Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mikhail Kennedy

Comments

• Options
    Has been banging goals in for U23s hasn't he? How is he getting on - close to pushing for matchday squad?
  • Options

Has been banging goals in for U23s hasn't he? How is he getting on - close to pushing for matchday squad?

2 goals yesterday, 2 last week, a hat trick the week before. Currently wears the armband for the U23s. I'd say he is close to making the squad. He's playing more than KAG is and I actually think he's a better all round player. Tracks back well and knows how to score.

I'm just glad he's got that confidence back. It was destroyed by Luzon who thought it was a good idea to start him against Palace in the cup. I do think he needs a loan. He needs to play against defenders that will try to bully him. You don't get that in the U23s.
  • Options

2 goals yesterday, 2 last week, a hat trick the week before. Currently wears the armband for the U23s. I'd say he is close to making the squad. He's playing more than KAG is and I actually think he's a better all round player. Tracks back well and knows how to score.

I'm just glad he's got that confidence back. It was destroyed by Luzon who thought it was a good idea to start him against Palace in the cup. I do think he needs a loan. He needs to play against defenders that will try to bully him. You don't get that in the U23s.
    The problem is that the U23s seem to be completely separate from the first team, especially with midweek games. KAG is with the first team, hence isn't playing U23s, Kennedy is with he U23s and hence isn't in the first team...
  • Options
    How come he didn't feature last night does anyone know? Is he injured? He's got to be in last chance saloon at the club, think he's only got a contract til Christmas?
  • Options
    drewman said:

How come he didn't feature last night does anyone know? Is he injured? He's got to be in last chance saloon at the club, think he's only got a contract til Christmas?

Hasnt he been injured for a while
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Had been out since last August with an ACL. Signed a short 6m contract to December squad number 33.
  • Options
    If we're going to loan him that low down, i would've liked to have seen him given to Welling
  • Options
    We want Welling to do well though
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do we continue to loan players to Chelmsford when they dont play them??

They've had Lapslie and Maynard Brewer now yet neither have been played by them!!
  • Options
    Came on with 15 minutes to go today
  • Options
    IIRC Lapslie was injured for part of the time he was with us. I think he did feature but seemed a bit lightweight.
  • Options

Maynard Brewer has been our GK for the last six games, ever since he came over to us. He was signed following an injury to our regular keeper

How is he doing @davepowerchelmsford ?
  • Options
    What's it like being a football fan in a cricket town? ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

What's it like being a football fan in a cricket town? ;)

Depends if you like low quality football. Since we are addicks, it's easy enough to take...
  • Options

Very impressed. A very good physique for a 19 year old. We have seen many young players on loan from league clubs over the years and, apart from game time, the major reason for clubs sending them to us is generally to see how they cope with the much greater physicality as compared with say playing in the U21s. We would expect him to be a good shot stopper, and he is, but where he stands out from a lot of others is in his command of the penalty area, dealing with crosses etc and a load of flying bodies.

It will be interesting to see how Mikhail, a relatively slightly built player, copes with our league. Based on history it could do him a lot of good.

On the "cricket town" bit, I don't think anyone has really thought of Chelmsford as that, even though it is now the regular home of Essex cricket, the team having previously had a fairly nomadic existence motoring round the county. On the football side, regrettably, I think most independent observers would see us as a West Ham satellite. If we are able to climb a step or two things might change, and we have been regular playoff participants in recent years. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks @davepowerchelmsford keep us posted
  • Options
    So @davepowerchelmsford how did AMB and MK do today.

I saw AMB was booked and MK managed 15 minutes as a sub
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First 90 mins since May 2017 last night! Another milestone ✅ and 5 wins from 5 for the lads 👏🏻👏🏻 @OfficialClarets https://t.co/z8oMPZxvnJ
  • Options
    So @davepowerchelmsford sorry about AMB.

But how did Kennedy do in his 1st 90 minutes
  • Options
    It was against coggeshall in the Essex senior cup... Well done if anyone went!
  • Options
    Glad he's going to have no difficulty in finding a new club
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    “I thought I would get a new contract at Charlton like everyone else,” he claimed. “But with the situation the club is in at the minute, there’s a lot of players leaving and even the manager doesn’t have a contract for next season.

A bit optimistic there really, even without the uncertainty I'd have been amazed if we kept him on, considering some of the players we've let go like Hanlon.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Sadly been forced to retire from the game after never truly recovering from injuries

Another sign of why Footballers will tend to go hunting for that one life changing pay cheque

• Options
    Sadly been forced to retire from the game after never truly recovering from injuries

Another sign of why Footballers will tend to go hunting for that one life changing pay cheque

Gotta say I am guted to read that, not sure why but I always had a soft spot for him and really hoped he achieved something.

Even when I played FM and sold players not good enough I always kept him lol, not sure why but as I say I had a soft spot for him