Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Nickname

I've heard many different Charlton monikers, The Addicks, The Reds, The Valiants, The Robins. In my opinion I believe that The Reds is a bit Cliche and I feel that half the teams in England who wear red call themselves the Reds. So I wonder, what moniker is the most authentic? Or perhaps is there a name you think would fit us better?

Comments

• Options
    Trainspotters
  • Options
    Anoraks
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    [removed - offensive]
  • Options
    3 Points
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Dry Lunches
  • Options
    the Flaskers
  • Options
    Tomatoes.
  • Options
    The Harvey Gardeners
  • Options
    Agree with Henry about Addicks being first and unique, but personally I still prefer the Valiants no matter how contrived. I guess it's an age thing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the history :
    we were to be called South London Against Gooner Shit , this was a bit long so abriviated to S.L.A.G.S. -------however the World knows there is already a team in Bermondsey who are the Slags so we became Addicks
  • Options
    The "Nils"...........
  • Options
    Isnt it about time we changed this too... God if RRR is out dated then surely our nickname could do a bit of updating too

(American Style perhaps?)
  • Options
    They are the Addicks, we are the Addicts.
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

I've heard many different Charlton monikers, The Addicks, The Reds, The Valiants, The Robins opinion I believe that The Reds is a bit Cliche and I feel that half the teams in England who wear red call themselves the Reds. So I wonder, what moniker is the most authentic? Or perhaps is there a name you think would fit us better?

even stripey red & white Brentford were displaying a 'Come on You Reds' logo @ Griffin Park .. we are the Addicks, the one and only Addicks
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Under Phil Parkinson, we were known as The Galacticos.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Agree with Henry about Addicks being first and unique, but personally I still prefer the Valiants no matter how contrived. I guess it's an age thing.

I believe Port Vale are called the Valiants as well and as for the Robins that has been mentioned, that is Bristol City
  • Options
    The Flares.
  • Options
    I believe we were known as The Kittens during our short lived sojurn to Catford back in the twenties.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    'The pointless threaders'
  • Options

Isnt it about time we changed this too... God if RRR is out dated then surely our nickname could do a bit of updating too

What a brilliant idea! Charlton Jets or The Charlton Red Bulls maybe?!
  • Options
    But far more importantly, thermos flasks are reduced to a tenner in the club shop.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    drewman said:

What a brilliant idea! Charlton Jets or The Charlton Red Bulls maybe?!
    we could keep Red Red Robin and rebrand ourselves as the C C C .. Cheeky Chirpy Charlton
  • Options
    The clowns
  • Options
    De Schelvis.
  • Options
    When were we ever called the reds?
  • Options
    The Cardiac Kids.
  • Options
    The addicks is a bit of a silly nickname really and no one really seems to know what it means. That said I like the fact that its unique and its better than the chairboys!