Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Drinking and Driving the next day

Looking for any advice.

Had our works part yesterday started drinking about 3.30pm nothing major 5-6 bottles of Estrella, couple of wines with dinner and then 2 jd and cokes. Last drink between 1am - 1.30am.

Felt fine and pretty sober woke today without a hangover and had fry up and lunch and about to have dinner, I need to go out in a bout an hour and feel fine to drive but not sure if the alcohol would be completely out of my system.

does anyone know or have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Depends on you height, weight and metabolism. There is no definitive answer. If in doubt don't drive, so I think you have answered your own question.
  • Options
    No hangover after that little lot?!

Any more than 3 glasses of red wine these days and I feel like someone's taken an axe to my head.
  • Options
    You're more than ok
  • Options

You're more than ok

You going to pay his fine and chauffeur him about then Nick if he isn't? :-0
  • Options
    Yep, I would say you're fine.
  • Options
    Rob said:

Yep, I would say you're fine.

@cafcnick1992‌ it's ok @Rob‌ is going to share the load with you. :-)
  • Options
    Depends whether you were planning to pick me up from the station or not
  • Options
    Not an expert but think you'll be okay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Alcohol levels in your blood start to drop 20 minutes after your last drink, I believe.
  • Options
    You will probably be ok. You lose roughly 1 unit of alcohol per hour, but that depends on your metabilism, body build and other medication
  • Options

Alcohol levels in your blood start to drop 20 minutes after your last drink, I believe.

Alcohol levels can continue to rise long after your last drink. It's all down to how much you drink, how quickly and your own metabolism.
  • Options
    I think you lose a unit per hour after you stop drinking.

Your level is highest between 1 to 2 hrs after you have been drinking.

You should be fine, but if in any doubt why risk it? Get a cab and have a few!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

You're more than ok

No, you can.
  • Options
    18 hours after last drink? Should be able to drive a plane after that length of time.
  • Options
    Is your journey that important to maybe lose your lience .get a taxi or friend for a lift .alcohol affects people in different ways .
  • Options

RedChaser said:

You're more than ok

No, you can.
    Why me, what about you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can buy a hand held breathalyser for when you're not sure, they're not perfect but it's better than nothing.
  • Options

You can buy a hand held breathalyser for when you're not sure, they're not perfect but it's better than nothing.

Asda sell them If that's any help.
  • Options
    You'll be fine mate
  • Options

RedChaser said:

You're more than ok

No, you can.
    Boom. Stunning retort.
  • Options
    If you drink n drive don't forget your car
  • Options

as they're not perfect then presumably they may tell you you're fine when you're not. wouldn't that be the exact opposite of 'better than nothing'

• Options
    It's something like 1 in 5 or 6 of those who get convicted of drink driving are caught driving the following day after a heavy drinking session.
  • Options
    rina said:

as they're not perfect then presumably they may tell you you're fine when you're not. wouldn't that be the exact opposite of 'better than nothing'

This! mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/christmas-party-goers-warned-not-rely-4824753