Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Sherwood.

Comments

• Options
    knows the game inside out, Massively passionate and speaks his mind. Could go either way. Depends how the media treat him in my opinion. Definitely has it in him to excel or explode.
  • Options
    Think he's quality and hope he does well.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that Southampton score line. The Gun Slinger will no doubt have choice words. I look forward the crap post match interview on MOTD. What will he have to say about it

• Options
    cabbles said:

Really enjoyed that Southampton score line. The Gun Slinger will no doubt have choice words. I look forward the crap post match interview on MOTD. What will he have to say about it

Probably "First half we didn't play like a Tim Sherwood team"
    LOL
  • Options
    He'll probably say he discovered the bloke who scored the hat-trick.
  • Options
    Kept Villa up.
  • Options
    Will end in tears.
  • Options
    Kept Villa up due to the ineptitude of the other teams, as opposed to a masterful turnaround on fortunes and footballing quality. In another season they would have gone down with merely a whimper, but I'm afraid both Villa and Newcastle are staying up, and their deluded fans would have been celebrating long into the night, before setting their sights on European qualification next season.

I saw a tweet from Grealish yesterday, essentially saying "who cares about the result we're staying up get in!!!" He should be embarrassed to be a part of that team, not celebrating the fact they didn't completely fuck the season up
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Kept Villa up due to the ineptitude of the other teams, as opposed to a masterful turnaround on fortunes and footballing quality. In another season they would have gone down with merely a whimper, but I'm afraid both Villa and Newcastle are staying up, and their deluded fans would have been celebrating long into the night, before setting their sights on European qualification next season.

I saw a tweet from Grealish yesterday, essentially saying "who cares about the result we're staying up get in!!!" He should be embarrassed to be a part of that team, not celebrating the fact they didn't completely fuck the season up

your right, the only reason he kept them up and got them to a cup final was because of the ineptitude of other teams
    nothing to do with getting villa playing well, get goals from a team Lambert could not do(remember at one stage Villa were the lowest scorers in the top 6 divisions of English football) and getting the best from Benteke again
  • Options
    He'll be gone within two years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting the best from Benteke! What skillful management. Truly an alchemist.

Benteke got the best out of Sherwood. They're fucked if he goes, which he will
  • Options
    Just watched MOTD. He had nothing in his interview, brilliant. I was expecting some diatribe of nonsense. He looked like a broken man
  • Options

sam3110 said:

your right, the only reason he kept them up and got them to a cup final was because of the ineptitude of other teams
    nothing to do with getting villa playing well, get goals from a team Lambert could not do(remember at one stage Villa were the lowest scorers in the top 6 divisions of English football) and getting the best from Benteke again
    How many of their games have you seen since Sherwood came in? They survived due to how awful the other teams are.
  • Options
    They must have got to the fa cup final due to the ineptitude of other teams as well.
  • Options

They must have got to the fa cup final due to the ineptitude of other teams as well.

Isn't this how the spanners got to one?
  • Options
    They've survived because Sherwood has managed to improve them all the way from utterly awful to merely adequate, where other teams have gone on a slump. If Newcastle and Hull weren't both on diabolical runs Villa would be in trouble right up until the last day and may very well struggle again next season.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    In his interview Sherwood said they had a bad day, including himself.
    Playing the high line at the back when the CB's have no pace is risky.
    He took a chance and it backfired.
    Do you think Villa would have played with the confidence before the Saints game if Lambert was still there ?

Tim Sherwood is a big headed so and so, but how can you survive in football if your timid. No chance.

Always blow your own trumpet in life because they are queuing up to knock you down.

The next Labour leader please Note.

• Options
    Oh dear. Couldn't even bring himself to come out and do a post match interview yesterday. Had the players locked in the dressing room apparently. That'll have an impact on the players now they piss off on their summer holidays. I dare say they've forgotten it already. They're the choice words and telling it like it is I imagine.

He looked massively out of his depth yesterday. No amount of wearing his heart on his sleeve prepared him by the looks of it. Arsenal were very very good, but he didn't set Villa up well at all.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Oh dear. Couldn't even bring himself to come out and do a post match interview yesterday. Had the players locked in the dressing room apparently. That'll have an impact on the players now they piss off on their summer holidays. I dare say they've forgotten it already. They're the choice words and telling it like it is I imagine.

He looked massively out of his depth yesterday. No amount of wearing his heart on his sleeve prepared him by the looks of it. Arsenal were very very good, but he didn't set Villa up well at all.

he's still got a lovely bum though
  • Options
    That is the problem with Sherwood's 'honest' approach, if you keep coming out to the media deriding your players, and alluding to mental weaknesses etc, then those same players will gradually either lose faith in you, or lose confidence - probably both.

I remember reading SAF's book, and he talks about being careful how you talked to players after a game, as you would be needing those same players in a few days time to do the business for you, and possibly get you out of a whole.

As a manager you can hardly expect the support of your players, if you are unwilling to take a few bullets for them in return.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I can't wait to hear the nonsense about how hard it's been having players sold from underneath him, players double crossing him and how their pre-season has been a mess. But the martyr will go on, talking about a good job he's done in adverse circumstances. I guarantee it
  • Options
    He tells it like it is, cabbles
  • Options
    I'll happily listen to him moan 24/7 if he takes Adebayor off of us.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    JohnBoyUK said:

This guy (Adebayor) has to be the biggest crook in modern day football. He's been doing dick all since he left Arsenal, and getting paid very very well. When you see someone like him earning the money he is on in makes you sick to the stomach. He may have done a lot of charitable work in Togo and that is all well and good, but he's not earning his money, that's what I have an issue with.

If I were a Spurs fan I'd be delighted to finally move him on. If I were a Villa fan I would get ready for 3 good games at the start of the season and you won't see him after that
  • Options
    I dont want to detract away from the original thread but jeez, where to start. Respect to him for his charity work but thats where it stops. Hopefully Sherwood can persuade Lerner to take him on.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

JohnBoyUK said:

This guy (Adebayor) has to be the biggest crook in modern day football. He's been doing dick all since he left Arsenal, and getting paid very very well. When you see someone like him earning the money he is on in makes you sick to the stomach. He may have done a lot of charitable work in Togo and that is all well and good, but he's not earning his money, that's what I have an issue with.

If I were a Spurs fan I'd be delighted to finally move him on. If I were a Villa fan I would get ready for 3 good games at the start of the season and you won't see him after that
    Tbf is it really the player's fault that clubs are queuing up to pay him £100,000's a week? He's not done the business for years now but if clubs are prepared to chuck money at him to sign for them, in hope more than expectation, then it's the system that's broke and it's not his fault. I agree its sickening but don't see why this makes him a 'crook' really.
  • Options

cabbles said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Tbf is it really the player's fault that clubs are queuing up to pay him £100,000's a week? He's not done the business for years now but if clubs are prepared to chuck money at him to sign for them, in hope more than expectation, then it's the system that's broke and it's not his fault. I agree its sickening but don't see why this makes him a 'crook' really.
    Crook was probably over egging it and yes the system is broke, it is just hard for me to distinguish between the system and the product sometimes. I just can't stand the way these players can get away with it :(

Another example, Stephen Fletcher at Sunderland. I think his only goals last season were against Gibraltar - then he's posting photos of his brand new sports car on social media.........agitations
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34240004

great watching. he's going to fall apart very soon. Take away the bravado and the direct talk, there isn't much there
  • Options
    it's that win-ratio i feel sorry for :(
  • Options
    Tim Sherwood is the polar opposite to the mantra of Curbs ?
    Don't get too high when you win,
    Don't get too low when you Lose,

Thou TBF that was a impression of me after Last seasons Bad Friday at Millwall !