Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pope or Henderson

Who get's the nod for you for Saturday if Henderson is fit again?

Comments

• Options
    Henderson, don't think Pope did anything wrong but Henderson has earned the right to come straight back in after one game out.
  • Options
    Henderson
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Henderson - 1st choice keeper. Not as if he was out of form before he was injured. Yes Pope kept a clean sheet but I wouldn't say he was particularly busy.
  • Options
    Tough one.

I was not impressed with Henderson initially but he has grown on me as the season has progressed.

I like Pope too. He commands his area and claims crosses and showed on Saturday he is a shot stopper too.

I guess Henderson came in as a number one, and Pope would have been aware of that, so probably him purely for that reason.

• Options
    Henderson, Pope doesn't have anywhere near enough confidence yet, I think if he could get a decent stint at a league one team he will have a real chance of coming into the first team though.
  • Options
    Henderson for me. Nothing against Pope, thought he had a good game on Saturday, but Henderson has been in good form all season and Pope is still learning.
  • Options
    Henderson. He's first choice and has done nothing to warrant being left out.
  • Options
    Henderson, anyone who says otherwise needs their heads checked. Probably been our most consistent performer so far this year, and largely goes unnoticed due to this, think of how many times people called for Hamer to be dropped last season after a clanger.
  • Options
    Henderson.

Next Question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Henderson, Pope doesn't have anywhere near enough confidence yet, I think if he could get a decent stint at a league one team he will have a real chance of coming into the first team though.

The trouble with loaning him out is we then only have Phillps as back up.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Huskaris said:

Perhaps loan them both out, Phillips to league two Pope to league one and get a loan in to sit on the bench..
  • Options
    Henderson
  • Options
    Harsh on Pope, who I really rate, but has to be Hendeson for now.
  • Options
    Henderson has been quality. I think it depends how bad his injury has been. If to make sure we don't rush him back we just have him on the bench for a game thats not a bad thing, but ultimately Henderson has deserved being number 1.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Huskaris said:

Perhaps loan them both out, Phillips to league two Pope to league one and get a loan in to sit on the bench..
    Any reference/image/mention of that man should be an automatic flag !
  • Options
    Henderson, as long as he is fully fit, there's no need to rush him back early or play him if he isn't 100%, but he is clearly our No 1
  • Options
    Henderson ... Best keeper since Scott Carson. Tough on Pope but his time will come
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Dansk_Red said:

Huskaris said:

Any reference/image/mention of that man should be an automatic flag !
    I think a 3 week suspension myself...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SexyDave said:

Henderson surley, been superb all season.

THIS
  • Options
    Hendo if fit, Pope if not.
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:

Huskaris said:

He looks like he is trying mind control on that ball
  • Options
    Henderson - best goalie we've had since Keily
  • Options
    Henderson by a country mile. Has played a huge part in the games that we have drawn or won so far.
  • Options
    Henderson is a really, really good all round better than Hamer, Elliot, Button and randolph.
  • Options
    Isn't it great to actually have options?

Like others here, I've been won over by Hendo. But Popey is not far behind, distributes better/quicker and could be outstanding in a year or two...
  • Options
    Yup Henderson... Bar his slight mistake against Derby; Pope is proving that he'll be our No.1 one day soon... BUT dropping Henderson for no reason sends the wrong message
  • Options

Henderson - best goalie we've had since Keily

Scott Carson was is/was better than Henderson.
  • Options
    Henderson, up there as one of the best players of the season