Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Operation Cottage

edited October 2006 in General Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Agree with you 90% Salad.

There should be a real push for a bumper turnout at Fulham.

But this one should be fans-led, and t-shirts and other gimmicks are exactly that, gimmicks.
  • Options
    Oscar's quote sums it up:

'Our season starts with Fulham. I wasn't going to go as it was on Sky but have now decided that I will be there as the game is going to be incredibly important to our season. We need at least 4 points from Fulham and Watford.'
  • Options
    Completely agree. With the commitment shown against Arsenal; and with players returning from injury there is no reason why we shouldn't win the majority of our matches for the rest of the year,but this will only happen if we give our wholehearted support to the team and the management. Fulham aren't the noisiest fans and if we take a large contingent there we can drown them out.
    I'm off into hospital this week for a major operation and hope to be back fro the Sheff U match.
    COME ON CHARLTON
  • Options
    Lanc Lad, good luck for your operation then.
  • Options
    I think Fulham will see a big turnout. Definitely going as our season starts then and I think a lot of other fans will be doing the same.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    [cite] AFKA Bartram:[/cite]Agree with you 90% Salad. There should be a real push for a bumper turnout at Fulham. But this one should be fans-led, and t-shirts and other gimmicks are exactly that, gimmicks.

I'm with you except that with the club's backing surely we'll get a much bigger turnout.
    On the fan side, perhaps you can take your pipe of peace to Netaddicks and cafc-fans in a call for fans to abandon the armchair for the cottage on the 16th.

Anyway it is time, in the words of Maximo Park to "start all over again" ..... (Apply Some Pressure):

What happens when you lose every-thing,
    you just start again,
    you start all over again,
    you just start again,
    you start all over again
  • Options
    Yes, even I might abandon my armchair for this one. Huge game and after putting up a fight against Arsenal they deserve our all signing support.
  • Options
    [cite] Heath Hero:[/cite]Yes, even I might abandon my armchair for this one. Huge game and after putting up a fight against Arsenal they deserve our all signing support.

Count me in of course, but I am not sure how a petition is going to help.
  • Options
    don't count me in. Would love to go but have a school governors meeting that night so will by sky +'ing it.
  • Options
    Feeble.
    What is more important - your child's education or Charlton?????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    my £25 has been handed over...(still think its out of order that charlton fans with kids aren't being offered the £10 + £5 deal though)...
  • Options
    [cite] Salad Spinner:[/cite]Feeble.
    What is more important - your child's education or Charlton?????

excellent point

you club needs you !

Charlton have been in your lives a lot longer than your children. Time to get your priorities sorted !
  • Options
    Yeah, a top turnout is what we need, there is good scope for big numbers at the cottage, lets utilise it, and get behind the boys with a top fans performance, ala Riverside.

Comeonyoureds
  • Options
    Talking about school, etc, I must admit that my decision to go also has got a lot to do with one of the little oscars (aged 12). He said that I have told him for years how I went in the 70's home and away when we got relegated to the old third division, etc. So I figure I will be depriving him of his rightful eductaion if I didn't take him to Fulham ;-)

Mind you, can't say I am looking forward to Sheff Utd away if we don't start getting some results as that is about the only away game I can remember from the year we got relegated to the 3rd. I can remember my dad stopping on the hard shoulder of the m10 motorway as harry cripps (Ithink it was him) had been dropped of the Charlton coach and was waiting to be picked up. My dad asked him if he wanted a lift and then said he didn't know whether he should have just run him over...
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Anyway it is time, in the words of Maximo Park to "start all over again" ..... (Apply Some Pressure):

you just start again,
    you start all over again,
    you just start again,
    you start all over again

That is genius.

I'm planning to go by boat to the game - Greenwich to Blackfriars, Blackfriars to Putney. Travel in style. You know it makes sense.
  • Options
    I know, I know :-)

The theme tune for Operation Cottage perhaps.
  • Options
    Already got my two tickets and cannot wait!
  • Options
    I'll be there- but that's no great effort as i live 3 minutes walk away! :-)
  • Options
    My company pays for a Corporate Hospitality package for every game at Craven Cottage, supposedly to "entertain" important customers. Funnily enough there has been zero demand for the Fulham v Charlton game ,so I am in on the corporate hospitality. I have to be at the ground by 5:30 at the latest, and then get treated to a full nosh up/ pish up hosted by George Cohen, followed by seats in the Directors' box (see you there Henry?) and tea & cake at HT.

Sounds like a good night out to me. Not allowed to wear jeans or away colours in the Directors' box, though, so I'll be turning up in my whistle & flute!!
  • Options
    What about a sneaky CAFC tie badge?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From todays bulletin:

Operation Cottage

Charlton supporters are banding together to encourage one another to attend
    Charlton's next match - away at Fulham.

The details of Operation Cottage can be found at
    http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=38, a community-based website founded by
    fans two months ago.

Tickets for the live-on Sky match at Craven Cottage on Monday, October 16th
    (8pm) are on general sale, priced £25 adults, £15 over 65s and £5 U17s.

Valley Away coach travel can also be booked now at http://www.cafc.co.uk.
  • Options
    i wondered why the traffic suddenly went sky high !!
  • Options
    Kudos to you AFKA and Lookout... you dont see that very often in the bulletin and looks like the club has given its stamp of approval.

Well done the pair of you.
  • Options
    I just rang to buy mine cos dont want to miss out. she said in the last few days the ticket sales have really picked up and are going well.

Come on people.
  • Options
    That is excellent news.

We have a real chance to really push the numbers up for this with the international break.

If we can sell out (can we?) then Charlton Life will get a mention on an obscure feature of Sky Sports News!
  • Options
    gonna phone up and get mine this morning.

can see it now, we launch the campaign, and flog it to death, then i'm not able to get a ticket !

have heard sales have picked up considerably in the last 24 hours.
  • Options
    So i should get meself down the ticket office today to getr mine!

Ketman, you goin?
  • Options
    Don't forget people - we've not just got to sell-out the away end.... We've got to take over the neutral section as well !!
  • Options
    another three just been bought !!
  • Options
    [cite] LargeAddick:[/cite]another three just been bought !!

God, you are large aren't you :-)