Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Get well soon, Kevin Nolan!

edited January 2015 in General Charlton
My good mate Kevin suffered a stroke on Sunday morning and is currently in Farnborough Hospital, although he may be transferred to Lewisham. Thankfully the prognosis appears good, but I am sure we all went to send him our best wishes and to his wife Hazel.

Saturday's game against Brighton will have to be postponed as Charlton are surely not allowed to play without him being there to report it.

Comments

• agreed

thoughts with the family
  • Best wishes to him and his Family.

• Yes, best wishes to him and his family.
  • Lovely guy, wishing him a quick and full recovery
  • Get well soon Kevin
  • Awful news but I'm delighted to hear he's on the mend. Come back soon Kevin; you're one of a very special kind.
  • Get well soon Kevin. There is no match report I look forward to more than yours. Excellent writer.
  • Hope he makes a full recovery.
  • The best Charlton journalist in my era bar none. Paassionate, enthusiastic and always has time to talk anything CAFC. Get well soon, Kev. Take care
  • Get well soon
  • Sponsored links:

• All the very best Kevin. Get well soon.
  • Excellent journalist and a lovely fella. Let's hope the team can put a smile on his face tomorrow.
    Wish him and his family all the very best.
  • Get well soon Kevin, you can do an expose on the NHS whilst you're there, and best wishes to Hazel
  • Get well soon.
  • I have met him once and read his Charlton reports thousands of times. Hope you get better soon Kevin. Take care.
  • Never met him but read his reports and think he does an outstanding job. Best wishes for a full recovery.
  • Get well soon.
    Excellent writer and, so I hear, excellent chap.
  • Get well soon Kev.
  • It was his match reports (quite often more enjoyable than the matches themselves) in the Mercury that first really got me into writing. Get well soon and best wishes to the family.
  • Part of the culture to me, growing up In Charlton, and reading his articles.
    To me he is part of the DNA of the club..... has there been a more dedicated and loyal member of the press to this club.?
    He has always had a distinct style, and that has not alway's gone down well at the club..
    But that is what I want out of a journalist, independent of the pr spin, so often trotted out at press conferences, and briefings.
    Met him on a few occassions, alway's a very honest and sincere man, who is a fan of the club.
    Wish him well, and a full recovery.

• Sponsored links:

• All the very best to Kevin and his family - an excellent journalist and all round top man. His reports reflect a tremendous knowledge of the game and a wonderful sense of humour. Get well soon
  • Get well soon Kevin.
  • No-one can capture the mood of Charlton games like he can. Get well soon.
  • Had the pleasure of meeting him on the coach a few times. Pretty much goes to every game, a true supporter and I wish him a speedy recovery
  • Get well soon.
  • The best match reports I have ever read, a passionate fan as well, and always good for a chin wag, best wishes to Hazel and hope to see Kevin back at the Valley soon, get well soon mate.
  • Great reports and an absolute diamond fella. Wishing him all the best and hopefully see him at the valley soon.
  • Get well soon Kevin.
  • Get well, Kevin and stay strong, Hazel. The boys just HAVE to win tomorrow!!
  • Win, lose or draw, Mr Nolan writes with verve and style - often more lively than the players themselves. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.