Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Millwall

phew, what a scoreless draw, your views please

Comments

• Options
    Ben Haim Should've been sent off in the 1st half for what I can only describe as a clothesline that a WWE wrestler would've been proud of. Luckily the ref didn't see it.

We Should've scored from the goalmouth scramble in injury time.

I'll happily take the point
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    On my way home from the game.

All ill remember from this game is Tucs miss at the end. Great touch to get it past the goalie but a weak header toward the empty goal gives the defender a chance to clear. if he rounded the keeper and kept the ball at his feet it would of been far easier to finish it off. He missed a one on one with the keeper against Reading at the end last time out too.

Hes gonna struggle to live both misses down now....
  • Options
    Coquelin and Solly different class, scrappy game didn't deserve anything more than a point really
  • Options
    In my opinion tactical we got it very very wrong today. It's like we were scared to lose. Played a 4-1-4-1, left Vetokele isolated, though we looked decent on the counter we never gave it a go. All a bit sad really against a Millwall team who had nothing but decent direct play.
  • Options
    Watched on the stream and went through all the emotions.

Gutted igor wasn't the one in tucs position at the end.

Solly was fcking quality. Coq and Gud were different class. Played some lovely stuff at times but still didn't test Ford properly until the second half.

If we would have scored in injury time the whole street would have known. Now spending the evening in the company of the millwall in laws :(
  • Options
    With our record against them I would have taken a point before the game. Shame we didn`t win it late on but it`s another game without defeat, another point on the board and a clean sheet. Thought we played good stuff at times and agree totally about Coquelin and Solly.
  • Options
    Watched on stream and my heart was going like a maniac for most of the game. First half thought were better, but millwall defended well and marked igor out the game completely. Second half started brightly and JBG was creating a fair bit, also pretty impressed with Harriot all things considered, very tough game to come into as a sub especially as it wasn't a winger for winger change. Solly as mentioned was immense, also Coqeulin looked lively and created a lot, showed his class against a phyiscal millwall side. Last 20 minutes I really thought they were going to score and would have taken a draw but oh my lord how did George not score? He should have controlled it and slotted it home rather than try the dink but he was unlucky not to get to the rebound. Could have won it but also could have lost so all in all we take the point and move on to next week. Still 9th and up there competing, the next few games are crucial and will give us a better idea of where we will be at the end of the season I think.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Thought we played very well and possibly would have attacked more if buyens had stayed on .
    Defensively I thought we played well despite a few shaky moments, mainly through fox not tracking back as well as expected! Pope very assured in goal and took almost every corner safely.
    Point a fair result but felt we could have had all three had we brought bulot on and tucudean on earlier!
    Seem quite a few millwall tweets and comments on the game about how we were lucky so I'm not sure what game they were watching as I felt we were on top mostly all game...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everything I expected, crap football, crap atmosphere (altho picked up a bit in 2nd half), apart from agonising miss at the end in the 95th minute - just to add salt to the wound. I'm inclined to agree with the Millwall fans' chant at the end. Oh and the inbred that threw the flare straight in to the lower should be banned, thick c**t.

At least we didn't lose.
  • Options
    Tucudean should now be having his name up in lights. Very frustrating
  • Options
    I've been saying for weeks that Tucudean is a dud. Can his apologists please step forward and try and defend that?
  • Options
    Apart from a patch after half time when the Arsenal lad started to play brilliantly in front of the defence, that was far too slow and boring.
  • Options
    Feels like a defeat after that last minute spell.
  • Options
    Seems I was right when I said that Coquelin was better than Poyet.

Quality performance today and slotted into Buyens' position when he went off perfectly.

We need a new corner taker, they were all dreadful today until the 94th minute one.
  • Options
    Up there as an instantly forgettable game ! another bloody draw. Sorry Bob but it's getting boring.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor game for both sides.
    Excellent performance from Solly again.
  • Options
    Coq and gudmunsson were superb today, should've won, don't think we'll ever beat them
  • Options
    When i saw that Pope was playing today, i thought that we would at least let one in today, but other than one shot, spent most of the game just catching crosses.
    As for Solly, what a player. As one point in the first half, he was left marking three players and got the ball away from them!
    Also thought Coquelin was by far the standout player today.
  • Options
    Poor game. Coquelin was OK in the first half, different class in the second - get him on loan for the rest of the season! Him and Solly were my picks and good to see Pope get a deserved clean sheet.

Igor was unusually lethargic today and we lack a cutting edge when that happens.

Gudmondsson showed a lot of quality but gave Solly no help defensively. It annoyed me seeing him not even bother to get back on a number of occasions when Millwall attacked down our right. He clearly doesn't want to go down the line either....really think he should have a free role behind Igor or at least swap wings.

George, George :( What a chance.
  • Options

Coq and gudmunsson were superb today, should've won, don't think we'll ever beat them

Fully agreed, they were class
  • Options
    Dull, yes, but I'm not sure it was a 'poor' game.
  • Options

Up there as an instantly forgettable game ! another bloody draw. Sorry Bob but it's getting boring.

Yer Bob we want to be at the other end of the table :-/
    Workmanlike millwall team but all the quality players on show wore a red shirt, just didnt quite happen today and we move on.
  • Options

2 defeats in 18 games. Vetokele lacked the usual sharpness probably as a result of the niggle.

We weren't the best in the first half, but I believe we were pushing for the win in the 2nd.

I think off the back of this season so far, that comment is slightly unfair
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Come on Ralph. It's a damn sight better than at this stage last season. If only we could turn these draws in to defeats....