Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Christmas Party Thread

Comments

• Options
    Our xmas do is on the 19th Chart Hills Golf don't appeal too much fair weather player myself followed by Chinese at the Imperial Dynasty West Malling then onto the pubs around West Malling basically the same as the year before for the last 4
  • Options

Can't wait for the Charlton Life Xmas party. Got my invite yesterday.

Do we have to wear our badges?
  • Options

No but make sure you bring your own flask and blanket
  • Options

Make sure you bring ID as UK border force are working the doors.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Ben18 said:

Normally I avoid these functions like the plague. Nothing against a booze up, but I have to see these morons 5 days a week as it is.

This year I've been stitched up though as they booked it back in June, and I couldn't use my usual lie "I'll have to check, cause I think that's my football team's night out"

So it's in a couple of weeks, all paid for, at a nice hotel/spa in Cambridge.

haha same.

Mine is on Saturday. got it booked back in July. Dreading it.

Everyone is getting all dressed up. they have been talking about it everyday for the last month and a half. sky sports with a title decider on the last game of the season couldn’t even come close to the kind of build up that this lot have given this Christmas party!!

3 course meal, comedy club then a dance with a hotel booked at the end. near Piccadilly.

Seems a bit wrong to me having your Xmas bash on a weekend (unless you normally work weekends). If they own you during the week then that's surely taking the piss a bit to encroach on your personal time at the weekend, even with 6 months' notice

(Obviously you might be one of those lucky types that enjoys your job and doesn't lie awake at night fantasising about pouring hydrofluoric acid over your bosses' todger, in which case you probably don't really mind)
    The only good thing about my office is that the boss is an emotional wreck and so will not be able to attend this christmas party.

Oh and the pillock who booked it for the 6th thought it was a friday. The rest of the office didnt mind apart from me who wanted to go to Nottingham away.
  • Options

Mate it was clearly explained in the invite. I assume you didn't get one so i'd better not divulge any secrets.

See the rest of you at the airport.
  • Options
    Suited and booted and am on the way to mine now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014

Where u going paulie
  • Options
    Mine is at gillinghams ground, free booze & grub but gonna cost me £40-50 for a cab or £60+ for a hotel, told my boss as its not a free night out for me I won't be going. Strange how all those that organised it live 10 minutes away and can't see what my issue is
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Where u going paulie
    Met in the dial arch in woolwich, now on thames clipper, TBH not sure where the meal and free bar is tho
  • Options
    Loop bar for the unofficial.

Sanderson hotel with the partners credit card behind the bar. Should get Lionel.
  • Options
    Mine is worse than most, going to Speroni's in Purley. Spending a night in a Palace restaurant!!! What's worse is that the food is actually very good so I cannot sit there moaning all night but I will anyway. Bet I will be sat next to the boss which will ruin the whole night. He doesn't like footie, he will make a mental note of the amount I drink and will talk about work all night and how we are all useless at our jobs. I will sit there longing to return to the pub and start singing the Bob Peeters song!!
  • Options

You can only get in if you've got a badge!

I'll be there!
  • Options
    Mine is tomorrow - lunch for 75 or so in a restaurant in Cvt Gdn...as I am one of the bosses I have no option but to go...it's free for all, which is good, but I won't be drinking and will leave at approx 5.30 to go and meet a mate in the Lyric Pub on Gt Windmill St, where I will have a few drinks... Most of the staff are about half my age, so can bet that they will all be drawing straws not to sit anywhere near me, in case I bore them...and I'll just end up sitting with the rest of the directors...
  • Options
    After 12 years of working In Local Government and having to pay for every xmas meal myself ( although we did have some crackers - good people = good nights regardless) I'm quite excited by the free meal (£40 allowance pp) at my new place - restaurant in West Malling followed by the local pubs.

Stunned by what some people get on this thread - free bars??! Its like another world.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

After seven years at a firm where you had to pay to go to the Christmas party, I'm now going to two Christmas dos with my new employer.
    One in a pub on the embankment called The Rose (never been there) and a the other in a Cuban place, lower marsh street, Waterloo.

Been to the Cuban place before, not a bad place but quite small.
    Cubanas!!! Many a wasted evening after work pub hopping along Lower Marsh. Did I ever post about the South African girl there?

Mines tomorrow, at the Blueberry Bar in Shoreditch. Not sure if I'm up for it to be honest though.
  • Options

After 12 years of working In Local Government and having to pay for every xmas meal myself ( although we did have some crackers - good people = good nights regardless) I'm quite excited by the free meal (£40 allowance pp) at my new place - restaurant in West Malling followed by the local pubs.

Stunned by what some people get on this thread - free bars??! Its like another world.

I work in local government and this thread always amazes me every year, it's incredible what some companies put on for their staff.

Apart from being grateful for a 1% pay increase over the last 5 years (lol) we get absolutely zilch at Christmas, in fact I'm even on call on Christmas day!

Had our party last Friday night which cost me £25 for the meal and another £30 for drinks no wonder I've got a Bah Humbug hat!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Department do at The Comedy Store a week Thursday and Company do at Langham Hotel a week Saturday
  • Options

Make sure you bring ID as UK border force are working the doors.
    No problem...they let everyone in!! ;-)
  • Options

After seven years at a firm where you had to pay to go to the Christmas party, I'm now going to two Christmas dos with my new employer.
    One in a pub on the embankment called The Rose (never been there) and a the other in a Cuban place, lower marsh street, Waterloo.

Work just up the road from The Rose,not a bad bar as it goes,usually pretty busy and there's a dj in there at weekends and Cubanas is also a good night out,you should have a good Christmas do :) Mine is next Friday,an all dayer,starting in Moon Under Water in Leicester Square then working our way along various bars until we get to Covent Garden. Crawled out of Roadhouse at stupid o'clock the following day last year. Happy times;)
  • Options

Bowling in Westfield Stratford tomorrow at some place that has a nice restaurant for after too then me and a few of the other younger ones going out for a drink after.

Good news everybody, I won both games.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Been to the Cuban place before, not a bad place but quite small.
    Cubanas!!! Many a wasted evening after work pub hopping along Lower Marsh. Did I ever post about the South African girl there?

Mines tomorrow, at the Blueberry Bar in Shoreditch. Not sure if I'm up for it to be honest though.
    Whilst your in Shoreditch check out rainbows its quality
  • Options
    My old Bank has invited ex staff, Bedroom Bar in Hoxton/Shoreditch on 18th and my current employers have ours at some pub in South Quay on 19th. I sense a lie in on 20th.
  • Options

Can I introduce you to CAFCBourne?
  • Options
    Can't beat a bit of roadhouse!!!
  • Options
    We've hired out Vinopolis in Borough Market next week. Free bar from 6 until 1.
  • Options

It's clique only