Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Aaron Leya Iseka

So is this the guy that someone alluded to that we were due to sign in the post match views for the Blackburn game?

17yo Anderlecht striker.

He's the brother of Michy Batshuayi so the rumour may have legs and as we know having legs is an upgrade on some of our striking options.

Comments

• The only 17 year old striker in Anderlecht's first team squad so must be the lad.
  • I thought RD refused to sign players for a fee from direct rivals of his clubs, arguing why should he make them richer? Unless this guy is out of contract?
  • I thought RD refused to sign players for a fee from direct rivals of his clubs, arguing why should he make them richer? Unless this guy is out of contract?

Seems as though the lad was originally in the Standard Liege Youth Team until last year...

Unless, of course, there's maybe no fee - or, he believes he can make money out of him.
  • Is quality on FM. Comes really good. We'll never sign him.
  • Where has this come from?
  • A whisper at Ewood Park.
  • Can I be the first to say that I'm underwhelmed and he's useless.
  • Lets hope he hits the ground running.
  • edited December 2014
    How fast can we Charltonise the lad?

We'll have his scoring average down in no time...
  • Sponsored links:

• Aged 17 !!!! Not what we need short term.
  • Aaron Leya Iseka – Striker

Aaron Leya Iseka (www.rsca.be)

He’s the brother of Michy Batshuayi from Olympique Marseille who played at Standard Liège but also a former Anderlecht youth player. To be honest, he’s one of the best strikers I’ve ever seen at that age. He’s a complete and modern striker, just like his brother. He combines pace with technique and is way too strong for his current opponents.

It would be good for him to get some opportunities next season, probably even this season, so he can play against much stronger defenders. I can’t name many weak points, even defending is not too much for the young striker. He looks mature when he enters the pitch and has eye for his teammates. He’s born to score goals. In his recent game in the Youth Champions League against Borussia Dortmund he proved again that he’s close to Anderlecht’s first team bench.
  • sammy391 said:

Aaron Leya Iseka – Striker

He’s the brother of Michy Batshuayi from Olympique Marseille who played at Standard Liège but also a former Anderlecht youth player. To be honest, he’s one of the best strikers I’ve ever seen at that age. He’s a complete and modern striker, just like his brother. He combines pace with technique and is way too strong for his current opponents.

It would be good for him to get some opportunities next season, probably even this season, so he can play against much stronger defenders. I can’t name many weak points, even defending is not too much for the young striker. He looks mature when he enters the pitch and has eye for his teammates. He’s born to score goals. In his recent game in the Youth Champions League against Borussia Dortmund he proved again that he’s close to Anderlecht’s first team bench.

You're not his agent are you!?
  • cafc-west said:

sammy391 said:

Aaron Leya Iseka – Striker

You're not his agent are you!?
    forgot to add that that paragraph came from the BENEFOOT website
  • Sounds like a very good young player. Why would Anderlecht let him go for the kind of money we can afford?
  • Sounds like a very good young player. Why would Anderlecht let him go for the kind of money we can afford?

what kind of money can we afford then?

what kind of money can we afford then?

For the right player a quite reasonable sum I think. For a 17 year old I can't see us paying very much so I suspect this is all bollox.

• edited December 2014
    "In August 2011, [an 18 year old Romelu] Lukaku joined English club Chelsea from Anderlecht for a fee reported to be around €12 million (£10 million), rising to €20 million (£17 million) in add-ons."

Not saying ALI is the next Lukaku but this is the kind of price range we're talking about if we want to bring in top talent from clubs such as Anderlecht. Can't see it personally.
  • If anything then its going to be a Loan deal
  • "In August 2011, an 18 year old Romelu Lukaku joined English club Chelsea from Anderlecht for a fee reported to be around €12 million (£10 million), rising to €20 million (£17 million) in add-ons."

Not saying ALI is the next Lukaku but this is the kind of price range we're talking about if we want to bring in top talent from clubs such as Anderlecht. Can't see it personally.

but I'm assuming Lakaku was already in Anderlecht's 1st team whereas this kid is not so maybe he's not as good? Plus we don't know his contract situation, maybe he's only on a short term deal, maybe it's a loan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner
  • "In August 2011, an 18 year old Romelu Lukaku joined English club Chelsea from Anderlecht for a fee reported to be around €12 million (£10 million), rising to €20 million (£17 million) in add-ons."

but I'm assuming Lakaku was already in Anderlecht's 1st team whereas this kid is not so maybe he's not as good? Plus we don't know his contract situation, maybe he's only on a short term deal, maybe it's a loan.
    Absolutely but if he's good enough to fit straight into our first team already, you'd think Anderlecht would have bigger ideas for him. A loan until the end of the season could be a good option but no way would this be a permanent transfer.

Absolutely but if he's good enough to fit straight into our first team already, you'd think Anderlecht would have bigger ideas for him. A loan until the end of the season could be a good option but no way would this be a permanent transfer.
    did you say the same when we signed Igor?

Lusaka was in Anderlecht's 1st XI. Remember seeing him score in a Champions League game v Hamburg. He was 17 and brilliant.
  • a teenaged unknown (to me at least) is not what we need .. we need an experienced striker who can the score the odd goal at least and knows the Championship
  • If this has legs then it would obviously be for the future. Bob/RD's liking for the 'young guns' and all that. I can't see this being the fix we need for January.
  • A whisper at Ewood Park.

The only whisper I heard emanating from Ewood Park was one of chocolate fingers
  • cabbles said:

A whisper at Ewood Park.

The only whisper I heard emanating from Ewood Park was one of chocolate fingers
    Somebody actually admitted to you they like to stick their fingers up there? I hope you didn't shake their hand.
  • If this kid is good enough to be in and around the Anderlecht first team squad at 17 then there will be far bigger clubs than us scouting him. And considering he's one of the top scorers in the UEFA youth league and scored twice against Arsenal the other week, it's a given that he's already on the radar of the usual big clubs.