Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Igor's Miss

http://youtu.be/3flI-uu2GbI

Definitely bobbled. Not huge, but enough.

Comments

• What part of Igor's body-shape on that freeze-frame says the ball is going anywhere other than 'up'?
  • Would never have happened with Paddy Powell still in charge.
  • I can see a slight bobble but to be fair it just looks like a clueless hit itr hard as possible effort to me. A little composure and a lift over the keeper was all it needed. Easy for me to say though. At least he got into the position to have a go. Badly needs a goal to get confidence up and I don't mean a tap in.
  • I can see a slight bobble but to be fair it just looks like a clueless hit itr hard as possible effort to me. A little composure and a lift over the keeper was all it needed. Easy for me to say though. At least he got into the position to have a go. Badly needs a goal to get confidence up and I don't mean a tap in.

Maybe he remembered the little dink that Tucudean tried to make against Millwall
  • edited December 2014
    Wasn't a miss
    Still had keeper to beat
    But agree the only way was up
    And up and up and still rising almost reached me in the upper north
  • Blimey, was worse than I thought at the time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Biggest surprise for me is that the club deemed it worth making a video of, then posting it on the net. Way to build up a strikers confidence.............

Think the idea of it was to highlight the bobble more than anything else.
  • Igor isn't very good at one on one's. He missed a few earlier in the season
  • Igor isn't very good at one on one's. He missed a few earlier in the season

All down to composure. With his pace, he's likely to find himself in a few of those situations, so it's something he really needs to work on to make him even better. He's more of an instinct striker, with quick reactions.......
  • I think their keeper did well to stand up long enough to make Igor choose to go for power
  • A great bit of play beforehand as George stepped over the ball to allow it run through to Igor.
  • I think Igor will improve. Sometimes we forget he's only 22. At the moment, he is an instinctive striker, and tends to screw things up when he has time to think.
  • The other thing that is maybe not as well known, is that Igor has been ill all week, and hasn't trained, so he was not at his best anyway.
  • It's admirable people ar trying to find excuses for the lad, but that one should have hit the target withouth a doubt, the ball does not really deviate from its normal course at all. Igor's leaning back a bit and hits it much harder than he needed to - that's why it missed.
  • It was a bad miss but he is only human. Every player will make a mistake during their career. The good thing though was seeing how much he and the team were upset after it. For once every player on that pitch played for the club and put 110% effort in.
  • Sponsored links:

• that ball does bobble right at the crucial moment and its only fractions but at that speed it can make all the difference
  • Wasn't a miss
    Still had keeper to beat

What do you mean it wasn't a miss!!!

Did he score?
  • MrOneLung said:

Wasn't a miss
    Still had keeper to beat

What do you mean it wasn't a miss!!!

Did he score?
    Couldn't really have been more of a miss!
  • edited December 2014
    You normally have perhaps 1 or 2 of those situations in a whole season - a golden chance to win the game with the last kick. We have had 3 such opportunities in the last 4 home games - sadly George, Bikey & Igor have all fluffed their lines.
    I'm just trying to remember what happened in the other one of those home games.....
  • You normally have perhaps 1 or 2 of those situations in a whole season - a golden chance to win the game with the last kick. We have had 3 such opportunities in the last 4 home games - sadly George, Bikey & Igor have all fluffed their lines.
    I'm just trying to remember what happened in the other one of those home games.....

There's nothing better than a last minute winner, remember QPR at the beginning of the year.
  • Dissapointing that he in particular did not put that one away.
    It would have been such a fantastic moment for a number of reasons.

The 1st time this season that charlton showed any balls and character.

Whatever peeters said at half time... really kicked em up the arse.
  • The other thing that is maybe not as well known, is that Igor has been ill all week, and hasn't trained, so he was not at his best anyway.

Ah so that is the reason why he didnt start?
  • edited December 2014
  • Well that's shit to see again.
  • moleo88 said:

Well that's shit to see again.

Certainly don't get any better!...........................keep the faith though I'm sure he has a few more goals in him this season!?