Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

xmas2014 - wii u, scalextric digital

Hi folks

is the wii u worth it? Don't seem to be many games

Scalextric digital, is it that much better? having to chip your old cars if you upgrade, hmm

any other 'big' toy shouts this Christmas?

kids have it pretty good nowadays

R

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I will have to try and get the Scalextric for the grandkids, not that they will get a look in! .
    I Do remember buying my twin sons this for 'our' 2nd Christmas, we made a large track and a 'blind' corner going of into the kitchen. The later models you could renew the brushes, and tyres and buy the little 'diffs'. Even made a drag strip with pillows at the end of our long hall. I loved it, the kids seemed to. The mini's were fun as well. I have noticed they have sold out already?. Probably all the dad's buying them......
  • Options
    The Nintendo-produced games on the Wii U are more long-lasting and multiplayer friendly than any games across the other consoles, particularly for families. There's just so few of them. Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. and Sports all get top marks from me.
  • Options
    The missus bought a wii u in the end (soz nla).

Got some Thomas and friends oo gauge hornby for sale if anyones interested, its used - you can't buy it new easily anymore. Inbox me if interested but quick as its on ebay.

R
  • Options
    Raz

you got a link I maybe interested mate
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The Nintendo-produced games on the Wii U are more long-lasting and multiplayer friendly than any games across the other consoles, particularly for families. There's just so few of them. Super Mario 3D, Mario Kart 8, Smash Bros. and Sports all get top marks from me.

This
  • Options
    I also have a Thomas Trackmaster (castle thingy) set, and track expansion set,

http://www.mommyconnections.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/1024px-TrackMasterFisher-PriceThomasCastleQuestSetbox.jpg

some active 3d glasses (check the compatibility first) and an iPad case..

Also interactive chuggington.. with extra track and engines

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/medias/sys_master/8610391942385536.jpg
  • Options
    Multi-Coloured Swap Shop Charlton style
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    :)

Also got a Medelli electric drum kit for sale, an iMAC (already on ebay), and PS Rock Star game with drum kit (needs a cable repaired) and extra guitar for sale

If you're interested and willing to make sensible market value offers please inbox me asap as its all going on ebay
  • Options

Got my grandson a Scalextric for Xmas. Digital just allows things like changing lanes from the handset and running more than one car on a track. Got a bit obsessed and have made a whole landscape of hills with trees and hedges using all my Blue Peter badge expertise. I might let him use it occasionally.

Really gotta see pics of this
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Got my grandson a Scalextric for Xmas. Digital just allows things like changing lanes from the handset and running more than one car on a track. Got a bit obsessed and have made a whole landscape of hills with trees and hedges using all my Blue Peter badge expertise. I might let him use it occasionally.

Really gotta see pics of this
    Will put one up this evening when I get home.
  • Options
    I assume he's not taking it home then!

Looks excellent, well done
  • Options
    There's a dead horse in the foreground - if you have equine flu in there then it's a problem.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

There's a dead horse in the foreground - if you have equine flu in there then it's a problem.

Could be, the horses came from Poundland.

Grandson can take it home if his dad gets a forklift truck organised.
  • Options
    It's great but you're f****d if he doesn't like the layout of the track.
  • Options

Here she is. Paper mache, some glue and kiddies poster paint and some old chicken wire. Hedges are cut from green pan scourers dipped in glue and dyed sawdust. Bushes are fragments of liquidised sponge dyed green. Trees are twigs from the garden dipped in glue and the spongey bits. Grass from sifted sawdust dyed green. Cost less than £20 for the whole lot and a few Sunday afternoons.

Are you some sort of fool???

If those animals get anywhere near that track there'll be carnage. There's nothing keeping them away. Get it a bit more realistic please.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember the big scalectrix track they had in the toy/model shop near Lewisham hospital?
  • Options

Here she is. Paper mache, some glue and kiddies poster paint and some old chicken wire. Hedges are cut from green pan scourers dipped in glue and dyed sawdust. Bushes are fragments of liquidised sponge dyed green. Trees are twigs from the garden dipped in glue and the spongey bits. Grass from sifted sawdust dyed green. Cost less than £20 for the whole lot and a few Sunday afternoons.

Are you some sort of fool???

If those animals get anywhere near that track there'll be carnage. There's nothing keeping them away. Get it a bit more realistic please.
    Ran out of scouring pads. OK but I have got the rescue helicopter and ambulance on standby.