Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BP: Tucudean had golden chance to sink Millwall at death

Comments

• Options
    Paul has it ever been mentioned you look strangely like BP?
  • Options
    This will be the only time i ever write this Bob, but you need to pay attention to @colin1961. That was a penalty.
  • Options

This will be the only time i ever write this Bob, but you need to pay attention to @colin1961. That was a penalty.

We all know in our hearts that we still wouldn't have scored.
  • Options
    Vetokele

Ahearne-Grant

Tucudean, Parzychek, Church, Pigott

One striker, One good prospect, Four not good enough. You can see where the January transfer kitty needs to be spent.
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

It's very strange how everyone seems to think Tucudean is hopeless and terrible. He's by no means a complete player but we usually look better when he's on the pitch. And he essentially single handily won us that game against Derby. I thought he was unlucky more than anything not to score at the end, was good defending by that Millwall centre half. Although saying all that we probably could do with a better striker in January

My sentiments entirely

• Options
    My view is that he's still quite raw. We look more of a threat in front of gisl with him on the pitch... I also believe Vetokele is more of a threat with him on the pitch.

We need that 3rd choice striker soon though. KAG can be 4th but we are weak in terms of numbers up top.

That miss late on was good defending too. He had a lot to do from the moment he got the ball.
  • Options
    “At half-time we changed the shape a bit, we said OK we are going to press the midfield trio of Millwall high.”

Just a pity you didn't change the shape by bringing an extra forward on at half time. Bob certainly talks the talk, but I'm yet to be convinced that he's sussed out the walking bit.............
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    No shortage of strikers but none of them the complete article. A large investment in a half-finished project. The guys can't improve without the game time but they don't get the game time until they've shown improvement.

GT was scoring for fun in training, but how much does that prepare you for the game's decisive moment - you are in the 95th minute of a tense local derby, you're in with a chance of making yourself immortal and a few seconds later it's all turned to ashes. You have some natural talent, you're given adequate physical preparation, but how do you acquire that priceless instinct that turns a blunt instrument into a true predator?

How about this - if our budding marksmen could walk into a room and find the legendary Eddie Firmani, the ruthless Derek Hales, the great professionals Jason Euell. Robert Lee and Garry Nelson, King Arthur Horsfield and the supreme Clive Mendonca - what an amazing master class that would be ....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://vine.co/v/OJlJjrxJ3h6

Well I dunno. Good defending?

Here's the vine, sorry i don't know how to make it display straight from the post..

George has dinked it over the keeper. Good work because Forde came out quickly, and would probably have smothered a shot. He is still on his feet.

The defender comes across and barges into George. George is down but the ball is still trickling forward towards the goal. So the defender didn't touch it.

How is that not a penalty?
  • Options
    I am with you PA I thought it was a penalty
  • Options

https://vine.co/v/OJlJjrxJ3h6

Well I dunno. Good defending?

Here's the vine, sorry i don't know how to make it display straight from the post..

George has dinked it over the keeper. Good work because Forde came out quickly, and would probably have smothered a shot. He is still on his feet.

The defender comes across and barges into George. George is down but the ball is still trickling forward towards the goal. So the defender didn't touch it.

How is that not a penalty?

Said that to the bloke next to me straight after it happened
  • Options
    Think George was nudged but penalty ? I'm not so sure as some of you.
  • Options
    Watched it this morning. Think it's a pen, defender has no intention of playing the ball
  • Options
    We're all sitting here with that wonderful benefit called hindsight. We've all had a look at the video. There's one mistake by Tucudean. He lobbed the goalie, but didn't hit it hard enough for the ball to enter the goal.
    I thought Tuc. was a bit unlucky. It's now one of those 'if only' moments.
  • Options
    Daggs said:

We're all sitting here with that wonderful benefit called hindsight. We've all had a look at the video. There's one mistake by Tucudean. He lobbed the goalie, but didn't hit it hard enough for the ball to enter the goal.

'If only' we had not signed Tucudean we could have bought a better striker.
  • Options
    Decided not to have an opinion till I saw replay on telly as I just couldn't fathom it in real time. Now I've seen it George should just have thumped it first time. His dInk was poor and he put himself in trouble. It could have been given as a penalty but we would have been very lucky.
  • Options
    In regards to the penalty... Did Tucudean have control of the ball when he was clattered, if no which I think is the case then a case can be made for it just being a collision / shoulder to shoulder barge between two players
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Daggs said:

'If only' we had not signed Tucudean we could have bought a better striker.
    'If only' we had not brought on this player earlier, in the second half when we allowed Millwall to press us back , and we had three players on Igor, at times. The effect of Harriott was very limited, at least his crossing, after the midfield started being bypassed, with jackson running out of steam. Sorry, I did not think that Millwall played that well, and to play one up front, seemed the wrong choice, at least for 80 odd minutes.

• Options

I would like to see George have a run in the team,particularly home games. We definitely look better going forward with him in the team. Problem seems to be that we seem to hit it long when he is playing and to be honest he's not that good in the air.

Until we get a better forward he is the best option to play alongside Igor.

Agreed... He dont score goals but with Igor up front alone its clear the Centre Backs love it... the moment George came on again they werent so keen
  • Options
    Coq played really well, Buyens has been great and Jackson is the captain so we'll probably see 4-5-1 for a bit longer until BP realises one of them will need to be left out
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There's not much physical resemblance, but as with Carl Leaburn, we'll often play better with Tuc in the team, he definitely helps Igor. Of course we'd rather someone in that role who can also bang 'em in, but i'm not giving up on him yet (whereas Simon Church....) There's some skill there, and the goals he has scored have been classy
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We looked pretty fluent at home in some of the early season games, when we played 4-4-2 with George and Igor up front. One up front is ok away from home but can be gruesome to watch at The Valley. So...

3-5-2 - TBH Bikey Oneyewu - Solly Buyens Gudmonsson Coq Fox - Igor GT

or

4-4-2 - Solly TBH Bikey Fox - Harriot Buyens Coq Gudmonson - Igor GT

Either way, George should play.

• Options
    so frustrating considering he did the hard part of getting into space and beating the keeper.
  • Options
    Just watching it for the first time.

I can honestly say that's brilliant defending from that defender. George hasn't done much wrong imo, the only thing he could of done was maybe show a bit more determination to get the ball. He showed good skill to get past Forde. Just one of them things really. Need to keep backing George.
  • Options
    We look better with him in the team because it means there are two players up front rather than one, that's all. Nothing to do with the fact that it is George.

He has had chances laid on a plate for him in the last two games and he has made a hash of both of them.

Sorry but if you're one on one with a keeper and you somehow can't even manage to shoot, then it's not 'unlucky'.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Vetokele

Ahearne-Grant

Tucudean, Parzychek, Church, Pigott

One striker, One good prospect, Four not good enough. You can see where the January transfer kitty needs to be spent.

Adding reza to that also on a 3 year deal.

Ahh well, at least we have Petey until 2018. Imagine igor and that bournemouth fella up front :(

And to think we wouldn't give the 'greedy french one' the extra year he wanted.
  • Options
    Just took the wrong option unfortunately. Either hit it low near the keepers feet so that it goes through him, or a more powerful lob straight into the goal, but he wasn't to know that a defender would clatter him off the ball and no penalty awarded.