Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Security at the Blackpool game...

Anyone know why this was so much tighter than other comparable home games this season? Bag searches inside the ground, police on horses outside when there wasn't a hint of any conflict between the fans?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    London on high security alert
  • Options
    I did wonder why there was a heavy police presence
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    The police horses don't mean much. The police like to use football matches to give the horses experience and exercise, even when they are not needed. It also gives the street cleaners something to do afterwards . . .
  • Options
    The `Cleaning supervisor' code was given out twice before the game and all the fire doors closed.
  • Options
    Add to this the "unprecedented system failure" of the air traffic control system yesterday, and cops with machine guns in the Trafalgar Square area on Thursday night.

Sounds like UK on high alert as HartleyPete says.
  • Options
    Lots of rough looking rockabilly types in the Lib : - )

I'd guess the bag searches were to do with the idiot throwing the smoke bomb.

But it might just have been a routine test day.
  • Options
    Maybe they knew how bad we were going to play ? Could have caused a riot !
  • Options

The Blackpool firm is hard as rock.

Millwall would lick them.

yuk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

They knew you were back. :-)

• Options
    I had wondered if it was because Millwall had the afternoon free after playing on Friday evening? It certainly seemed out of proportion to the opposition, who were of Lower West stand levels of intimidation :-)

The police horses don't mean much. The police like to use football matches to give the horses experience and exercise, even when they are not needed. It also gives the street cleaners something to do afterwards . . .

Don't we get charged by the police, so that if they up their presence, it costs us more?
  • Options

Add to this the "unprecedented system failure" of the air traffic control system yesterday, and cops with machine guns in the Trafalgar Square area on Thursday night.

Sounds like UK on high alert as HartleyPete says.

UK is on a high state of alert. The terrorist threat level is currently at 'Severe', the 4th highest out of five, defining an attack is highly likely.

Sadly, London + events attracting large (relatively!) crowds are an attractive target.

• Options

The Blackpool firm is hard as rock.

And the tower above everyone,
  • Options
    DA9 said:

All the police are heavy, it's due to lack of exercise and sitting in their cars eating doughnuts all day.
  • Options
    But interestingly, for the first time I can remember, no security in the shop. (Or at least none that I could see).

I know us Addicks are a decent, law-abiding bunch but surprising to my mind.
  • Options

But interestingly, for the first time I can remember, no security in the shop. (Or at least none that I could see).

There is no stock to nick by all accounts.....
  • Options

That was Ben Haim's job but he found himself wandering up Harvey Gardens hoping Bikey would cover it for him
  • Options
    I did not get searched myself.
  • Options
    Pencil case alert.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    they were tipped off some one was carrying one or two too many nik naks than usual.
  • Options

Lots of rough looking rockabilly types in the Lib : - )

..day.

I guess Perry is back then ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I had wondered if it was because Millwall had the afternoon free after playing on Friday evening? It certainly seemed out of proportion to the opposition, who were of Lower West stand levels of intimidation :-)

Don't we get charged by the police, so that if they up their presence, it costs us more?
    Traditionally the club gets charged for police inside the ground. If Charlton add gratuitous fixtures - friendlies - the police are able to make full cost recovery, which is the main reason we never play teams that would bring significant support.

So no, Charlton wouldn't pay for the cavalry as far as I'm aware. Unless they are called into the stadium, presumably. I'm sure the club pays - through the various planning agreements - to clear up what they leave behind, though!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I wonder if there is any link with todays events in Sidney, Ghent, and even the track issue at Cannon street, in the wake of the CIA torture report.