Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Article: Once an Addick....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Yep bumpy road or transfermarkt!
    It's our club through thick and thin. As a kid in the 70s we had a big London derby once a season but I never dreamt we would have nine years in the top division with 27,000 crowds and I hope we see that again soon.
    Let's hope they get the next head coach appointment spot on to speed up our return.
    Nice one Henry
  • Options
    For me it's not so much a case of win or lose, more a case of sanitation. Post Sky we are no longer thought of as shareholders or even important. It's heartbreaking that RD could just up and go if he felt the need. I f**king hate what our game has become. Whoever comes in will know his days are numbered.
  • Options
    Well said Henry. I think if we wanted an easy ride or a load of glory we picked the wrong team. Thing is, your team picks you, not the other way round. Whether it's inherited from family, a chance encounter with a next door neighbour (in my own case) or whatever fate brings us together, by and large its a fateful decision and, once taken, it's for keeps. All of that said, time, family, finances, health and other factors kick in at various points in life. While they don't alter your fundamental faith, they do for circumstantial reasons affect the nature of your support and your attendance. When a few of those factors happen to coincide with a regime that could politely be described as unorthodox, it may be that some of us take a little time out. But we will be back, if, indeed, we go in the first place.
  • Options
    I have become very unhappy with what has been happening this Season. I have lost my Football Mojo. I used to attend matches in an excited state really looking forward to what was going to unfold. I now attend out of a feeling of duty and there just seems a sense of gloom hanging over the place. I will not go to any more away games this season as i really can't be bothered to travel hundreds of miles. I will still go to Home matches and U21s and U18 games. If anyone finds my Mojo could they return it to me.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I have become very unhappy with what has been happening this Season. I have lost my Football Mojo. I used to attend matches in an excited state really looking forward to what was going to unfold. I now attend out of a feeling of duty and there just seems a sense of gloom hanging over the place. I will not go to any more away games this season as i really can't be bothered to travel hundreds of miles. I will still go to Home matches and U21s and U18 games. If anyone finds my Mojo could they return it to me.

Is it one of these?

• Options
    Whilst I am not enjoying our football at the moment we have all seen far worse times and not so very long ago at that.

We all get pissed off, if I had a £1 for every time I said I had enough I would be a very wealthy man.

P.S. I have been following Charlton for 45 years.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Those who say they pissed off and not coming anymore don,t stop being Charlton, they just can,t Stand watching the poor product on offer. They may stay away a couple of games , months years, but most will still always be Charlton.

Those who start screaming that these are not proper Charlton don,t see the other side of these fans. I work all week, I have a two day weekend, one of which I have my daughter for the day. So when I come to Charlton which takes up pretty much all day, that's my personal leisure time gone. Why, would I want to spend, it watching poor unattractive football, that leaves me frustrated and miserable. U can go to work 5 days a week to be cheesed off. I have a life that gives me alternatives that I can enjoy doing, as well as going to the valley.

I have a season ticket, but watching the last 3 months has been painful. My priority for me leisure time may well be adjusted unless the new man turns Saturday into something to look forward to, not dread.

I will always be Charlton, but turning up to watch rubbish, doesn't make you solid and loyal, it might just be, you have nothing better to do !
  • Options

Those who say they pissed off and not coming anymore don,t stop being Charlton, they just can,t Stand watching the poor product on offer. They may stay away a couple of games , months years, but most will still always be Charlton.

Those who start screaming that these are not proper Charlton don,t see the other side of these fans. I work all week, I have a two day weekend, one of which I have my daughter for the day. So when I come to Charlton which takes up pretty much all day, that's my personal leisure time gone. Why, would I want to spend, it watching poor unattractive football, that leaves me frustrated and miserable. U can go to work 5 days a week to be cheesed off. I have a life that gives me alternatives that I can enjoy doing, as well as going to the valley.

I have a season ticket, but watching the last 3 months has been painful. My priority for me leisure time may well be adjusted unless the new man turns Saturday into something to look forward to, not dread.

I will always be Charlton, but turning up to watch rubbish, doesn't make you solid and loyal, it might just be, you have nothing better to do !

Did you read the article at all?
  • Options

oooh sorry, didn't know my post had to be a direct response to your eloquent words of wisdom. My post was more in tune with the always an Addick title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

oooh sorry, didn't know my post had to be a direct response to your eloquent words of wisdom. My post was more in tune with the always an Addick title.
    So you didn't read the article, just the title
    Fair enough
  • Options

Fair enough
    What is your problem, you had a bad day ?
  • Options
    For a variety of reasons, I can only get to the Valley rarely, but, I was at Brentford. As someone very eloquently pointed out - it didn't seem like OUR Charlton. Very easy to get out of the habit of forking out, travelling etc. I ll always support Charlton, confused so much now tho, just doesnt feel right (been to a couple of games since Griffin Park). Bottom line, I think, bollox to a network - We are Charlton
  • Options

Fair enough
    What is your problem, you had a bad day ?
    Dry your eyes
  • Options
    Lyrics say it all
  • Options
    Great song and lyrics.

Maybe we should play this before games
  • Options
    My dad took me aged 6 to watch us play Mansfield Town, i took my daughter aged 10 to Bury. Both our first games we were in the third tier. We've always lived 180 miles from Charlton, so have been surrounded by other closer, bigger clubs. For me standing among any amount of Addicks feels like being part of something (however low our support is). Glory hunters i think not. Lets face it we're all here till we die!
  • Options

My dad took me aged 6 to watch us play Mansfield Town, i took my daughter aged 10 to Bury. Both our first games we were in the third tier. We've always lived 180 miles from Charlton, so have been surrounded by other closer, bigger clubs. For me standing among any amount of Addicks feels like being part of something (however low our support is). Glory hunters i think not. Lets face it we're all here till we die!

Have you sought help?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well, Henry, time to congratulate you again on the success of your article. Well done.

No more " Mr Bump" but now "Heinz"

:-)

• Options
    Going to Charlton win lose or draw ....is enjoyment but in varying degrees and I love it.
  • Options
    Went back to read this thread given the views being expressed today after another flat result.

I still feel the same but fear that even more fans will take the option to walk away when this season ends.

Hard times.