Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Favourite or worst Xmas song

Comments

• Options
    Mistleoe and Whine and that awful Bowie with Bing crap, both just too awful to think about.
  • Options
    Wham by a long way
  • Options
    Wham and Slade... great tunes.

Cliff and Macca... not so great (i.e. would rather plunge heated pins into my eyeballs)
  • Options
    Best is obviously It's Cliched To Be Cynical At Christmas by Half Man Half Biscuit
  • Options
    Jonah Lewie, srop the cavalry.

Plus a shout out for Smashmouth. Better do it right. Never gets on a 'best of christmas' album, but should do.
  • Options
    I've got a few favorites, but the worst by far are Cliff Richards The Lords Prayer and the one by The Darkness
  • Options
    What are we going to get for er indoors by George Cole and Dennis Waterman is painful.
    It is so bad it is funny.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

What are we going to get for er indoors by George Cole and Dennis Waterman is painful.
    It is so bad it is funny.

It is good
  • Options
    There hasn't been a decent one for years, which makes things easy for TOTP2 as they can just repeat the compilation show they made 5 years ago!
  • Options
    Best got to be shaky Merry Christmas everyone, love when a child is born too for different reasons.

The worst is between "Christmas is all around" and "proper crimbo"

My favourite Christmas song used to be "another rock and rollin christmas" but then the singer turned out to be a peodophile so can't have that anymore. Also like the cliff Richard Christmas songs especially saviours day, but I don't feel right about him anymore either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not seeing as much love for Saviour's day by Cliff Richard as I hoped. I was thinking that more people would've got excited about it after I mentioned it on here last year, listened to it again and thought, 'yes, that's a great song'
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I'm not seeing as much love for Saviour's day by Cliff Richard as I hoped. I was thinking that more people would've got excited about it after I mentioned it on here last year, listened to it again and thought, 'yes, that's a great song'

I love that song. That's why I hope all accusations about him are wrong I'd lose my Christmases.
  • Options

Best got to be shaky Merry Christmas everyone, love when a child is born too for different reasons.

My favourite Christmas song used to be "another rock and rollin christmas" but then the singer turned out to be a peodophile so can't have that anymore. Also like the cliff Richard Christmas songs especially saviours day, but I don't feel right about him anymore either.

At least he doesn't lick poo.
  • Options
    Best - The Pogues and Kirsty McColl; The Waitresses.

Worst - that bit at the end of Mud's one where he says "Merry Christmas, darling - wherever you are.", up to that point I like it, then it makes me want to barf.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Best-Happy Xmas (War is Over) & Fairytale of New York (saw it live when Kirsty McColl was still with us and it was brilliant).

Worst-Mistletoe & Wine

Every time I hear Kirsty on the radio it makes me a bit maudlin and also mad at the injustice of the world.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Best is obviously It's Cliched To Be Cynical At Christmas by Half Man Half Biscuit

But what about their "All I want for Christmas is a Dukla Prague Away Kit"?
  • Options
    Three I like, all very different:

Shakin' Stevens, Merry Christmas Everyone
    Bing Crosby, Mele Kalikimaka
    Dr John and Leon Redbone, Frosty The Snowman

Like many here, anything by Cliff would be right down the bottom.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Wham and Slade... great tunes.

Cliff and Macca... not so great (i.e. would rather plunge heated pins into my eyeballs)

I'm sure we could sell tickets for that.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Remember we sang Peace On Earth when I was at primary school, but we sang it in a round when one lot start and then some come in after the first verse and then others come in when they are finished the first verse. Sounded the bollocks, we even took it to the Royal Festival Hall for the schools Christmas music concert and went down a storm!

Reckon I was born to tread the boards, shame the only person from my family to tread the boards was my great uncle Fred and he was only on em coz he had a rope round his neck....
  • Options

At least he doesn't lick poo.
    It was for the kids ffs! Long story and only once.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I quite possibly said this last time bit christmas doesn't start until the Phil Spector Christmas gift for you album is played. Shame he was such a wrongun
  • Options
    Before @i_b_b_o_r_g drops another bollock and starts another new Xmas thread, I’ll just resurrect this one

My favourite Xmas song is still saviours day by sir Cliff

The best song and video ever dedicated to Xmas
  • Options
    Walking Around In Women's Underwear
  • Options
    jeesus, spose it'll be non f ing stop CHRISTmas bollox from here until eternity!!!!!!!!
  • Options

jeesus, spose it'll be non f ing stop CHRISTmas bollox from here until eternity!!!!!!!!

Who recorded that?
  • Options
    The Pogues or Boney M.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

I quite possibly said this last time bit christmas doesn't start until the Phil Spector Christmas gift for you album is played. Shame he was such a wrongun

The first playing of Baby Please Come Home is when Xmas starts.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Before @i_b_b_o_r_g drops another bollock and starts another new Xmas thread, I’ll just resurrect this one

My favourite Xmas song is still saviours day by sir Cliff

The best song and video ever dedicated to Xmas

Err objection m'lud. You should be able to flag a moderator's post, as this post illustrates.
  • Options

Walking Around In Women's Underwear

We don't wish to know thanks.
  • Options
    12 days of Christmas - please could everyone note they start with Christmas Day not 50 days before!

Please accept the first Bah Humbug of the year in the spirit it is intended.