Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Any agro??

I didn't see any apart from the old bill and stewards trying to make some in the east stand

Comments

• Options
    Was you in the east stand then
  • Options
    dancafc said:

i was and stewards seemed fine. it was a bunch of idiots who were acting like fools that was the problem in east stand.
  • Options
    All they was doing was standing up no different to the 3000 scum bags in the away end.the answer the head steward gave was if you wanna stand up go to the other end of the stand.
  • Options

dancafc said:

i was and stewards seemed fine. it was a bunch of idiots who were acting like fools that was the problem in east stand.
    This
  • Options
    dancafc said:

All they was doing was standing up no different to the 3000 scum bags in the away end.the answer the head steward gave was if you wanna stand up go to the other end of the stand.

the answer was for them to sit down. they were in the way of everyone else and they were all idiots as far as i could see. that, and they seemed to have the weakest bladders ever given the number of times the had to go to the toilet.
  • Options
    Go for a smoke in the toilet you mean...
  • Options
    Heard rumours it was kicking off in the valley cafe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2014

Actually crsyadick the police went into the east stand to tell people to sit down and I quote "im not going in their end to do it" so the old bill,as usual, are c*** to our fans

Bang on
  • Options
    I was in the block next to them and I was sitting down and guess what I could see.
  • Options
    Usual bollocks from the stewards. Constantly telling people to move out of gangways in the North Upper whilst at least 3 gangways in Jimmy Seed couldn't be seen as they were full of people standing. Looked like the central walkway was full of people standing as well. Why aren't stewards and police going in there and sorting that issue out?
  • Options
    Where the people standing up at the back of the block obstructing the view of people in the disabled section?
  • Options
    After the game at a bus stop at bugsbys way there was a Millwall fan asking all passers by if they were Charlton and then spitting at anyone he thought was Charlton......including kids, before spouting off saying all Charlton have gone into hiding and he hates us more than west ham then no one likes us, and then spitting some more. Luckily he wasn't let on the bus.....very uncomfortable and for me sums them right up
  • Options

After the game at a bus stop at bugsbys way there was a Millwall fan asking all passers by if they were Charlton and then spitting at anyone he thought was Charlton......including kids, before spouting off saying all Charlton have gone into hiding and he hates us more than west ham then no one likes us, and then spitting some more. Luckily he wasn't let on the bus.....very uncomfortable and for me sums them right up

Wouldn't mind betting if any real charlton 'lads' did turn up, he would go quiet.
  • Options

Scumbag
  • Options

Where the people standing up at the back of the block obstructing the view of people in the disabled section?

I don't think so Henry - we stand every home game up there without issues.
    Sure it was more to do with who these lads were - no need for it. Just inflames the situation and negatively affects the atmosphere. Usual stewards picking on home fans rubbish.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sure it was more to do with who these lads were - no need for it. Just inflames the situation and negatively affects the atmosphere. Usual stewards picking on home fans rubbish.
    yes, they standing in front of the disabled space and a number of other people, including myself, who either wanted to/had to, sit. they were rude and difficult and decided to start arguments with the stewards when asked to sit. I had asked them to sit down earlier and just got a load of abuse and aggression. there was also racist chanting from this group, which was disgusting.

so it wasn't the stewards being difficult. the stewards and been asked to intervene with a group of people who didn't care about anyone else but themselves. a number of them seemed to be organising a fight with millwall fans after the match.
  • Options

yes, they standing in front of the disabled space and a number of other people, including myself, who either wanted to/had to, sit. they were rude and difficult and decided to start arguments with the stewards when asked to sit. I had asked them to sit down earlier and just got a load of abuse and aggression. there was also racist chanting from this group, which was disgusting.

so it wasn't the stewards being difficult. the stewards and been asked to intervene with a group of people who didn't care about anyone else but themselves. a number of them seemed to be organising a fight with millwall fans after the match.
    Conflicting versions here.
  • Options
    It's a football match not the ballet people do stand up it makes me think how would/did henrythecat get on when grounds were all standing back in the day
  • Options

dancafc said:

the answer was for them to sit down. they were in the way of everyone else and they were all idiots as far as i could see. that, and they seemed to have the weakest bladders ever given the number of times the had to go to the toilet.
    Congratulations to Henry the Cat on winning the most pointless flag of the week (possibly).

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/64954/misuse-of-flagging-button-guidelines#latest
  • Options

Conflicting versions here.
    i was sitting in the middle of it and heard and saw what was said and done. The "they weren't harming anyone" line is utter nonsense as it messed up my (and several other people's) enjoyment of the game for most of the first half. As I said, the stewards were asked to intervene due to the stupidity of the group concerned. The stewards were polite and professional in doing their job. The group were totally anti-social, obstructive and racist.
  • Options
    dancafc said:

It's a football match not the ballet people do stand up it makes me think how would/did henrythecat get on when grounds were all standing back in the day

Grounds were never all standing. There was always the choice to sit in the past.
  • Options

Stig said:

dancafc said:

Grounds were never all standing. There was always the choice to sit in the past.
    i used to stand at football matches. I have no problem with people standing. i would fully support having standing areas. if i was in the north stand i would accept that there will areas there where people stand. that is why i don't sit there.

but the reality is that grounds are "all seater". clue is in the name. the norm is to sit in your seat. i actually have to sit for medical reasons as I am unable to stand for long periods. we all stand up and sit at times in the match, that is an accepted part of football. but standing in seated areas isn't the norm. just look round the ground, most people are sitting down.

we are seated in front of the disabled section. I have chosen to sit there, partly for the view, but also because it is an area where sitting is the norm.

the group yesterday were ignorant, rude, selfish who seemed to think they had a right to stand (the rules say they don't) and standing is some kind of proof that you are "proper charlton" (it isn't). the polite requests from people around to sit down was greeted by abuse and aggression. the racist chanting was totally unacceptable.
    We have to remember who were we playing.

Such a fixture brings out the "scum" element all clubs have even us.

Far less serious, but indicative of the same mentality, was a group of four blokes who came in the Covered End Upper bogs at the end of the match where there was a long queue and blatantly walked right to the front of it. Nobody said a word. I did think about it for a moment but life experience has taught me that almost certainly I would be the one to get in trouble and frankly life is too short.
  • Options
    Looked like a couple of Millwall got kicked out of the nw corner. Didn't see what happened.
  • Options
    Sit at the front and stand at the back job done, why they have a disabled bay at the back of the stand seems crazy to me. It's like whenever I go to away games I ask for a ticket as far back as possible because I'd like to stand.