Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2014 Xmas is ruined because....

All your serious and joking (let the audience decide) reasons why Xmas should be cancelled right now...

- ONCE AGAIN there doesn't seem to be a spare pan or hob ring to do me some sweet potato mash

- its too mild

Comments

• Options
    This weather is bloody ridiculous. I'm running out of excuses not to accompany my brother for a swim at Charlton Lido
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Fallen out with g/friend already so she wants me to stay to dinner, then go back home, apparently. I can be such a d/head sometimes.
  • Options
    I'm on call and have 6 jobs dotted around Surrey and Sussex
  • Options
    Books and kindle instead of superdry - epic fail daughter/wife
  • Options
    razil said:

perhaps they're trying to tell you something?
  • Options
    Hehe.. They raided my amazon lists, which werent meant to be used as wishlists.

The older one said it doesn't feel like xmas, nope my bank account is deffo feeling like it is..
  • Options
    can't drink till this evening when I get home as I'm driving to my brothers for lunch who for over 40years still hasn't passed his f@cking licence
  • Options
    Worry if they get you a cardigan and slippers for your birthday.
  • Options
    It's ten past eleven, and have not had breakfast yet because of Father-in-law having to chat for an hour to everyone who rings up, and taking ten minutes to open each present. Bloomin' pub's open in less than an hour...
  • Options
    Because I thought Paper Craft (origami version of MineCraft) would be a good idea for my daughter and now have 300+ MineCraft related items which need folding and assembling!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Because I'm just leaving to get ma-in-law :-)
  • Options
    Its not cold enough out for me to use my back porch as a fridge...
  • Options

Fallen out with g/friend already so she wants me to stay to dinner, then go back home, apparently. I can be such a d/head sometimes.

Sounds similar to my Christmas last year g/f stormed out with her turkey so I just had my pud for Christmas dinner. She then called me to ask me to play happy families because her sister invited us over in the evening. Like a mug, I did - worst Christmas ever... we didn't last...
  • Options
    razil said:

What is superdry, mr Raz?

• Options
    As mentioned on the Happy Christmas thread, doing Christmas down at my sister's this year. Mum put the turkey on yesterday afternoon and then the rest of the family headed off to church leaving me to turn the oven off at the end of the cooking time, and as my sister put it "just make sure that the oven doesn't blow up". Literally two minutes before I was due to turn the oven off, the power goes off in half the house, and having finally located the circuit breakers and emptied half the pantry so I can crawl in to actually reset them, it appears that the oven has expired.

So at least we have turkey, but no roast potatoes, no yorkshire pudding, no parsnips (not that I'm fussed about the last of those) for lunch, and the sausage rolls and a lot of the other bits and bobs we were going to have for tea can't be cooked either. And to add to the general frustration of the day, niece has been given a furby AND a furbling, so the inane chirping is going to be twice as irritating
  • Options
    Luckily mother in law came to rescue with said garments.. Prague - google it
  • Options

razil said:

A clothing brand
  • Options
    Can't see my kids till tomorrow
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

There should be a sympathy button for those of us that are having a genuinely shit time. I mean how can you "like" something like this? Feel for you mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    smiffyboy said:

Feel for you mate
  • Options
    Daughter and son in law kicked off already... Is it one o'clock yet?

Some spectacularly crap presents from mum, thanks mum, socks too small and two pairs of gloves my 7 month grandaughters hands are too big for!!!

Tra la fuckin lah!
  • Options

Some spectacularly crap presents from mum, thanks mum, socks too small and two pairs of gloves my 7 month grandaughters hands are too big for!!!

Tra la fuckin lah!

Pour some alcohol on it - that usually calms everything down....
  • Options
    Keeping things fun because that's what our five year old girl wants and deserves. However my wife has had a truly awful year with both of her parents passing away within the last few months.
  • Options
    razil said:

Its not cold enough out for me to use my back porch as a fridge...

Is that some kind of Christmas euphemism?
  • Options

Tra la fuckin lah!

Pour some alcohol on it - that usually calms everything down....
    Gave up booze in 2014

Took up booze in 2015...

Oh look, grandaughters just thrown a newly opened cuddly toy onto a lighted candle on the table...
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

razil said:

A clothing brand
    Cashing in on Japanese cool, but the company is from Cheltenham.
    (Good pressies to take to Japan as the writing is as comic as Japanese English is to us!)
    Payback for the 1970's British motorbike industrial decline!
  • Options
    Chin up smithy feel for you mate
  • Options
    Thank you I'm used to it now today is a day to drink and forget tomorrow is our Christmas Day
  • Options
    Local pub no longer selling real beer = crap
    Aforementioned Father-in-law kindly offering to take us to much better pub a few miles away = result
    Returning to find expensive bottle of Portuguese red we had carted all the way from Algarve especially for Xmas dinner had somehow been consumed without being noticed while we were away on the Danube last week = crap...