Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone travelling between Norfolk and London?

I just bought a road bicycle from a guy in North Walsham in Norfolk and was wondering if anyone was able to collect it and bring it down to me in Orpington if, by any chance, they are driving that week in the next few days. I would be happy to pay £20 as a gesture. I am trying to avoid couriers due to bad past experiences. A man and a van alternative is a crazy £60! I know this is a long shot but thought I'd ask - just in case someone can help me.

Comments

• I think 60 pound is very reasonable.
  • More than reasonable
  • 5 hour round trip, diesel, wear and tear, taxes, opportunity costs. Not sure why £60 is crazy, I wouldn't want to do it for less.
  • We charge more to go from letchworth to London

I would rip the arm off the guy who said it for 60 quid
  • You're buying a mode of transport.. And concerned about transporting that mode of transport.. I see a solution.

Reckon you can bang a 100 miler out? ;)
  • Check out the trains from Liverpool Street to North Walsham, £13 each way during the week.
  • Yeah - 60 quid is ridiculously cheap for a man & Van. Not sure why you think it's crazy - if you think about it, after the hire of the van, fuel etc, you're valuing the driver's labour at about 3 quid an hour!
  • Meldrew can ask for help though, can't he.
    Sorry not to be able to help in this instance!
  • He certainly can and people can also comment on his request.
  • iaitch said:

He certainly can and people can also comment on his request.

thanks for that clarification
  • Sponsored links:

• The price at £60 for the man and van is more than fair, This Option, man and van, might work out better than the bad experience that you had with the Courier.

I Would be happy to pay the £60 for the man and van service.
  • So, anyone planning a drive down from Norfolk that could help me out? Thanks for the helpful (and some not so helpful!) suggestions. Train at £41 return looks like a fair option if I want to bring it back myself tho.
  • i just dont believe it
  • meldrew66 said:

I just bought a road bicycle from a guy in North Walsham in Norfolk and was wondering if anyone was able to collect it and bring it down to me in Orpington if, by any chance, they are driving that week in the next few days. I would be happy to pay £20 as a gesture. I am trying to avoid couriers due to bad past experiences. A man and a van alternative is a crazy £60! I know this is a long shot but thought I'd ask - just in case someone can help me.

You're living up to your username ... £60! I don't believe it
  • I found my solution - do it yourself! 5 hour round trip, £25 diesel and safely stored in Orpington.
  • After all that.
  • Thank the heavens for that I can sleep well tonight.