Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Warning - pub to avoid

Just a warning that if anyone drinks in Bexleyheath/Welling do not under any circumstances drink in the New Cross Turnpike in Welling. Never have I been treated worse by a more incompetent and rude staff. It was a case of mistaken identity of them claiming I had been involved in a fruit machine issue which I hadn't. True my mate had been involved in an argument but I wasn't with him at that time in the pub and he wasn't with me today. I then get my pleas of innocence ignored and I get thrown out by their discourteous staff. I will be writing a letter of complaint to the highest authority about the appalling treatment I have received. In the meantime I am going to discourage as many people as I can from ever drinking there or any Wetherspoons pub.

Could anyone offer advice to me how I can get them to admit to their mistake, apologise and get the staff involved disciplined?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    No idea in terms of complaining but any pub that makes you walk that far to the toilet deserves to sued!! Can ask around for you though - I now work with an ex turnpike doorman!
  • Options
    I'd start by complaining to the Wetherspoons chairman (should be able to get details off their website). Also complain to Bexley Council's licensing authority/committee.

You can claim slander, defamation of character, physical abuse (I presume you were man-handled out the door) and public humiliation/embarrassment. Insist on the landlord standing up in the pub on a busy Friday night and publicly saying he and his staff were wrong.
  • Options
    It's most certanly not in Bexleyheath,that place to me has always seemed sh!t, but then most of Welling is imo.
  • Options
    Keep your comments to the facts. Don't mention your mate. Make it clear that you were completely affronted by this and that you expect not just an apology but compensation for unwarranted attack upon your character. Don't be abusive just use plain clear language.

As has already been said, you should be able to find out the Chairman from their website. Make it clear that you expect a reply from him personally. Don't be fobbed off by their Customer Services people.
  • Options
    If it was a Wtherspoon's pub these are the contact details:

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/contact

The Chairman of Wetherspoon's is Tim Martin.
  • Options
    my brother used to work in this pub

who the hell thought it a good idea to have a "gallery" on the way to the loo? its quicker to run across the road to maccie d's!