Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Embarrassing to be a fan today

While sitting in the East stand today came across 3 men go over to get a stewards attention during the game to inform them about a bloke sitting by himself drinking a beer in his seat. Bloke wasn't out of it and had about a mouthful left. Isn't smoking or hurting anyone don't understand people sometimes.

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't me but was going to take it of him before he just downed the last mouthful. Just embarrassing, will be getting out for having chewing gum next
  • Options
    I doubt it, because you're allowed chewing gum in your seat
  • Options
    Ah I misread.

Whereabouts were you out of interest? There were two chaps infront of me in the queue for a beer at a half time, by B block, when one (seemingly seriously) asked the guy serving them whether they could take the beer back to their seat. "I don't know. I just pour it."

Struck me as a little peculiar.
  • Options
    No worries. Sit 2 blocks in from the north bit sure what block that is just know where my seat is every week ha. Was a bloke by himself but just thought what is the actual need and couldn't believe how they went out their way to tell the steward.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

Embarrassed how many people booed the team off!

Totally agree, james.

No way did the team or Bob deserve that.

Maybe should have saved the booing for the ref ....Dodgy/soft free kick given ( not for the first time this afternoon) contributed to their equaliser IMO.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Worth every penny of the 2 quid.. Ok ok someone had to.. :)
  • Options
    I had a bottle of water from top row of NWQ removed from me a wee while back, not just the lid but she took the whole thing... then a few minutes later when I'm checking my phone for scores she has the cheek to ask me the Chelsea score.. "0-1..21do1"
  • Options

While sitting in the East stand today came across 3 men go over to get a stewards attention during the game to inform them about a bloke sitting by himself drinking a beer in his seat. Bloke wasn't out of it and had about a mouthful left. Isn't smoking or hurting anyone don't understand people sometimes.

Pathetic twats.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

No need for that whatsoever, thought it was quite disgusting actually, if they want 3pts every home game then I suggest they wear blue and head across to West London.
  • Options

jamescafc said:

No need for that whatsoever, thought it was quite disgusting actually, if they want 3pts every home game then I suggest they wear blue and head across to West London.
    Only 1 home win in the last 3 months !
  • Options
    I'm just worried about the pencil case incident. Name them and shame them I say.
  • Options

I'm just worried about the pencil case incident. Name them and shame them I say.

They weren't the sharpest tools... Let them.be
  • Options
    Not the stewards fault that they enforce the law.
    Sad that there are so many people who can't do anything without alcohol to hand.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Sad that there are so many people who can't do anything without alcohol to hand.

No, they selectively enforce the law. They single out soft targets. Constantly giving people standing in the North Upper grief against Millwall whilst 3000 stood at the other end.

Same shit from them season after season.
  • Options

iainment said:

No, they selectively enforce the law. They single out soft targets. Constantly giving people standing in the North Upper grief against Millwall whilst 3000 stood at the other end.

Who really would wade into the Millwall end wearing just an Orange jacket for authority for £7 quid an hour! I doubt even if Rambo, Bruce Lee and Danger Mouse would be up for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

Ah I misread.

Whereabouts were you out of interest? There were two chaps infront of me in the queue for a beer at a half time, by B block, when one (seemingly seriously) asked the guy serving them whether they could take the beer back to their seat. "I don't know. I just pour it."

Struck me as a little peculiar.

I know the guy and he was joking.
  • Options
    What are the consequences of people drinking within sight of the pitch? It's against the law.

So when all the bars are shut down because of this people will then moan that its the stewards fault for not doing their job but when they enforce the rules then they are called jobsworths!!
  • Options
    iainment said:

Trust you to pop up.
  • Options
    I've got no truck with stewards doing their jobs (and rightly so, I'd rather those taking drink into the ground were dealt with rather than the ground getting its alcohol licence revoked and losing the money they make from selling a pint of watered down gnats piss worth 50p for £4), nor do I have an issue with fans rightly bringing to the attention of stewards things that are disrupting or ruining other people's matchday experience. However these 3 guys obviously thought it was more important to try and get someone trying to enjoy the game in peace in trouble than enjoying the game themselves, so are not real fans in my opinion. If you want to pretend to be a football fan, go support Arsenal.
  • Options
    Why has no one asked the important question here, did the pencil case have any sharp objects inside?
  • Options
    I was behind him, he was inconsiderate all game, he was a big bloke, with a big hiking bag, swinging it around on his back hitting everybody around him. Felt sorry for the elderly couple he barged past several times getting in and out of his seat. Didnt have an issue with the drink...
  • Options
    Noticed lots being searched going into the East stand, unusual, wonder why (soz if its been on another thread)
  • Options
    SexyDave said:

I was behind him, he was inconsiderate all game, he was a big bloke, with a big hiking bag, swinging it around on his back hitting everybody around him. Felt sorry for the elderly couple he barged past several times getting in and out of his seat. Didnt have an issue with the drink...

Did he have any nik naks in his bag?