Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Come in red red robin your time is up?

Anyone else think we need a more upbeat, inspiring song/piece of music to take the field to? I know this will divide opinion and has probably been raised on here before but I can't help feeling that the normally average atmosphere at the valley could be boosted by playing something to get the crowd going. Mull of Kintyre may be a good compromise but there are many other options. Or we could respect and stick with tradition and stay with what we've got.

Comments

• drewman said:

Anyone else think we need a more upbeat, inspiring song/piece of music to take the field to? I know this will divide opinion and has probably been raised on here before but I can't help feeling that the normally average atmosphere at the valley could be boosted by playing something to get the crowd going. Mull of Kintyre may be a good compromise but there are many other options. Or we could respect and stick with tradition and stay with what we've got.

Keep Red Red Robin and yes it has been discussed before eg

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/62952/red-red-robin-soon-to-be-ditched/p1
  • MrLargo said:

So if we ran out to the Rocky theme tune The Valley would immediately be transformed into a 90 minute cauldron of noise?

No that's never gonna happen!!
  • That's like saying Liverpool need something more upbeat than YNWA.

It's part of us.

Think YNWA is a bit more anthemic and singalong-able than RRR.
  • Been through this b4 the RRR should stay , simple .
  • Can see arguments on both sides
  • edited November 2014
    RRR stays, its part of the soul of our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• What we need is no music 10 minutes before kick off let the crowd build the atmosphere.
  • edited November 2014
    drewman said:

That's like saying Liverpool need something more upbeat than YNWA.

It's part of us.

Think YNWA is a bit more anthemic and singalong-able than RRR.
    Both American songs and both have no place in English football. I see no reason why either club adopted them. If we were still known as the Robins or Liverpool were always worried about getting home safely then maybe there would be a small arguement.
  • drewman said:

No I don't and you are wrong. Anyone else feel The Valley needs to be more upbeat, let's call it the I tunes stadium...... We dictate the atmosphere not the song we run out to
  • Ok so maybe it doesn't divide opinion, turns out its just me! It is true that we are more a "put the thermos down and clap along" type of crowd than a "belt out a song" one so maybe the quirkyness of the tune sums us up nicely.
  • In a word, no!
  • When was it first played at The Valley?
  • One thing I will say. I have noticed the drummer thumping out a different beat when the team walk out.

Please don't do it. We may be in a minority, but the bunch I sit with enjoy joining in with the song. Love the tune, and what it means.

We are not the only team to walk out to a tune. And if you want old, try Sunderland. "Dance of the Nobles" by Prokofiev, from the ballet "Romeo and Juliet". There aren't even any words to sing!
  • Sponsored links:

• Hell NO... Its one of many things that put Charlton apart as a Football club... If we were to ditch Red Red Robin why not...

(1) Get Cheerleaders
    (2) Replace our Stadium with the generic bowl shape design.

Just NO end off!!
  • Would it have made a jot of difference to yesterday's result?

Imo no, George would have still fluffed his lines at the end.
  • Wake me up when this one's closed, please guys.
  • Bring back Mouldy old dough by Lieutenant Pigeon to play after the game
  • Bring back Mouldy old dough by Lieutenant Pigeon to play after the game

or Congratulations by Cliff Richard
  • Anyone notice that the had been playing mull of Kintrye just before kick off most of the season?

No?

Well it was easy to miss as played very quietly and it was MOK not VFR.

LFC don't run out to YNWA and West Ham don't run out to Bubbles.

They are played shortly before kick off.

We tried with MOK but IMHO wrong version, wrong volume and no annoucement.

Keep RRR. It doesn't make us a themos flask club, silly last comment from drewman, it makes us Charlton.

Think you've misunderstood my sentiment but never mind. We are more a thermos crowd (like many many other sets of fans) than a rowdy crowd but that is not because of RRR. Its clear the weight of opinion is with keeping the song lets do that and forget I ever mentioned it!