Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tim Sherwood.

Comments

• He seems to be all passion and motivation - can see how he would be a good impact manager and may well keep them up.
    Let's see how he does when they are stabilised and their fans start dreaming of/expecting a top 8 challenge.
    How's his football nous?
    Good luck to him, but seems a bit of a berk to me
  • "It's great I resisted the temptation to get rid of him last January because perhaps he wouldn't be the star he is for Tottenham," Sherwood said at a news conference.

This was straight talking Tim on Harry Kane. I think in Tim's head he believes Harry's success is solely down to him. Also said after the Swansea game that when would he get the rub of the green re: a referee decision. Give it a rest Tim you lemon
  • cabbles said:

"It's great I resisted the temptation to get rid of him last January because perhaps he wouldn't be the star he is for Tottenham," Sherwood said at a news conference.

This was straight talking Tim on Harry Kane. I think in Tim's head he believes Harry's success is solely down to him. Also said after the Swansea game that when would he get the rub of the green re: a referee decision. Give it a rest Tim you lemon

Why single him out, every single manager on earth has said that at some stage

and in regards to Kane, he probably has helped him a lot considering he worked with the under 21's when Kane was in that squad
  • cabbles said:

"It's great I resisted the temptation to get rid of him last January because perhaps he wouldn't be the star he is for Tottenham," Sherwood said at a news conference.

and in regards to Kane, he probably has helped him a lot considering he worked with the under 21's when Kane was in that squad
    I'm just not a fan of his Paulie.
  • He's a chancer who is going to make a career in football management by mugging of idiotic chairman with his "personality" and media persona.

He'll get found out in the end like Holloway and Dowie have.

Fair play though, he'll make a fortune doing it.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I gathered, but can anyone honestly argue with his record
    he joined Spurs on 23rd December 2013, he had to cope with the under performing signings AVB had made, he then got the best out of Adebayor and finished the season with a high win percentage.

he was then treated like crap by the owner who sacked him despite a decent first 6 months.

has now gone into Villa, getting something out of Gabby and got Villa to score 4 goals in 1 game last week

he is still early on in his managerial career but I think he will have a good career
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

I gathered, but can anyone honestly argue with his record
    he joined Spurs on 23rd December 2013, he had to cope with the under performing signings AVB had made, he then got the best out of Adebayor and finished the season with a high win percentage.

he was then treated like crap by the owner who sacked him despite a decent first 6 months.

has now gone into Villa, getting something out of Gabby and got Villa to score 4 goals in 1 game last week

he is still early on in his managerial career but I think he will have a good career
    His win ratio is superb :wink: or so they keep saying. I'm more inclined to agree with WSS. I believe he'll get found out within a year. I have a feeling he's great at the start of a job but when things start to go wrong, he'll implode

I think yes he did get a rough(ish) ride at Spurs, but ultimately for Spurs' aspirations, he def isn't the man for the job, and they knew that. It was always a short term thing I think
  • "High win percentage", since when has that been a thing? "High amount of points" would seem to be the key.

Think he's an alright manager, and to.be fair to him he did give a few youngsters a go at Spurs who've done well as a result. But he's a bit rent-a-quote, wish he'd just get on with it.

He'll get an easy ride in the press though like Redknapp, if he's good value for them they'd rather he was in a job.

• cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Tell it like it is, Steve.
  • he's doing better than I thought that he would .. so far ((:>)
  • Sponsored links:

• The latest from the toughest talker in management...........

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tim-sherwood-tells-aston-villa-players-to-man-up-ahead-of-qpr-game-10158929.html

'Man up, you good for nothing Villans, you'
  • cabbles said:

The latest from the toughest talker in management...........

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tim-sherwood-tells-aston-villa-players-to-man-up-ahead-of-qpr-game-10158929.html

'Man up, you good for nothing Villans, you'

his half time team talk is going to be "play better, don't lose."
  • Keeping Villa up and now got them to an FACup final

As I said he is a good manager with a good future ahead of him

well done Tim
  • I reckon he's a bit of a Pardew clone. Good for a six month motivational boost but not much more.
  • I always thought the critism of Sherwood was laughable. His record at Spurs was pretty good. Proving to be a very good manager
  • Definitely a good motivator and adds passion to the players. Fair play to him for keeping Villa up and getting them to a cup final. He's exactly what they needed this season.

Still quite difficult to judge him as a manger though because he hasn't completed a full season in charge anywhere yet.
  • I reckon he's a bit of a Pardew clone. Good for a six month motivational boost but not much more.

Yeah Pardew's got such a shockingly poor record as a manager hasn't he, NOT!
  • He has a poor record with us and that's all that matters.
  • This transfer window will be the big test for both Sherwood & Pards
  • Good on him! Wears his heart on his sleeve and had the balls to bring in kids like Grealish and Kane! Also motivates players like Benteke and Adebayor when other managers couldn't
  • Sponsored links:

• Do you think reaching the final might put them more in danger of going down? A few finalists have been relegated the same season
  • Riviera said:

I reckon he's a bit of a Pardew clone. Good for a six month motivational boost but not much more.

Yeah Pardew's got such a shockingly poor record as a manager hasn't he, NOT!
    He has a poor record as a manager and a good record as a head coach.
  • Very impressed with Sherwood's tactical plan today. A 4-1-4-1 to 4-3-2-1 system to nullify Liverpool's 3-4-2-1. N'Zogbia occupied Lovren, Grealish pushed onto Can and Benteke pushed up on Skirtel. Forcing Liverpool to defend 3v3 and stopping their build-up play from the back. Delph out-played Henderson (vastly over-rated) in their individual battle & Cleverley out-played Allen (ordinary). Rodgers changed to a flat B4 and dropped Gerrard into a deep midfield role, with no effect on the pattern of the play. Rodgers looked clueless during the second half.

That Grealish looks a prospect. Played with intelligence. Also loved the story of his Great Great Grandad being a Cup Winner with Villa in 1905.
  • I think he done a decent job at Spurs after the shambles AVB left and brilliantly with Villa. Some statos on here might know but hadn't Villa only scored 12goals when he took over?
  • edited April 2015
    The only Bizarre thing Sherwood did was to bring Joe Cole on ?
    The last 10 minutes you knew that Villa would start to drop back as Liverpool had one last go. Did Joe touch the ball ?
    Also why did Rodgers wait until the 90 minutes to bring on Lambert ?
    It's tell you more about how poor a manager Paul Lambert must be, when they went 630 minutes and scored 1 premiership goal.
    Grealish is just like Gomez and glides over the turf, and looks class.
    The water carrier Cleverly remembered how to pass 3 yards and put himself about, and Delph was superb and passed to people with the same colour shirt unlike when he plays for England. What a beast Benteke was today, Has recovered his Mojo since cocky Tim has shown up.
    As for Sterling he should of taken the 100k a year! (100k a week Sam)
    If Liverpool pay him 150k a week that will be a bigger robbery than took place in Hatton Garden.
  • pretty laughable when he said he scouted sterling when he was a youngster, as if he's aided in some way to his development. He was at spurs' academy, if he's not scouting english players of sterling's abilty he's not doing his job.
  • Managers like Sherwood seem to go well or badly with not much in between. He's doing a decent job at Villa. I wouldn't like to see them come down.
  • Just watched him being interviewed. What an annoying twat. If there was a God he would get relegated, but there isn't.
  • masicat said:

Just watched him being interviewed. What an annoying twat. If there was a God he would get relegated, but there isn't.

Will you reconsider your position on God if Villa get relegated?
  • As Palace can still go down ( mathematically ) I would say a Villa, Millwall and Palace treble and I would consign Hitchens and Dawkins to the waste bin . Nothing less than that.