Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BLOG ARTICLE: Charlton Athletic continue to perform well where it matters most to supporters

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunate title for the article given that I suspect where it really matters to supporters is on the pitch, and that ain't quite happening at the moment.
  • Options
    Yes, that was part of my (sad) little joke. The article came without a title, so it was left to me to come up with one. The full title I put is "Survey Says: Charlton Athletic continue..." which makes it more correct. My joke was going to be to put a "*" disclaimer at the end, mentioning that what fans really want is commitment etc. on the pitch. But it was the night before match day and I didn't want to play the fool and tempt fate. Maybe I'll change it now that we all have something justifiable to moan about again ;-)
  • Options
    The "original" title ie the one given to it by the Kentish Times was "we're hanging on by the skin of our....drum" so there was plenty of room for improvement.

Bloody sub-editors!