Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre-Match Pints: Who Drinks Furthest From The Valley?

Can you help? I'm writing a piece for the Trust mag, TNT, over Christmas about the traditional pre-match pint and while I have plenty of (ahem) experience in this area, I'd be interested in hearing about anyone who drinks anywhere other than Charlton before home games, and why. Any amusing pre-match rituals would be good too. All help appreciated. Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    Most of my pre-match pints get drunk in my village in Cornwall.

Is that far enough from The Valley?

• Options
    Very impressive. You must have to start on Thursday night.
  • Options
    The walk from Pickwick for the play off semi's vs Swindon a few years back seemed an awful long way... night game, started drinking midday.....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The walk from Pickwick for the play off semi's vs Swindon a few years back seemed an awful long way... night game, started drinking midday.....

even longer when you went off to fetch the ball at the end.

its still travelling i reckon
  • Options
    Pelton Arms at 12 tomorrow. Way too close in terms of mileage.

We will be playing darts in Christmas jumpers and santa hats though. It's tradition.
  • Options
    We normally start on the train at Three Bridges, Crawley!
  • Options
    normally drink in the radical club in Plumstead. few pints without the hassle of the crowds to close to the ground before getting the train.
  • Options
    Westchester, NY...do I win?
  • Options
    I know a couple of old boys that drink in Bexley Village then jump on the train (round the loop) to charlton at 2:15. They get in about five minutes before kick off.

Think they get a couple of "take aways" for the train journey as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know a couple of old boys that drink in Bexley Village then jump on the train (round the loop) to charlton at 2:15. They get in about five minutes before kick off.

Ah ...... Ken from Bexley?

• Options
    Brandy is added to coffee at Bedford station before home games, if that counts.
  • Options
    Im thinking of using my new local, the long pond
  • Options
    With RedMurph in the Pelts at midday, got my moody clobber ready, can't wait.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Ah ...... Ken from Bexley?

Wish it was ........ too busy at the trust stall.!
    Of course you could always try out a few pubs on your way to the ground, and bring me a can down on the stall.
    Any white swan drinkers on here..... be particularly interested in your views, especially in light of there recent campaigns.
    I am going to check a few pubs/bars out, all in the name of research of course. I have notice a few pubs\ bars on here recommended in the past, in fact the trust board and a few stray's have one lined up already .

• Options

When does it open?
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

When does it open?
    It opened last Friday.