Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The transfer window across the RD network

I believe it would be interesting to see what happens during the window not just at Charlton but at all the other clubs. Although the Trust has contacts close to Standard, you can never have too many, so I'd like to ask all those who can track the comings and goings at the other network clubs, to share info on this thread. Also any informed comment on reaction of fans to those transfers (or lack of them) would be interesting. Among Lifers I can think of whom I would love to hear from are @CharltonMadrid, plus of course our Belgian friends such as @byl, @Belgian_Spur, @defke, @skywalker, and any others whom I've forgotten.

The idea would be to write an article based on this and Trust contact info which would attempt to work out from the activity, where RD is heading with the whole thing, and of course where Charlton fits into the grand scheme.

Thanks. Looking forward to any news from anyone (ideally with indications of source)

Comments

• Options
    Just read that Alcorcón have signed the amusingly named Kiko Femenia on a free, formerly of both Barcelona B and Real Madrid B.
  • Options

Just read that Alcorcón have signed the amusingly named Kiko Femenia on a free, formerly of both Barcelona B and Real Madrid B.

Sounds like one of the girls from the Ukrainian bare-breast feminist group. They should be so lucky.

Keep us posted .

BTW, has RD changed the head coach at Alcorcon since he arrived? Serious question. I don't recall such an event.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    RD bought the club in January last year and sacked the then coach, Miguel Álvarez, in the February. He then bought back their previous, and now current manager José Bordales who had taken Alcorcón to 5th place in 2012-2013.
  • Options
    Rumours in Hungary that Krisztian Simon, a winger from Ujpest is on trial with us according to a Ujpest fan on Twitter.

Was at Wolves when he was younger and had a loan spell at Feyenoord in 2011.
  • Options

Rumours in Hungary that Krisztian Simon, a winger from Ujpest is on trial with us according to a Ujpest fan on Twitter.

On his twitter page, there is a paragraph with Charlton in the middle, do not understand, can anyone decipher?
  • Options
    From SL contact "Imoh Ezekiel wants te come back, will be hard to pay his wages. Other than that, nothing new. "
  • Options
    ross1 said:

On his twitter page, there is a paragraph with Charlton in the middle, do not understand, can anyone decipher?
    Something about a deal could not be agreed with Charlton so he is off to sunnier climes
  • Options
    edited January 2015

ross1 said:

Something about a deal could not be agreed with Charlton so he is off to sunnier climes
    Mercury Exclusive.................Charlton reject a network player
  • Options

ross1 said:

Thank you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

ross1 said:

Torquay?
  • Options
    Excellent idea this Prague Addick, I can see this creating considerable interest over the years. I can also sense a feeling of a European network amongst supporters. I might even change my mind about the Common Market.
  • Options

I believe it would be interesting to see what happens during the window not just at Charlton but at all the other clubs. Although the Trust has contacts close to Standard, you can never have too many, so I'd like to ask all those who can track the comings and goings at the other network clubs, to share info on this thread. Also any informed comment on reaction of fans to those transfers (or lack of them) would be interesting. Among Lifers I can think of whom I would love to hear from are @CharltonMadrid, plus of course our Belgian friends such as @byl, @Belgian_Spur, @defke, @skywalker, and any others whom I've forgotten.

The idea would be to write an article based on this and Trust contact info which would attempt to work out from the activity, where RD is heading with the whole thing, and of course where Charlton fits into the grand scheme.

Thanks. Looking forward to any news from anyone (ideally with indications of source)

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/17302/duchatelet-factor-entire-network

Hope the other forum does not mind but I thought I would share this on CL. Really interesting graph. I had not realised RD had invested funds into a Netherlands club also.
  • Options
    That is a great piece of work. A Standard fan' s work, apparently. I remember Sittard was mentioned on the fan site of Polish Pete's old club, de Graafschap, when I had a look there, but it seemed like it wasn't significant. Hopefully he will update that through the window. But what to conclude from it?
  • Options
    Can't believe we missed out on Ponce :)
  • Options

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/17302/duchatelet-factor-entire-network

Hope the other forum does not mind but I thought I would share this on CL. Really interesting graph. I had not realised RD had invested funds into a Netherlands club also.
    Wow some of the players we've had have been to 3 or 4 network clubs. Why does he keep them? If they were decent they would have made an impact and settled somewhere?
  • Options
    Alcorcón haven't done much in the transfer window. Charlie Dean, their English centre back, has been released but not sure where to. The only other player I have read that they have brought in is the midfielder Fernando Usero, who has had spells at Córdoba and Elche. There will probably be a full summary in this week's Marca of all team's in and outs so will post what I see.

It seems difficult to see where Alcorcón fit into the network. There have been very few connections with the other teams and none with Charlton so it does seem hard to see the point of it really. They have got a nice new stand out of it though.
  • Options

That is a great piece of work. A Standard fan' s work, apparently. I remember Sittard was mentioned on the fan site of Polish Pete's old club, de Graafschap, when I had a look there, but it seemed like it wasn't significant. Hopefully he will update that through the window. But what to conclude from it?

Standard buy a lot of rubbish.
  • Options
    19 players have moved between Standard & St Truiden, I find that astonishing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

19? That's mental. No doubt some of them will turn up at the valley at some stage in the future.
  • Options

se9addick said:

19? That's mental. No doubt some of them will turn up at the valley at some stage in the future.
    We've already been treated to Koc (ahem) and Reza - Reza's actually played for Charlton, St Truiden & Standard !
  • Options
    19 and there isn't even an ownership connection.. according to Roland and Katrien..
  • Options

Reading this is very alarming and sobering at the time. How did we caught in this web of clubs and players.
    Surely this cannot be legal the way the players are clearly just being monovered around the network, this is not what football is about.
  • Options

19 and there isn't even an ownership connection.. according to Roland and Katrien..

They are not lying - the connection is genetic!
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see what happens if Sint Truiden go up (and they should) as to what action the Belgium League take and what RD does.
  • Options
    edited February 2015

It will be interesting to see what happens if Sint Truiden go up (and they should) as to what action the Belgium League take and what RD does.

If there is any hint if them going up, I'm sure Roly will throw a spanner (not one of our challenged friends from down the road) in the works, and put a stop to it.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Although not in one season. That graphic covers the total history and the Standard - STVV history is longer than the rest of the network which is one year old.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Although not in one season. That graphic covers the total history and the Standard - STVV history is longer than the rest of the network which is one year old.
    How long has there been a link between
    STTV and Standard ?