Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I had that David Mellor in the back of the cab once..

Comments

• Options
    Are you Antonia de Sancha
  • Options
    He was telling the cab driver the quickest way from Craven Cottage to Stamford Bridge.
  • Options
    Another one who I have long had filed under 'Dreadful Human Beings'.

Anyone else remember an away fan, might have been Forest, phoning into 606 on the pretense of suffering racial abuse at the Valley only to break off mid-sentence and say to Mellor "by the way, has anyone ever told you you're a c***"? The guy was quickly cut off, but something about Mellor's reaction led me to believe the answer to the question was "Yes, lot's of people."
  • Options

He was telling the cab driver the quickest way from Craven Cottage to Stamford Bridge.

Don't think the cabbie could do it in the blink of an eye like Mellor...and that's how it started...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Politicians are always fair game, and rightly get a load of grief, but Dave Mellor although an element of truth in what he's said he comes across as a pompous condescending twat.
  • Options
    Because he is an odious, pompous, condescending twat.
  • Options
    The man is filthy excuse for a human being.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I can't stand him either and his sudden elevation to the position as the real football fans spokesman back in the 90's was a joke. However I did feel a little bit of compassion for him when he was interviewed immediately after Max Clifford's verdict was announced. He spoke from the heart and with a real passion, not something you get from many modern MP's.
    Half an hour latter I thought he was a pratt again........
  • Options
    I wouldn't "want" that David Mellor ANYWHERE !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have not read much about the incident but are we to understand that Mellor had enjoyed a good lunch before it happened?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There are people in all walks of life who are very, very hard to like. I fear David Mellor has no idea or realisation that he is a first class horses arse. Unfortunately a disproportionate amount of these individuals gravitate towards politics and the media, spurred on by the fact that they have absolutely no idea or comprehension of normal behavior.
  • Options

I have not read much about the incident but are we to understand that Mellor had enjoyed a good lunch before it happened?

The fat, bloated apology of a man looks like he has a "good lunch" most days of the week.

Another example of politicians, past and present, who long since stopped living in the real world.

You, Mr Mellor, are grade A, gold plated, slimeball .

• Options
    i think a lot of people on CL enjoy healthy discourse ...although i think there will be a unanimous view on DM ...

he needs a good slap to say the least
  • Options
    It's all been written .. Mellor is a %>@*t
  • Options

Sadly, despite the unanimous derision he incurs, and his obvious close acquaintanceship with five-fingered Freda (the bachelor's friend), the charmless knob-stroker still gets what he loves most of all - publicity.

Long overdue that the pathetic old buffoon was just totally ignored.
  • Options

Putting the fact it was Mellor to one side, there is an issue with secretly recording people and then selling the recording on to a paper.

If the driver was upset / offended he could have asked Mellor to get out.

With the current and future threats to cab drivers livelihoods, they may need friends not enemies around Westminster.
  • Options
    blockquote class="Quote" rel="SheffieldRed">
    Putting the fact it was Mellor to one side, there is an issue with secretly recording people and then selling the recording on to a paper.

With the current and future threats to cab drivers livelihoods, they may need friends not enemies around Westminster.

Spot on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

agree. the cabbie is just as odious imo

• Options
    Can I offer poor Mr. Mellor some sympathy. If I looked in the mirror in the morning and saw what he sees, I would want to shout at somebody ! No, make that everybody !
  • Options
    Indeed that is a moral question, which makes the story worth kicking around. One response is that the driver felt threatened when Mellor threatened to talk about him on his radio show. Pretty monstrous bullying from Mellor there, and I personally would accept that defense from the driver. In addition generally the powerful bully the weak and the meek, and this is a reminder that the modern world gives the supposedly weak the chance to hit back.

What do you think?
  • Options

What is truly private these days? Cameras in phones and instant access to the Internet make anyone a potential reporter. It might be safest to assume that every conversation, every step in a public place and every bank transaction are subject to possible scrutiny. As far as the taxicab is concerned, well, when you're on a bus you're on camera so why not when on the more intimate form of public transport, if only for the (lonely) driver's protection.
  • Options

Indeed that is a moral question, which makes the story worth kicking around. One response is that the driver felt threatened when Mellor threatened to talk about him on his radio show. Pretty monstrous bullying from Mellor there, and I personally would accept that defense from the driver. In addition generally the powerful bully the weak and the meek, and this is a reminder that the modern world gives the supposedly weak the chance to hit back.

What do you think?

I wasn't in the cab, but the Uber v Black Taxi is a live issue. My understanding is that the driver put the mic on when a tasty exchange got nasty at the moment DM said he would take the side of Uber in order to gain status and leverage in his 'conversation' with the driver. The driver might have thought 'Ok Mr QC radio, politician bloke with your fancy way with words and selective use of facts, you want to put me down, and wave Uber in my face whilst you chew on the plum in your mouth, I'll hit record'. I don't blame the guy myself.

Then again, I wasn't there.

• Options
    he's lucky the driver didn't iron him out
  • Options
    seth plum said:

What do you think?

I wasn't in the cab, but the Uber v Black Taxi is a live issue. My understanding is that the driver put the mic on when a tasty exchange got nasty at the moment DM said he would take the side of Uber in order to gain status and leverage in his 'conversation' with the driver. The driver might have thought 'Ok Mr QC radio, politician bloke with your fancy way with words and selective use of facts, you want to put me down, and wave Uber in my face whilst you chew on the plum in your mouth, I'll hit record'. I don't blame the guy myself.

Then again, I wasn't there.

I agree with Seth. Also, whilst I wouldn't want the majority of the public to have their privacy compromised, as it is Mellor, in this case there should be an exception. I'm sure he's talked down to a number of people and been a general snob his whole life. I'd like to see him get lots of shit for this.

It won't matter to him though, he'll go and hide in his exclusive surroundings for a couple of months, keep out the public eye. You can bet he'll feel no remorse at all
  • Options
    Farage - Brand - Edmonson - Mellor ------------ odious pigs one and all.
  • Options
    Heard a cabbie on the radio say they record things if it looks like there will be a complaint, because otherwise TFL would take the passenger's side even if the passenger is being, ahem, unreasonable.
  • Options
    Saw the thread title, and was looking forward to the 'memoirs of a dogger'