Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New VOTV article: harsh lessons of the last seven days

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Very interesting read.

I wasn't aware about the video - she's certainly brave to put herself on the front line this week. Sounds like she didn't exactly cover herself in glory though; but it was a good effort none the less.

I agree that looking outside the network may be required for recruitment purposes now, but one can't help but think that's going to be difficult considering the image that the club has at the moment. Why would you want to come in to the club right now? At least those in the network don't seem to have a say in the matter.. Therefore we can actually get them.

However with a non network manager you could get the fans on side, project a new image, gain some experience of English football and intice new players. Oh well. Roland knows best..
  • Options
    Excellent piece, AB

I like you SO much more when you are in this "mode" !

:-)
  • Options
    Good article.

Players from outside the network would provide a big boost on the pitch and in the stands.
  • Options

Excellent piece, AB

You won't get round me that easily :-)
  • Options

Excellent piece, AB

Haha !

BTW Do you send a copy of VOTV to Peter Varney ?

Just a thought....

• Options
    Good article, the question for me is not whether Roland does not understand the club, or the fans, but more of whether he cares. He has always been pragmatic to a fault and maintained his business-first (and only) approach, every decision when made purely from that perspective has been logical enough and probably correct in that he has got what he wanted - but every time he loses goodwill from supporters and alienates the club from the fans, but I can't help thinking that he won't care for attendance numbers so long as we are in the Championship as it's television and sponsors that really provide the profit he's after.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    thenewbie said:

Good article, the question for me is not whether Roland does not understand the club, or the fans, but more of whether he cares. He has always been pragmatic to a fault and maintained his business-first (and only) approach, every decision when made purely from that perspective has been logical enough and probably correct in that he has got what he wanted - but every time he loses goodwill from supporters and alienates the club from the fans, but I can't help thinking that he won't care for attendance numbers so long as we are in the Championship as it's television and sponsors that really provide the profit he's after.

I think there's some evidence that he appreciates you need to keep supporters happy, even if it's not his top priority. In any event, he won't make a profit in the Championship from TV and sponsors.
  • Options

Excellent piece, AB

Haha !

Just a thought....

I'd rather Airman sent him an urgent begging letter urging him to put together a wealthy consortium to get Roland out!
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Excellent piece, AB

Haha !

Just a thought....

I'd rather Airman sent him an urgent begging letter urging him to put together a wealthy consortium to get Roland out!
    I'm sure the thought has never crossed Varney's mind.

Then again, Ebbsfleet not doing that well ; - )
  • Options
    is votv 115 still available as there is no option to add it to cart, its just the subscription option
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whoops . . . fixed that now. Thanks for pointing it out.