Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK - Charlton 2-2 Blackpool

Many thanks to the 80 Lifers who gave their marks, averages as follows:

Cousins----------------- 7.09 MoM
Gomez-------------------- 7.03
Buyens-------------------- 6.97
Ben Haim------------------ 6.91
Solly---------------------- 6.36
Gudmundsson-------------- 6.02
Bikey--------------------- 5.70
Harriott------------------- 5.53
Vetokele------------------- 5.36
Fox----------------------- 5.36
Pope---------------------- 4.04
Team--6.03

Our record since returning to the Championship after 21 games is:

8 Dec 2012----Played 21----W7,D8,L6---F28,A26---Points 29--Position 12th
21 Dec 2013---Played 21----W4,D7,L10--F17,A26---Points 19--Position 21st
13 Dec 2014---Played 21----W6,D12,L3--F23,A22---Points 30--Position 10th

more stats here: https://us.v-cdn.net/5000498/uploads/FileUpload/b9/bff094a7d180f21bf75ed796781f6f.pdf

Comments

• 4.04... Is that the lowest average score ever?
  • NomSoup said:

4.04... Is that the lowest average score ever?

Would have been average in this game:
    http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/59342/statbank-doncaster-3-0-charlton
  • Cheers Lancs. I was surprised to see Cousins ahead of Gomez, albeit by a small margin. Then again that goal was a peach, so fair play.

I found those Opta stats interesting. At 77% our passing accuracy was apparently the best it's been for five games (it didn't seem it to me) and we won more Aerial Duels, 58%, than we have for seven games. Our defending was off par though only 11 clearances (the previous low was 20) - or does that say more about Blackpool? The percentage of tackles won was just 31% - the worst percentage since the Watford match.
  • Stig said:

Cheers Lancs. I was surprised to see Cousins ahead of Gomez, albeit by a small margin. Then again that goal was a peach, so fair play.

I found those Opta stats interesting. At 77% our passing accuracy was apparently the best it's been for five games (it didn't seem it to me) and we won more Aerial Duels, 58%, than we have for seven games. Our defending was off par though only 11 clearances (the previous low was 20) - or does that say more about Blackpool? The percentage of tackles won was just 31% - the worst percentage since the Watford match.

I'd have thought that the lack of clearances stat has to be down to Blackpool not creating much that needed clearing.

I did notice that pass completion was quite good because Blackpool didn't press much. I think we tended to give it away high up the field, trying to hold it up or dribbling after a period of knocking it around in defence/midfield (because of how compact/narrow Blackpool were at the back).

• NomSoup said:

4.04... Is that the lowest average score ever?

besides that Doncaster game that Ben has mentioned the following are the worst average marks for players in Championship matches since our return from L1:

2012-2013
    Seabourne at Ipswich away------3.70
    Stephens at home to Forest----- 3.70

2013-14
    Evina at home to Birmingham----3.79
    Reza away at Derby------------ 4.00
    Sordell away at Brighton-------- 3.84