Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Harlequins

Went to Twickenham today to see Quins play Northampton in front of 82,000.

What a great atmosphere - so many drunk people, but no hint of trouble - all supporters mixed together and no animosity or aggression.

A really good day, and football could learn a lot from the way they treat their fans.

Any other Quins fans out there ?

Comments

• I have a soft spot for quins. A good family friendly club with a great match day experience.
  • I was over there today. My brother in law is a big Quins fan and, as we only live 20 minutes walk from the ground, my sons and I have a communal season ticket, which we share.

A good game at Twickenham today and a few very enjoyable pints in the Twickenham Brewery beforehand at £3 a go. Most acceptable.

Quins are a fairly slick commercial operation, although, of course, one big advantage they and other rugby clubs have over football clubs is the ability to sell beer to spectators during the game. They also seem to sell a lot of replica shirts and other merchandise.
  • cafc999 said:

I have a soft spot for quins. A good family friendly club with a great match day experience.

I think that applies to all rugby clubs, in all divisions.

• I now follow Quins after Wasps made the move to Coventry. To get to Coventry for a Wasps game would have involved a 331 mile round trip. My brother lives in Twickenham right between the Stoop and Twickenham stadium so it was a no brainer to follow Harlequins. I know of a lot of other friends who used to follow them but after they franchised the club they have given up. I understand that the club had no alternative but is was disappointing decision to move none the less. I would have gone to the game at Twickenham today but we had friends over to stay.
  • Went to Twickenham today to see Quins play Northampton in front of 82,000.

What a great atmosphere - so many drunk people, but no hint of trouble - all supporters mixed together and no animosity or aggression.

A really good day, and football could learn a lot from the way they treat their fans.

Maybe football fans could learn a lot on how to behave.
  • I went to one Saracens game last season, as they're my local club now, and enjoyed the experience. A very different feel to watching football!
  • I went yesterday and it was the right time I ever been to a Rugby game so it was certainly an experience. The atmosphere was great but I do enjoy the football atmosphere more because I enjoy the banter between two sets of fans.

Shame the Quins did not win but I have become a fan since yesterday :)
  • I went too; could become a Christmas tradition. Great atmosphere and a better game than last year. It's not the same though when you don't really care who wins.
  • Went to Twickenham today to see Quins play Northampton in front of 82,000.

I like the Quins due to friends being supporters, but I am a Saints fan...
  • I support my local team. (albeit I go about once a year...)

Come on Club!
  • Sponsored links:

• I went too; could become a Christmas tradition. Great atmosphere and a better game than last year. It's not the same though when you don't really care who wins.

This, although rooted for Quins as they are my local club.
  • Come on the tigers, my by wife's family, adopted rugby club and of course the red rose of England.
  • Vincenzo said:

I support my local team. (albeit I go about once a year...)

Come on Club!

Ah Club, my antidote to years of crap home performances at the Valley...
  • It's a lovely afternoon out. Being able to take a pitcher of ale to drink on the sidelines is a treat. Especially if you're alone.
  • edited December 2014
    Come on the Club!!

Only one rugby team in London ;0)
  • It's interesting how we have a thread like this cheering that fans can sit together and drink without trouble and only a few threads up there is a thread opining on how to sit with away fans in football without being fed your own teeth.