Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Our shooting.

Cows arse and banjo spring to mind.

Comments

• Options
    21 shots, 16 of them off target :(
  • Options

That says it all. We've been a class act today for large periods, until we get 20 yards away from the goal.
  • Options

combine that with our awful corners and it's not surprising we're struggling to score.

• Options
    Woefull
  • Options
    Harriott clearly isn't a striker ffs, Vetokele had a nightmare.
  • Options

Harriott clearly isn't a striker ffs, Vetokele had a nightmare.

Harriott was our biggest threat all afternoon. Apparently Igor wasn't fit but he was outshone by CH today.
    The frustrating thing with Harriott is that he does look good when the balls at he's feet. But he's end product is next to nothing, and he isn't a striker at all.
  • Options
    Desperately need another striker to help igor. Has all the pressure on him. Played very well today and what we been doing to the likes of Norwich etc has happened to us today.
  • Options
    against smallwall our first 6 crosses (most were corners) went straight to one of their players and 2 corners in the 2nd half today were awful--one went straight out of play and the 2nd went back wards.
  • Options
    Igor clearly isn't 100%. The turn of pace isn't there at the moment. The fact that we are still forcing 90mins out of him in these circumstances says it all.

I'm sure someone else will come in during the next window, just wish we could have found another option on loan to get us over the next month or so.

My fear is that if we keep pushing Igor eventually he's going to break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The main problem is the fact our five shots on target were all in the first half. Keeper didn't have to make one save in second half. That's not good enough.
  • Options

Igor clearly isn't 100%. The turn of pace isn't there at the moment. The fact that we are still forcing 90mins out of him in these circumstances says it all.

I'm sure someone else will come in during the next window, just wish we could have found another option on loan to get us over the next month or so.

My fear is that if we keep pushing Igor eventually he's going to break.

It is an awful pressure to put on a lad who's just moved to another country, has had to adapt to a different style of game and so on. He started so strongly that we put huge expectations on his shoulders; as we know he's capable of it. I know they play different positions and have different positions, but let's remember that he's only 6 weeks older than Nick Pope!

It's a testament to the skill he has that he slotted in to the Championship so easily at the beginning of the season.

I'm prepared for people to shoot me down when I say this, but - based on todays viewing I would perhaps prefer Tucudean to be starting for a few weeks; allowing Igor to get some rest, maybe work on his fitness and get his mindset back. Unfortunately, I fear that whatever we do we will potentially knock his confidence though..
  • Options
    Vetokele is not suited to the lone striker role. If we are to pursue that route we need to try someone else.
  • Options
    I would have preferred George today with Igor maybe coming off the bench. Think the result could have been different.
  • Options
    I heard we are after Akinfenwa.
  • Options
    Playing lone striker when you're 60% fit is incredibly difficult.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

You sure it wasn't Feckinakwa, dizee ?

• Options

dizzee said:

You sure it wasn't Feckinakwa, dizee ?

or afeckinstriker
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Half the problem is much of our shooting is from distance.

We seem to get in the box relatively few times during the game - so we're not getting the deflections, knockdowns and tap in goals.

Weak on set pieces, also.

• Options
    To call those 16 shots "off target" is being somewhat over generous
  • Options
    our corners are no good
    we hardly ever get to the byeline to put a cross in
    we have a left footed player on the right & a right footed player on the left

• Options
    edited November 2014

our corners are no good
    we hardly ever get to the byeline to put a cross in
    we have a left footed player on the right & a right footed player on the left

Why would you shoot from a corner or try and score directly from a cross? (Mind you Killer reckons he meant the one that drifted in under the bar away to Harlow Town in the FA Cup round 1 November 1980 :-). As for inverted wingers you either love them or hate them, Bob must like them and ours have a fair few shots during games cutting inside and pulling the trigger, memorable outcomes being JBGs goal at Rotherham and Cousins v Wigan.
  • Options
    After 19 games last season we scored 16 goals
    after 19 games this season we have scored 20 goals

I know its still one of the lowest in the league but its still an improvement plus there are only 3 teams who have conceded less than us and 3 who have conceded the same
  • Options
    Told you we'd miss Church...
  • Options

And 3 of those goals scored against the League leaders.

• Options

I know its still one of the lowest in the league but its still an improvement plus there are only 3 teams who have conceded less than us and 3 who have conceded the same

And we've 'upgraded' the squad with investment... Imagine us without Vetokele lol. We'd have 12 goals in 19 games give however many goals replaced him, which if it was someone already on our cards, probably 0. We do need to score more.
  • Options
    It was the same at Fulham away, I watched it on the box and the commentators said "Imagine if Charlton had Fulhams two forwards up front, they would have run away with it"

We have tried youngsters, persevered with George and tried Harriott....none of this has worked! But this is all we have for now. A beast like Holt would work wonders up front with Igor, someone to take the pressure off.

Still we are playing some great footy, just need to get that bit working and we are in the play offs.
  • Options

And we've 'upgraded' the squad with investment... Imagine us without Vetokele lol. We'd have 12 goals in 19 games give however many goals replaced him, which if it was someone already on our cards, probably 0. We do need to score more.
    last season them 16 goals:
    Kermorgant 3- No longer with us
    Stewart 3-No longer with us
    Stephens 2-No longer with us
    Sordell 1- No longer with us
    Morrison 1- No longer with us

I no we need to score more goals its obvious, I am just saying remember how we was feeling last year and how e are feeling now, look on the positives