Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton fans in Sweden?

I was just curious if there are any Swedish based Charlton fans on here or anyone who is a regular visitor to Sweden ?

Comments

• Options
    There is a Swedish Supporters Club (Swedish Addicks) Not sure if Lars (organiser) posts on here?
  • Options
    I go a few times a year to Malmo?
  • Options
    Bjorn Borg
  • Options
    I'll be in Stockholm at the end of the month to meet the Swedish supporters (and go to a craft beer festival)....that any good?
  • Options

I was just curious if there are any Swedish based Charlton fans on here or anyone who is a regular visitor to Sweden ?

I used to live in Boras, a one hours drive from Gothenburg.

Hence, ElfsborgAddick.
  • Options
    I'm in Copenhagen
  • Options

Why? We stay with family just outside Malmo a couple of times a year?
  • Options
    Lund is a beautiful little town. A mini Oxford.

About 1/2 hour outside of Malmo.
  • Options
    I'm in France? ; )
  • Options

Hence, ElfsborgAddick.
    I've been coming over regularly for the past 25 years and I still go at least once a season.
    I remember I met a lot of Elfsborg fans in The Royal Oak once, who were there to support Mathias Svensson.
    They were wearing their yellow match shirt, so easy to spot.
    It turned out one of the guys was from Växjö, which is very close to where I live.
    Perhaps you were one of those Elfsborg fans, EA?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Live work and drink In Stockholm... Season Ticket holder Covered end go back maybe 8 - 10 games a season mainly fun away games as Manchester better flight since City stopped flying
    i have bumped few into a fee Charlton in Stockholm watching games at Liffey or Southside Comments on above yes Lund is a great place Bjorn Borg yes is Charlton chatted with him in bar here and he his dad and grandad all charlton Craft Beef festival and fan meet Charlie when and where ?
  • Options
    @stockholmaddick‌ if you drink in the Southside (home of Llangholmen sp?) or Liffey, then you must know the Addick that I am going over to visit..it's too small a place not too - I'll drop you a line.
  • Options

I fell in love in/with Lund when I was working out there recently. Was such a pretty little place, a few nice sports bars and so on.

Truth be told I've been looking at the idea of moving out to Malmo or Copenhagen ever since. Alas, I've no idea how I'd find work.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I fell in love in/with Lund when I was working out there recently. Was such a pretty little place, a few nice sports bars and so on.

Truth be told I've been looking at the idea of moving out to Malmo or Copenhagen ever since. Alas, I've no idea how I'd find work.
    Wife went to uni at Lund. A proper student town. Lots of bikes and places to eat out. Malmo is great. I've been going for 7 years now. It's like Manchester in that it's a big City feel with all the trappings, yet it is classy with a bohemian flavour to it. If you think London is cosmopolitan, Malmo trumps it. It is mainly Swedes of course, but around 180 languages spoken there, with English as most a second language. Swedes are fiercely patriotic and it is normal to see a Swedish flag flying in the garden of most houses, without there being too much intolerance. Malmo has great beaches that are clean and the summer's are like South of France. Property has shot up over the last 5 years, but still way behind London, unless you go to somewhere like Limhamn, where Zlatan has/had a lovely house where you can pay a £mill+.
  • Options
    I would also say recommend Helsingborg easy to get to Denmark, Malmo , Gothenberg and Lund nice football stadium and some cracking bars.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Look at your inbox
  • Options
    Was due to be there last Friday gutted the job was cancelled last min
  • Options

Hence, ElfsborgAddick.
    I've been coming over regularly for the past 25 years and I still go at least once a season.
    I remember I met a lot of Elfsborg fans in The Royal Oak once, who were there to support Mathias Svensson.
    They were wearing their yellow match shirt, so easy to spot.
    It turned out one of the guys was from Växjö, which is very close to where I live.
    Perhaps you were one of those Elfsborg fans, EA?
    Battre skrivar jag pa Engelsk!

I would probably know them, they were probably part of the Guliganerna.

I possibly was there but not in the Yellow top, I never wear my colours.
  • Options
    Yep, I live in Stockholm (hence the name). Been a fan for over 20 years but lived here for 11 now. Get back for a match or two a year. General CL lurker. Anyone that wants to grab a beer/drown your CAFC sorrows in Sthlm sometime get in touch!
  • Options

Live work and drink In Stockholm... Season Ticket holder Covered end go back maybe 8 - 10 games a season mainly fun away games as Manchester better flight since City stopped flying
    i have bumped few into a fee Charlton in Stockholm watching games at Liffey or Southside Comments on above yes Lund is a great place Bjorn Borg yes is Charlton chatted with him in bar here and he his dad and grandad all charlton Craft Beef festival and fan meet Charlie when and where ?

Respect mate.

I used to live in Boras and had a season ticket for Elfsborg, did the aways but a bit of a mare with the dodgy kick off times. Did not work out for me which was a shame.

First went to Sweden in '89 when I saw us play Boras AIK.

Sweden is the most beautiful country, with the most beautiful women in the world.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

LuckyReds said:

Wife went to uni at Lund. A proper student town. Lots of bikes and places to eat out. Malmo is great. I've been going for 7 years now. It's like Manchester in that it's a big City feel with all the trappings, yet it is classy with a bohemian flavour to it. If you think London is cosmopolitan, Malmo trumps it. It is mainly Swedes of course, but around 180 languages spoken there, with English as most a second language. Swedes are fiercely patriotic and it is normal to see a Swedish flag flying in the garden of most houses, without there being too much intolerance. Malmo has great beaches that are clean and the summer's are like South of France. Property has shot up over the last 5 years, but still way behind London, unless you go to somewhere like Limhamn, where Zlatan has/had a lovely house where you can pay a £mill+.
    All I really remember of Malmo was Lilla Torg (sp?). It was in March and the open fires outside of restaurants. I came out of Malmo station to see what the fuss was about, and I'd seen different areas with friends after work - but I went from thinking: "sterile. Soulless. No KFC and no pigeons." to something completely different.

Also, everyone I met in Lund and Malmo had a "London Story". Even about fondness for Elephant and Castle..
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I have a bizarre twist for this thread:

Bloody hell Matt Svensson, that's not on!

• Options
    Top geezer Svensson, met him loads of time when I lived in Boras, the city Elfsborg play in.

You may find this hard to believe but he is idolised over there, a local lad done good type thing.
  • Options
    Looked and played like beaker from the Muppets and wants a Muppet club to win
  • Options

Looked and played like beaker from the Muppets and wants a Muppet club to win

But not when he played for Elfsborg.

I admit though he was not the best striker Charlton have ever had.
  • Options
    He was like a shit but not so shit pawel abbot
  • Options

He was like a shit but not so shit pawel abbot

I take it you were not a fan of him!
  • Options
    Wernt his fault tried hard but I just didn't get over the palace connection