well together, but I regularly reacted against her. The fans also saw that reinforcements were needed," says Peeters. He thinks that the club was exaggerating. "There were clear goals in the beginning of the season. This season we had to have a quiet season with a very young team. Eventually we were thirteenth with 31 points. The results were less the last weeks, I admit." Promises were however made to Peeters. "When two days before your resignation they guarantee you that you can stay, it is strange that you get sacked on Sunday." Apparently, the lesser cooperation with the English staff members caused the resignation. Many things have appeared in the press that are not correct "It is strange that nothing was said to me. Strange that an assistant can ultimately determine the fate of the head coach." Normally Peeters never respond after a layoff. "Now I make an exception, because things have appeared that are not right. I was hailed by players and fans." Some players will have to collaborate again with Guy Luzon, the man who didn’t need them at Standard. "Some of them are not at all satisfied, but that’s none of my business anymore."
  • Options
    He generally sounds gutted.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Well my Dutch is not great, but he mentions that players were 'shoved' aside at Standard are not happy at Luzon's appointment.

Though I guess that could just be hearsay and an obvious thing to say
  • Options
    What kind of person is Katrien Meire? I ask myself now. In the beginning we could work well together, but I regularly reacted against her. So KM got angry with BP and grassed him up to RD who needed only a few bad results to give him reason for the tin tack?
  • Options
    Couple of points that are quite interesting:

1. "Strange that an assistant can ultimately determine the fate of the head coach" - is he being derogatory to Katrien or did Damien Matthew or Ben Roberts go to the board with a reason to sack him?

2. "Some of them (players) are not at all satisfied, but that’s none of my business anymore."

Also i hope he wasn't sacked because he wanted players and they told him no.
  • Options
    Seems like Bob is trying to imply Damien Matthew is the new Les Reed, which I hope for a number of reasons is not true
  • Options
    Both I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Seems like Bob is trying to imply Damien Matthew is the new Les Reed, which I hope for a number of reasons is not true

Me too! I'm still having palpitations now from those 42 days!

• Options

Playing for a draw against the Spanners said it all for me.
  • Options
    Obviously we need more Belgians, eh, Roland?
  • Options
    Feel bit sorry for Bob and Riga both got rid off cause Roland thought the new coach was better. But they seem to be worse. Should have kept Riga if it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • Options

Feel bit sorry for Bob and Riga both got rid off cause Roland thought the new coach was better. But they seem to be worse. Should have kept Riga if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Move On
  • Options
    It may also throw further light on the difficult position of Katrien Meire.

When he says "When two days before your resignation they guarantee you that you can stay, it is strange that you get sacked on Sunday." it's possible that as well as giving a positive assessment of progress so far in the Brighton programme she may have told Peteers his job was safe - only for Duchatelet to sack him after the loss?
  • Options
    Bit of interesting insight imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like targets for the season were changed and bob highlighted we couldn't with the players we have. But ultimately something else has not been right with the players for some weeks now. More inclined to believe that the whole problem is the players don't have any confidence in who is managing them both in coaching and the boardroom.

Personally think he means KM when referring to assistant.

All becoming a bit he said she said.
  • Options

1. "Strange that an assistant can ultimately determine the fate of the head coach" - is he being derogatory to Katrien or did Damien Matthew or Ben Roberts go to the board with a reason to sack him?

2. "Some of them (players) are not at all satisfied, but that’s none of my business anymore."
    1 I assume he refers to Damien Matthew. If, as is speculated, he was slagging players off in his language then you would assume Jacko (via JBG at a guess) raised it with Matthew and that's how it got to the hierarchy.

2 That much is obvious - apparently many of them were unhappy at Bob's very being
  • Options
    "I was idolized" is a bad translation. "liked a lot" is slightly better ...
  • Options
    micks1950 said:

It may also throw further light on the difficult position of Katrien Meire.

When he says "When two days before your resignation they guarantee you that you can stay, it is strange that you get sacked on Sunday." it's possible that as well as giving a positive assessment of progress so far in the Brighton programme she may have told Peteers his job was safe - only for Duchatelet to sack him after the loss?

Deja vu. Mark Hulyer gave Andy Nelson a vote of confidence on the Saturday, took him for a meal at the Bull's Head Chislehurst on Sunday and sacked him on the Monday!

• Options
    read Drinking During The Game blog says it all for me.
  • Options
    Google translate did not make sence.

But talking of Google translate I wonder how many school kids use it for their home work. French, Spannish, German, Itallian etc etc only for teacher to give them a big red mark of zero because it makes no sence? It wasn't around in the 90s when I was doing french.
  • Options

Obviously we need more Belgians, eh, Roland?

• Options
    LOL

Google translate did not make sence.

But talking of Google translate I wonder how many school kids use it for their home work. French, Spannish, German, Itallian etc etc only for teacher to give them a big red mark of zero because it makes no sence? It wasn't around in the 90s when I was doing french.

I think you mean sense.
  • Options
    He makes some good points there. Is he really saying KM sacked him, not Duchatelet though? I wonder why he thinks that?