Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Arsenal today

Not a huge fan but love pure football.

They played like a team with balls today (not footballs) and defended well - albeit City lacking their usual fluency up front.
Cazorla was world class and Sanchez - what a player.

We love our beloved club, Charlton Athletic and that will never change but it is so nice to watch proper football.

Pleased for Wenger and if the Gooners can keep playing like this - great football and get physical when they need to - he may, at last, get the prize that has eluded him for so long.

As for City - every player in that team can win ball - a dream from a Championship perspective.

Comments

• Still won't win diddly

• I always felt Arsenal were really good when they had that midfieidl with Viera and Petit. They could play but they could put their foot in when necessary.
    Anyway, I've had a few birthday (in advance beers) so this may make no sense at all.

• edited January 2015
    brogib said:

Still won't win diddly

No guarantees, for sure, but with Ramsey fully fit, Willshire back, maybe a new defender and, most importantly, a run of luck with injuries and it's possible. Not this season but maybe next.
  • I backed them at the start of the season to win the prem. Could be I was a season too early
  • Have always said they have the players to win a game up top, but lacked a guy that just dinks it about and breaks play up, and Coquelin has gone back there and been exactly that. I still think they need a better centre back, left back and another central holding midfielder to properly compete, but when they are all healthy they can play against anyone. They also need a new physio team
  • Problem with arsenal is they have had absolutely no arsehole about them for 10 years.

• Carter said:

Problem with arsenal is they have had absolutely no arsehole about them for 10 years.

Part from the gaffer
  • Agree, a total contrast to the shower of shit yesterday.
    Noticeable how important le Coq is becoming at the Gooners. He was immense today, making shed loads of interceptions or sweeping up when play broke down - which he was doing so well for us.
    At one point a month or so ago I was getting excited we would get him. Makes me extra depressed. Robbie Savage is waxing lyrical at this very moment on MOTD.
    Bugger!
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Have always said they have the players to win a game up top, but lacked a guy that just dinks it about and breaks play up, and Coquelin has gone back there and been exactly that. I still think they need a better centre back, left back and another central holding midfielder to properly compete, but when they are all healthy they can play against anyone. They also need a new physio team

Haven't seen a great deal of Coquelin but he reminded me a bit of Alex Song when he was younger (before he stopped progressing).

What really stands out is Giroud has come good and when you think how long that's taken and how long he persevered with Bendtner, that is massive.

Sanchez is so important - could become a Premiership legend.
  • I backed them at the start of the season to win the prem. Could be I was a season too early

What drugs had been taken?
  • Coq gone from playing against ipswich to playing man city within a couple of months.
  • Mental midgets and will fold when the pressure is on unlike the 'invincibles' from 2003/2004
  • Talal said:

I backed them at the start of the season to win the prem. Could be I was a season too early

What drugs had been taken?
    The profit drug .. 8/1 done each way
  • We've had some no hoper loan players down the years, Coq was one of the exceptions, a lot of Arsenal fans couldn't understand why he had been sent out on loan, as he was the player they needed to stiffen their midfield