Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is there anyone else who has never left a game before the end?

Following on from another where leaving too early meant missing an important goal. I am pretty sure that I have never left a game before the end whatever the score. Is it just me?

Comments

• Options
    Me neither............never, ever, ever.
  • Options
    Sol Campbell has been known to leave at half time.
  • Options
    Left early when we were 4-2 down against Norwich in the 90's. Needless to say on the way to my car I heard to massive cheers. 4-4 goals from Leadburn and Jason Lee I think.
    Bugger - served me right.
  • Options
    Not since I've been old enough to get to games under my own steam. I vaguely remember being forced to leave early when I was a kid, and moaning at my Dad all the way home. There have been so many games where the last few minutes have been pivotal that it's daft to risk it. The only time I've been remotely tempted was the 5-0 at West Ham on Boxing Day in the Prem. It was bloody cold and we were shockingly bad, and I had the hump at it being an early kickoff anyway
  • Options

Left early when we were 4-2 down against Norwich in the 90's. Needless to say on the way to my car I heard to massive cheers. 4-4 goals from Leadburn and Jason Lee I think.

Indeed it was Jason Lee.
  • Options
    Nope, always stay to the bitter end.
  • Options
    In over 54 years of watching Football i have never left before the end. Even when we were 6-0 down against dirty Leeds. I have got masochistic tendencies.
  • Options
    We stayed in Wigan the year we lost 3 0 (curbs last season) 1905 was with us and he never leaves early. Once the 3rd went in we just wanted to get back to the pub but he refused to budge. In the end, we had to resort to trying to get thrown out (1 achieved this by putting his feet on the chair in front and refusing to move them when asked by the stewards) before he finally agreed.
  • Options
    I always stay till the end.
  • Options
    For me it would be like leaving a film five minutes before the end - so I'm in the never have and never will camp.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    once. when we were 3-0 down at the den. early enough to hear the cheers of the 4th though. No regrets.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Apart from the Saints game I mentioned on the 6-10-2 thread which was beyond my control, the Fulham away cup game at Loftus Rd where we took the Sava masks springs to mind, just couldn't take any more that day.
  • Options
    Left about 10 minutes into the second half at Goodison Park. We were 3-0 down at half time, I was monumentally pissed and wanted to go back to the pub.......we went 4-0 down I went back to the pub.

Leeds at home left at 4-0, many many others.
  • Options
    People who leave at 0~0 make my head hurt.
  • Options

Yep, me too :-(
  • Options
    Best one for me was Brighton away when we lost 7-0 , i think it was 7-0 with about 20 mins to go. I went with a Brighton supporting mate and asked him for his keys to go back and sit in his car,i couldnt take anymore.Was quite relieved when he came back to say it finished 7-0
  • Options
    Only once. The Gillingham cup defeat in 2004. I was so pissed off with the performance and got so worked up I just had to go. Think I missed our 2nd, we lost 3-2???

As I was walking back to the car to wait for my dad I came across a couple of their fans who thought I must've been some sort of circus attraction, as they started going 'there's one, look'

As if seeing an opposing fan made their win even more satisfying. Bloody idiots. Scummy club. Like an aspiring Millwall. Even their Chairman is a Millwall fan, and they play in blue and white
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Anglo-Italian Cup. It was against Ancona or someone similar in front of a crowd of around 2000, freezing my nuts off. No enjoyment whatsoever.

I tried to leave at half time but all the gates were shut and I had to watch the second half against my will.

Pretty sure Mike Salmon let one go straight through his hands, but can't blame him as it was one of the coldest games I've ever been to.

Some (or) most of those facts might be wrong, it was a while back.

• Options
    Like others have exercised a personal fire drill several times when we are getting stuffed (including most of of the games listed above).

Have never once missed a miraculous comeback or regretted it in any way.
  • Options
    I've never liked leaving before the end of a game. I had never done it for years but recently I've been in a situation a couple of times where I've had to leave before the end and I just didn't like it at all. It just felt I was leaving something that, literally, hadn't finished yet. A bit like walking out of a cinema with 10 minutes still to go in the film.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I never have either.
  • Options
    In reverse do they open the gates at about half time still?

An uncle of mine used to only ever see the 2nd half (for free) at Millwall in the 70s / 80s
  • Options
    Never, never ever.
  • Options
    In our relegation season from the championship I left early a lot...I remember the Leeds 6-1 at home game think I left about 15 mins early, following week we were at he to Birmingham I think and we were 0-2 down after about 20 mins, had the raving hump and walked out then and straight back to the pub....knock on effect from the previous week.

My old man has never left a game early but to be honest I think nothing of it of we're playing shot and getting stuffed
  • Options
    Tried to leave The Den early a couple of years back, when we were 3-0 down, but wasn't allowed to leave. That's the only one!
  • Options
    Only once that I can think of, about 5 mins before the end - against Forest two seasons ago, losing 2-0 after Yann was sent off iirc.
  • Options
    Never. I was tempted to go on that day that Leeds put six past us, but when my son asked if we could leave I just told him it was character building and that we should stay.

Of course it was character building, and that's why it's been three seasons since my son has been to a game ;-)
  • Options

People who leave at 0~0 make my head hurt.

What about 1-1?
  • Options
    Twice, Sheff Utd home went 5-1 down after 60 mins i think we lost 5-2 and Swindon home losing 4-1 after being a goal up missed Pawel Abbott score a good goal.
    Both of them games the manager got sacked almost straight after i think.