Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Gomez

2»

Comments

• Options

Pure class. How long is he contracted...?

Until Roly decideds to cash in. So I'd say 3 or 4 days.
  • Options
    Gomez is the business and I'd start him ahead of Bikey for the next few games at least.
  • Options
    I did not catch it all, but I am sure I just heard Joe may be out for the season, and bang goes his world cup dreams. Sorry if wrong
  • Options
    He’s confirmed he is out for the rest of the season and the World Cup. Had surgery on his ankle.

Gutted for him but hope he comes back stronger.
  • Options
    He seems to be very unlucky with injuries.

I do hope he will get more opportunities in the future to fulfil his undoubted potential at the highest levels.
  • Options
    Wish him all the best for his recovery but if he's really that close to Southgate's squad for the WC, England are right in the deep and smelly. His performances for Liverpool have been error strewn to say the least. Physicality and pace, mostly, kept him out of trouble in championship football but his youthful inexperience has been cruelly exposed higher up, not aided by repeated spells injured on the sidelines. He's not yet 21, far, far too early to be relied upon as a top flight defender.
  • Options

Wish him all the best for his recovery but if he's really that close to Southgate's squad for the WC, England are right in the deep and smelly. His performances for Liverpool have been error strewn to say the least. Physicality and pace, mostly, kept him out of trouble in championship football but his youthful inexperience has been cruelly exposed higher up, not aided by repeated spells injured on the sidelines. He's not yet 21, far, far too early to be relied upon as a top flight defender.

most 21 year old centre halves in the prem are no where near the first team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Southgate has a difficult choice, does he stick with ball playing CBs or revert to the experienced ones, noting that Smalling has been a regular for United recently, while Cahill is back in the Chelsea team and played well in a 3 against Liverpool on Sunday.
  • Options
    Reading the article it sounds like he was rushed back too soon, poor form from Klopp if that's true.

Having said that, i'd have had him nowhere near the world cup starting XI so it's not a disaster.

Hope he gets the time to recover properly and can start fresh next season as he's in danger of becoming more known for his injuries than performances.
  • Options
    That's a real shame for the lad.
  • Options
    Gutted forJoe regarding Liverpool, but because of the year out and then two more shorter term injuries this season he was playing second fiddle to a 19 year old in Alexander-Arnold.
    I'm not really sure how he could have been picked for England at the moment even if fit.

Disappointed to hear the commentator on radio 5 say Joe got stick in that comeback game from some dopey scousers.
    Joe time will come again, just needs a bit of luck on the injury front.
  • Options
    Bad luck Joe. Hope you come back firing next season.
  • Options
    Was looking forward to seeing him at the World Cup have to console myself with the thought of him as England captain at the WC in Qatar!

Tough luck Joe stay strong and come back better than ever.
  • Options
    41 games for Liverpool in 3 seasons, of which only 28 were in the league which is barely more than the 21 league games he played for us.

Is that really enough experience to make a WC squad, especially as he hardly ever played CB for Liverpool?