Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SCP's three playing spells

Out of interest, can you name any other player that's had three playing spells with the club ?

Comments

• Options
    Eddie Firmani
  • Options

Out of interest, can you name any other player that's had three playing spells with the club ?

Move on ;)
  • Options

Eddie Firmani

cool, any others?

• Options
    Bleedin' heck... thought I did well just remembering him let alone be asked to provide another!! ;)
  • Options
    just to be clear, its not a quiz question ! just wondered if there were any others !!
  • Options

just to be clear, its not a quiz question ! just wondered if there were any others !!

OH FFS... I thought it were a bloomin' quiz lol!
  • Options

Flanagan (signed, loaned away, returned and then later re-signed)
  • Options
    Only other players I can think of though have all had two spells...

Alan Curbishley... Jonathan Fortune... Derek Hales
  • Options
    Neil Etheridge in a couple of years (without ever making his debut).
  • Options
    John Vaugan, goalkeeper? Played, left, came back on loan then re-signed (I think)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think they are the only two
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I think you are right Henners, other two timers not already mentioned that spring to mind in my lifetime are Mike Kenning and Dave Shipperley and way before that in the 20s / 30s Tommy Wilson.
  • Options
    Dave Mooney?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

I think you are right Henners, other two timers not already mentioned that spring to mind in my lifetime are Mike Kenning and Dave Shipperley and way before that in the 20s / 30s Tommy Wilson.
    JAson Euell, Linvoy Primus and Jon Fortune all had two spells and played games.

Wilson, Green and Haynes did but didn't play both times
  • Options
    Man alive, I don't remember Euell having two spells with us.
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:

Man alive, I don't remember Euell having two spells with us.

Played about 10 games in the league 1 Championship season.

Scored a goal or two in the Premiership as well
  • Options
    Technically Euell in his third spell with the club but only two were as a player.
  • Options
    Ah, yeah, it's coming back to me now. The League 1 part. One of the most memorable seasons in recent years and if no one had mentioned Euell had a part to play in it I would've never remembered.
  • Options
    Gritty went to Walsall for a while and came back...I think Colin Powell was sold to the Americans then came back later on.

Micky Bennett, Morts and Paul Williams also did two stints.
  • Options
    As did Anthony Barness... We sold him to Chelsea only to get him back didnt we?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Jason Lee play the first time around? I know we got him back on loan later, up front with Leaburn IIRC, we were pretty direct during that period!

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Yann Kermorgant and Diego Poyet both had 2 spells.

EDIT:crap now everyone knows I have been sent back from the future
  • Options

I logged back on to this thread expressly to mention Barness.

• Options
    And both Firmani and Powell went on to be manager so what does that mean?
  • Options
    Danny Mills was twice.
  • Options

And both Firmani and Powell went on to be manager so what does that mean?

It means you're once, twice, three times an Addick
  • Options

Did Jason Lee play the first time around? I know we got him back on loan later, up front with Leaburn IIRC, we were pretty direct during that period!

Yes he had a couple of minor appearances in his first spell.

Two others who had two spells....John Humphrey and David Whyte.
  • Options
    Jason Lee held the club record for longest time between his debut and first goal.

But who took that record off him?
  • Options

Jason Lee held the club record for longest time between his debut and first goal.

But who took that record off him?

Rufus?
  • Options
    Even Lee Cook had two spells!

The late David Whyte.

Arguably some of the 1939 squad who went off and played elsewhere but returned in 1946?