Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Tassimo versus Dolce Gusto

I thought I'd do a little comparison for people thinking about buying or replacing their coffee machines, I had a dolce gusto by Nescafé and at Christmas changed to a tassimo but I was not expecting there to be so many differences so I thought I'd help others by stating what I noticed.

Having now owned both, I can say the tassimo has more varieties and makes great lattes (Costa grande) but the cappuccino from the dolce gusto is much better, the tassimo has intelligence to stop on its own where the gusto is more manual but that does interfere with tinkering for preference, or making it a little bigger. The Oreo drink on the tassimo, although too small is delicious, as is the Cadbury miles above the oppositions "chococino". The dolce gusto makes a great mocha and the tassimo appear to not do one at all?? My husband is living off of the twinnings teas from the tassimo, an option not available in the dolce gusto. The dolce gusto has cheaper pods though by about £1 a time, which adds up, the tassimo pods are cheaper if you buy in bulk from Amazon.

Comments

• I got the tassimo for Xmas, still checking it out, found the cappuccino good though
  • Nepresso for me.
  • Bugger, I thought we were getting a new Italian striker!
  • Stig said:

Bugger, I thought we were getting a new Italian striker!

I thought it was a combo of two modern day pop stars who, like all the others, I'd never heard of.
  • I got a tassimo for Christmas I love it iv not made a coffee the old fashioned way since probably gonna work out expensive but I love it
  • Just looked on amazon and a hundred nespresso pods are nearly fifty quid and presumably that is best value for buying loads at once.

How can you justify fifty pence a cup for everyday usage?
  • MrOneLung said:

Just looked on amazon and a hundred nespresso pods are nearly fifty quid and presumably that is best value for buying loads at once.

Set up outside the valley with a cap on the floor saying "can you spare 50p guv" that could do the trick
  • edited January 2015
    MrOneLung said:

Just looked on amazon and a hundred nespresso pods are nearly fifty quid and presumably that is best value for buying loads at once.

Indeed, when you can buy a kilo of Lavazza beans for under £11.

Edited to add: initially opened this because I thought it was a thread about a fight between two people with the "working class names". :-)
  • We use the dolce gusto which works fine and makes me feel like the local barista when people come round and marvel at my frothy milk ;-) ( but that's another story for another thread ) :-)
    Anyway, tbh my brother in law inherited a proper coffee machine, and it probably cost about £300-400 new but if you like your coffee then it is probably worth stepping up to get the real deal. I have no idea what the make is but it is a retro looking thing that wouldn't look out of place in a spitfire cockpit! ( though I doubt The Few would have been fannying about with lattes and cappuccinos in the skies over Blighty as they engaged those Fokkers all those years ago )
  • Sponsored links:

• 3blokes said:

We use the dolce gusto which works fine and makes me feel like the local barista when people come round and marvel at my frothy milk ;-) ( but that's another story for another thread ) :-)
    Anyway, tbh my brother in law inherited a proper coffee machine, and it probably cost about £300-400 new but if you like your coffee then it is probably worth stepping up to get the real deal. I have no idea what the make is but it is a retro looking thing that wouldn't look out of place in a spitfire cockpit! ( though I doubt The Few would have been fannying about with lattes and cappuccinos in the skies over Blighty as they engaged those Fokkers all those years ago )

In WW2 Fokker was a Dutch aircraft manufacturer - not German - did you mix up your Fokkers and your Focke-Wulfs? :-)
  • Yes I did :-)
  • Your husband is using a coffee maker to make twinings tea? Has he not heard of a kettle?
  • Can you write a poem to mourn the passing of the Dolce Gusto?
  • Your husband is using a coffee maker to make twinings tea? Has he not heard of a kettle?

Apparently it's sooo much nicer, and it is also a very expensive way of drinking tea, I still use the kettle myself, not because I neccessarily prefer it but because it's cheaper.
  • Can you write a poem to mourn the passing of the Dolce Gusto?

Funny! ;-)

It hasn't passed works perfectly well, I gave it away.
  • Plus you can only make one at time. Was round brother in laws on Boxing Day and they ha got one using up tesco points and took half hour for everyone to get their coffee
  • MrOneLung said:

Plus you can only make one at time. Was round brother in laws on Boxing Day and they ha got one using up tesco points and took half hour for everyone to get their coffee

Does he live in the Falconwood Harvester?

Apparently it's sooo much nicer, and it is also a very expensive way of drinking tea, I still use the kettle myself, not because I neccessarily prefer it but because it's cheaper.
    Weird, can't imagine it's any different! For coffee yes, tea no.
  • Here's an idea.
    Boil a kettle; pour hot water into a mug containing two teaspoons of decent instant coffee (e.g Kenco Costa Rican) add milk and sugar to taste.
    Can't understand how people have bought into this hype for choccaloccamoccalatte frothy, milky fancy dan bollocks.

(BTW the wife says dolce gusto)
  • Sponsored links:

• Tassimo is brilliant.
  • Here's an idea.
    Boil a kettle; pour hot water into a mug containing two teaspoons of decent instant coffee (e.g Kenco Costa Rican) add milk and sugar to taste.
    Can't understand how people have bought into this hype for choccaloccamoccalatte frothy, milky fancy dan bollocks.

(BTW the wife says dolce gusto)

My parents had a sodastream once.
    And a Breville toaster.
  • Give me jar of netcafe gold blend over all that nonsense.
  • lattes and cappuccinos and all those other cups of syrup coffee with heads on that people sit there sticking a spoon in is just coffee for people who dont like coffee.
  • firstworldproblems
  • So much more entertaining than the match thread...
  • Unless it's frozen Sadie, it may spill if you leave it on its side!