Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew odds slashed for SE25 job

Apparently Alan Pardew could be in line for the Pal***e job. I reckon that Mr Parrish would have to at least meet the wages being paid by Newcastle. Think Pardew would rather wait for his eight year pay off.

Comments

• Options
    a number of bookmakers including Paddy Power and William Hill stopped taking bets this afternoon due to Pardew being clear favourite

tonight Bet365 and Skybet have also stopped taking bets but you can still get evens on 888bet
  • Options
    Yes please. Wankrs reunited.
  • Options
    Three year contract and £5m compensation.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    think he might keep them up, but it would be great if he sends them down.
  • Options
    Absolutely would be marvellous as he would basically get them relegated, and then blow all the money. C'mon Mr Parrish, break the bank to get Pardew.
  • Options
    Let him save their season like he saved ours.
  • Options
    If he took the job he really would be an idiot.
  • Options
    Please let it be true - they deserve each other.
  • Options
    No way he's going to take that job. Arrogant c*nt probably thinks he's next in line for the Arsenal job when Wenger goes, not going to lower himself by going to Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he would probably keep them up this year, so wouldn't necessarily go wishing he goes there.
  • Options
    I thought it was pretty much accepted there is no 8 year contract?
  • Options
    I think he'd stand a good chance of keeping them up. He didn't do so badly for us in the prem. It was in the Championship that he was truly awful here. Although it looks appealing on paper, I suspect he'll keep them up and those of us waiting for them to fail will be disappointed yet again.
  • Options
    He has a job and one that is not a relegation battle.
    His ego is a little to big for any sentiment for that gig.
    Also I doubt if palarse could match or improve on his current terms and conditions.
    Book maker will love to take your money on this.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like Shelvey could be joining him there.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Why the hell would he wana swap a Ferrari for a Volkswagen beetle?
    Makes absolutely no sense, from his perspective, to do that. Though he is a f*ckin twat, it still would be a strange decision and one that would need explaining, in my opinion.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Why the hell would he wana swap a Ferrari for a Volkswagen beetle?
    Makes absolutely no sense, from his perspective, to do that. Though he is a f*ckin twat, it still would be a strange decision and one that would need explaining, in my opinion.

Indeed. Although Palace could be in his veins!
  • Options
    He might figure jump before pushed and to him Crystal Palace would be a cash cow and he could lord it there whilst sycophants stroke his ego.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

He might figure jump before pushed and to him Crystal Palace would be a cash cow and he could lord it there whilst sycophants stroke his ego.

If he's pushed doesn't he get something like 5m. Can't see him leaving.
  • Options
    where did this come from .. Newcastle at last are on the up, Palace as usual are involved in yo-yoing between divisions .. Pardew will NOT be coming back dahn sarf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Odds for him on betfair are hovering around evens. Which in my experience means this is far from being close to a done deal. He'd be a lot shorter than that if there was any real knowledge or inside info.

If he goes shorter today then it might have some legs but i still can't see why he'd want to leave a job with a club getting 50k each week, where the owner clearly likes him, to move to a club flirting with relegation. I also can't see Parish wanting to pay a few million compensation to Newcastle either.
  • Options
    Surely no chance. After a sticky start this season, Pardew has got Newcastle playing reasonably well. He'd be mad to consider Palace.
  • Options
    Only reason I can think of is that he wants to come back to London so he's got a few swankier places to.take player's mum's out to.
  • Options
    Popovic to take over is a Twitter rumour.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Surely no chance. After a sticky start this season, Pardew has got Newcastle playing reasonably well. He'd be mad to consider Palace.

There might be something more attractive at Palace than at Newcastle in the same way as he seemed to enjoy his time at Upton Park.
  • Options
    Made for each other, I've always had a soft spot for the barcodes but that has been severely tested since Pardew became their manager.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    Not gonna happen
  • Options
    Still don't believe Parish will pay compensation for Pardew. Surely he's much more likely to go for Hughton or Sherwood and spend 5m on the team instead.
    Popovic is an interesting option though, ex-player and just won the asian champions league with a very unfancied side. Probably wouldn't cost too much either as i doubt an Aussie side pays millions.
  • Options
    Blimey odds into 2/5 - 2/7. Crazy.