Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Appeal for help for local footballer in hit and run.....Kieran Daly.23

My sons football team, had the heartbreaking news that one of there players, a talented local footballer, who I have known for over 10 years was the victim of a hit and run in September. The police have further appealed to anyone that can assist them with there enquiries. Kieran has lost the sight in one eye and has brain damage.
Kieran who just completed his degree, is a very popular guy, and played for Bexley FC, and Bexley Sports FC. If you could read the following link, and have any information to assist the police his family and friends would be extremely grateful. Personally, he is like a son to myself, and this really has been devastating to all his friends, and especially his family. The linkhttp://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/whereilive/southeast/bromley/11625408.

Comments

• So sorry Ken, unfortunately the link appears to be broken.
  • Puts today into perspective doesn't it!!
    Hope the lad pulls through, must be devastating for his family.......
    All the best to you all.
  • In case anyone has difficulty with the link.......
    The family and friends are just trying to find the driver, not an appeal for money, but to track down the driver.
    I know this is a stab in the dark, but the car is thought to be a black fiesta...... which of course they are literally hundreds.....
    Probably, torched months ago...... or could have been garaged...... and may now be back on the streets.

This lad frankly is lucky to be alive, and his fitness and determination hopefully will get him through the next few years, to get him somewhere back to his old self, at least we all hope so.

"Kieran's mother, Ann, said her son had been awarded a degree in design and construction management after finishing a seven year traineeship with engineering firm Balfour Beatty.

Recalling the incident, she said: "When we arrived at the hospital we were informed that Kieran had sustained life threatening injuries and needed to be put into an induced coma. He was barely recognisable.

"These past 10 weeks have been the worst of our lives.

"He was a fit young man, played a good standard of football and had a promising future."

Related
    Man 'fighting for his life' in hospital after hit and run crash in Orpington

She added: "Accidents happen, of course they do, but that someone could have done this to Kieran and not even stopped is just unthinkable."

Police said Kieran was airlifted to hospital after the crash in St Pauls Cray Road, between Manor Park Road and Leesons Hill, in Orpington at around 2am on Sunday, September 7.

Detective Sergeant Matt Austin said: "This incident will have a permanent and profound effect on Kieran and his family for the rest of his life . We're determined to identify and find the person responsible and we're asking the public for their help in tracing this vehicle."

He added: "We believe the vehicle involved in the hit and run was a Ford Fiesta Zetec 2007 model with either a 57, 08 or 58 licence plate.

"We also know that the vehicle's colour was panther black, and that it would have suffered damage to the front driver's side corner, wing and wing mirror."

Police are asking any garages in London or the south-east to contact them if they have carried out work or been asked to carry out work on a car matching their description.

Anyone with information is asked to call police on 020 8285 1574 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
  • He's best mates with my cousin. Really awful what happened. Arsenal sent him loads of stuff which was quality from them.
  • He's best mates with my cousin. Really awful what happened. Arsenal sent him loads of stuff which was quality from them.

Yes Gary, Joe and quite a few of the other teams know what a great bloke he is. Looking for a needle in a haystack, as I am sure the car has been 'disposed of' but what else can you do?
  • So sorry to hear about this. Do wish him well, and hope they find the driver, needs to be held to account to give the family some peace.
  • Reconize him from the year above me at school. Very sad to hear. Best wishes.