Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tim Sherwood.

Comments

• Options
    I like him! Watched football from the terraces like us so he sees things from a fans point of view which i find refreshing!
  • Options
    He's married to my cousin and is a great guy. He enjoys working with younger players and you do wonder whether Harry Kane would be where he is right now were it not for Tim. Saying that let's judge him on his results in a few months. Had no idea they were selling the house (which is lovely). Shows how Charlton Life can be so informative.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

He's married to my cousin and is a great guy. He enjoys working with younger players and you do wonder whether Harry Kane would be where he is right now were it not for Tim. Saying that let's judge him on his results in a few months. Had no idea they were selling the house (which is lovely). Shows how Charlton Life can be so informative.

Please put a word in for Fabian Delph on loan till the end of the season. ;-)
  • Options
    They were 1 up, but going into HT, stoke equalise. Time to get in there Tim and.......
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Top scorer has......4
    Obviously the talent of Benteke and abgonlahor have weighed in with 3 each.....
    Not won in what 10 or 11?
  • Options
    Defeat today. Will he be laying into his players on MOTD. I'm looking forward to it
  • Options
    He's still recalculating his win ratio
  • Options
    Called West Brom a 'good little club' but he's happy he got the job at Villa as they are a massive club.

He's the gift that just keeps on giving. It will be bloody massive when they face Sheff Wed at the start of next season
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Called West Brom a 'good little club' but he's happy he got the job at Villa as they are a massive club.

He's the gift that just keeps on giving. It will be bloody massive when they face Sheff Wed at the start of next season

Only for one season though, Wednesday will be promoted soon don't forget.
  • Options
    loved his interview yesterday. Says he is now putting the pressure on the players to get a win - when asked if this may not help & should he be taking the pressure off them he replied with " they've had no pressure on them all season & look what that's done ! " - Love a manger who tells it straight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2015

loved his interview yesterday. Says he is now putting the pressure on the players to get a win - when asked if this may not help & should he be taking the pressure off them he replied with " they've had no pressure on them all season & look what that's done ! " - Love a manger who tells it straight.

He's a bit Pardew to me. All down to him if his team win but it's the players fault if they lose. I think Villa are doomed with him in charge.
  • Options

Your so right, a manager who in his first tenure has the best win ratio out of all spurs managers, so terrible he is.

Ugh. Win ratio. Reminds me of when Liverpool signed Andy Carroll for £35 million and then started going on about 'net spend' when people pointed out he was a donkey. Sherwood failed at Spurs; he failed to improve the team, to establish something cohesive for the future and to get them pulling in the same direction. He alienated too many players and failed to show any tactical nous. It happens, managers always slip up somewhere and he might be exactly what Villa need, but you know when people start relying on phrases like 'win ratio' that a manager failed to bring anything tangible to the role.
  • Options
    He'll take Villa down in a blaze of glory .. Looking forward to a return visit to Villa Park next season .. haven't been there for a loooooong long time
  • Options

He'll take Villa down in a blaze of glory .. Looking forward to a return visit to Villa Park next season .. haven't been there for a loooooong long time

Apart from that 4-3, villa park has been a graveyard for us in recent years. Been several times, all defeats.
  • Options
    And you have to pay £1 to get in the pub .
  • Options
    Good balti pies though.
  • Options
    An absolute joke listening to everyone eulogising about him and that win last night. I caught a bit of radio 5 live on the way back from the game last night. Talksport are still talking about all morning this morning!!!!!! He won a game at home to a team they probably should be beating. The 'tell it is like it is' love in is too much
  • Options
    cabbles said:

An absolute joke listening to everyone eulogising about him and that win last night. I caught a bit of radio 5 live on the way back from the game last night. Talksport are still talking about all morning this morning!!!!!! He won a game at home to a team they probably should be beating. The 'tell it is like it is' love in is too much

I was listening in as well. Villa supporters mostly moaning at the commentator saying 'Villa got lucky'. Then they played an interview with Sherwood who says 'we got a bit of luck tonight'.

The thing I do not get about Villa this season is that they are the lowest scorers in the 10 football leagues - and have Benty out on loan? Surprised Sherwood has not got him back.
  • Options
    You can't recall someone from a loan outside the transfer window. I accept Sherwood is exceptionally arrogant but I find hin entertaining and hope he does well
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Agree, 5 live on my two hour drive home last night, villa was the only topic of conversation. Mark Chapman banging on, then from 10 o'clock, their presenter happened to be a Villa fan who was going to be speaking with Peter Withe later in the show. Nicely balanced!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really don't understand some people

AVB spent over 100 million pound and struggled, got sacked and Tim took over

He had over 50% win ratio finished 6th (getting European football) and still got sacked.

IMO he has come in for some harsh criticism Spurs being his first job remember and will go on to be a good if not great manager
  • Options

cabbles said:

Agree, 5 live on my two hour drive home last night, villa was the only topic of conversation. Mark Chapman banging on, then from 10 o'clock, their presenter happened to be a Villa fan who was going to be speaking with Peter Withe later in the show. Nicely balanced!!
    I don't listen to these radio stations, but surely this makes a change from the usual Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea stuff?
  • Options

Really don't understand some people

AVB spent over 100 million pound and struggled, got sacked and Tim took over

He had over 50% win ratio finished 6th (getting European football) and still got sacked.

IMO he has come in for some harsh criticism Spurs being his first job remember and will go on to be a good if not great manager

I'm not confirming this Paulie :wink:

For me he did okay at Spurs but I think his whole 'tell it like it is persona' is a load of crap. You can tell he obviously buys into this image of him telling it like it is. Him being a straight talker doesn't translate to him being a good manager
  • Options
    I've seen Villa a couple of times and they have been poor. He got them motivated against West Brom and they were the better team and got a result. I like watching his actions on the sideline kicking every ball. Good luck to him. Nice to see a young British manager at a high profile club. Please don't compare him to Pardew because he is a decent person!
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

I've seen Villa a couple of times and they have been poor. He got them motivated against West Brom and they were the better team and got a result. I like watching his actions on the sideline kicking every ball. Good luck to him. Nice to see a young British manager at a high profile club. Please don't compare him to Pardew because he is a decent person!

Can you confirm whether he really does have an Ars*nal tattoo?
  • Options
    I know his old man is a big gooner! You should be more worried about pics of Kane in an Arsenal shirt !
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

I know his old man is a big gooner! You should be more worried about pics of Kane in an Arsenal shirt !

Was just intrigued as that was the rumour that has been abound since Redknapp got Sherwood involved at Spurs and he refused to answer the journalists when asked. We knew the old man was a ST Holder at the Cameldome.
  • Options
    Tim Sherwood doesn't come over as a very good man manager to me. There is something about I don't really like. Just an opinion. He'd probably think the same of me.

He's probably a good coach but more as an assistant gaffer rather than the top man.
  • Options
    Smart thing to do and keep quiet ! In the end you have to be professional and give 100% to your employers. Do you think because of the Arsenal connection it did make him unpopular? Even though he played for Spurs
  • Options
    He's already got supporters invading the pitch in celebration of their two wins against WBA. That's what he can do, wearing his heart on his sleeve and telling it like it is!!!!!!