Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Agree. Most of the apes/monkeys at monkey world were rescued beach or lab chimps. What they do there is incredible.

I've been a few times - and once had the pleasure of meeting Jim and Alison Cronin. Really nice, dedicated people and they couldn't have been more accommodating of our small group asking loads of questions - which I'm sure they'd heard dozens of times before.

Sadly, Jim died suddenly a few years back, but Alison is still as devoted to the work as her former husband.

A brilliant day out with or without kids - especially if you have an interest in other primates (tamarinds, lemurs and (my favourite) woolly monkeys)
  • So what did I just watch it seems to loop so I have no idea if it was saved or drowned!
  • edited January 2015
    Saw it a couple of weeks ago, it is an amazing video.

Also been to Monkey World a few times, it's one of my favourite places. Such is my love of primates that I'm doing a half marathon for lemurs soon. Here's my (info) site: https://eyeofthelemur.wordpress.com

I have Madagascar booked for June too.
  • Dazzler21 said:

So what did I just watch it seems to loop so I have no idea if it was saved or drowned!

Passengers at a train station in India Sunday watched a monkey attempt to revive a fellow monkey that was shocked unconscious by electrical wires.

The simian rescue occurred after one of the monkeys was electrocuted while walking on high-voltage wires, according to Reuters.

In this video footage from Kanpur in India, the monkey appears to try to wake up the other monkey by patting it and dragging it into a pool of water, while ticket-holders standing on the platform just watched and snapped photos with their smartphones.

After about 20 minutes, passengers could be heard cheering when the unconscious monkey comes back to life.

What is amazing is the techniques used which challenge how modern medicine would treat this trauma.
  • Fair play

I couldn't work out whether it was just another wet monkey!
  • Ah love a happy ending