Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Borg v Ibrahimovic

Zlatan - never lacking confidence. I think being an Addick tipped it Borg's way
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30589052

Comments

• Options
    lol! Ibrahimovic really does have a screw loose doesnt he
  • Options
    got a lot of time for Ibrahimovic after what he did for Sweden's Disabled football team.
  • Options

got a lot of time for Ibrahimovic after what he did for Sweden's Disabled football team.

I'll stand by my comment but this really is a good thing love the comment he made as well when they asked for something to auction: "Errr how much is a shirt actually going to make"
  • Options
    Love Zlat
  • Options
    Asked for his top Swedes, he replied: "I would have been No 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, with due respect to the others."

Extraordinary person.
  • Options
    Untill 3 years ago, could never live up to his own hype.
    Borg always let his grand slams do his talking.

would like to see him play alongside Igor.
    you known he would get some stick from CAFC folk who think he's lazy ! (would he take 12k a week)
  • Options

you known he would get some stick from CAFC folk who think he's lazy ! (would he take 12k a week)

I think his stats and honours throughout his career contradict your claim that he could never live up to his own hype.
  • Options
    Comical - He would be lucky if he got to string Borg's racquet! Overrated in the extreme
  • Options
    Bjorn Borg is Charlton so no contest ... Ibrahimovich loses
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think his stats and honours throughout his career contradict your claim that he could never live up to his own hype.
    In his own head, he thinks he's as good as Ronaldo or Messi.

Having watched him play since he was a teenager it's only in the last 3 years he's had more good games than bad.
    As for honours Gary Lineker was England best striker in the last 40 years (world cups) but can't remember him
    winning much.

Plus Zlatan is arrogant and ugly, which is a terrible combo.

• Options

Comical - He would be lucky if he got to string Borg's racquet! Overrated in the extreme

Overrated ? He's one of the most decorated players in the world !

I think he's a phenomenal talent who has the misfortune of playing at the same time as Messi & Ronaldo who are two of the greatest of all time.
  • Options
    Nowhere near Borg in terms of status but an exceptionally gifted player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck5P30zC3Z0
  • Options
    Talented and forgettable.
  • Options
    It would do if you include bloody man of the match awards!
  • Options

I think hed give us 12k a week not to come
  • Options
    He might be having a laugh at our expense with this whole "I , Zlatan" thing. I hope so. I went round the supposed slum where he was brought up, a couple of months back. Clearly he has never been to Thamesmead.
  • Options
    Not eating humble pie Yet,
    but his goal scoring record deserves to put him along side Aguero,
    Behind Suarez on last seasons form.

Sweden's top 3

1.Bjorn Borg
    2.Thomas Brolin
    3.Zlatan Ibrahimovic

who could argue with that top 3 ?
  • Options
    Brolin played for palace so should never appear on there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Too true,
  • Options
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc9ktJ3JHXA

An extraordinary talent....
  • Options
    Neither, ABBA win it for me by a mile.
  • Options

He might be having a laugh at our expense with this whole "I , Zlatan" thing. I hope so. I went round the supposed slum where he was brought up, a couple of months back. Clearly he has never been to Thamesmead.

I think the fella was brought up in Malmo.

I used to live in Sweden, their slum is our Kensington High Street.
  • Options
    Overrated, my arse, he's won the domestic league he played in all but 2 seasons since 2002, consistently scoring goals throughout his career, has singlehandedly dragged Swedish national football into finals contention, is arrogant as hell, but I have a proper man crush on him, he's a deadly striker and on his day completely unplayable.
  • Options

It would do if you include bloody man of the match awards!

Ha in my defence I just whipped that straight off wiki. Ballon d'Or, man of the match awards... what's the difference?!
  • Options

Thomas was in the swedish team that came 3rd in world cup in 94 as well as semi in 92 euros.

Brolin was going to be the next big thing in world football, which he became when going to leeds and putting on 4 stone and being voted the second worst footballer to play in the premier league in a poll by the Times.

In 98 his career reach rock bottom when he signed for palace and they had to have a special shirt made for him.
    He played 13 times for Palace scoring no goals.

I hope you can see Semedo, just like Zlatan, i have got a sense of humour.

Merry christmas.

• Options

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc9ktJ3JHXA

An extraordinary talent....

The best link I have ever seen on here, had no idea the quality of goals he has scored. Thanks for posting, that was an exceptional compilation. Shame he has never played in the PL.

In fact, based on that, I reckon he is better than Yann.

• Options

Thomas was in the swedish team that came 3rd in world cup in 94 as well as semi in 92 euros.

Brolin was going to be the next big thing in world football, which he became when going to leeds and putting on 4 stone and being voted the second worst footballer to play in the premier league in a poll by the Times.

In 98 his career reach rock bottom when he signed for palace and they had to have a special shirt made for him.
    He played 13 times for Palace scoring no goals.

I hope you can see Semedo, just like Zlatan, i have got a sense of humour.

Merry christmas.

Haha absolutely mate, but it wasn't me who called you out on the Brolin shout!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    That was oohaah, i know.

when ever in life your coming off second best always throw in a curveball.

Mr blobby Brolin was the curveball.