Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sven's latest club

Goran Eriksson that is, not Mathias Svensson.

Just seen a little snipet that he taken over at Shanghai East Asia on a 2 year deal for £8m. This guy really stopped caring about winning and competitive football a long time ago. Indian Premier League in 2 years time I reckon

Comments

• I take it the 8m is in Rupees?
  • make your hay while you can i say, it's a short career. He's just looking after his family.
  • make your hay while you can i say, it's a short career. He's just looking after his family.

True. Just thinking when do you decide to stop caring about winning trophies etc at a top level and just go somewhere for the money. I mean no disrespect to any of these leagues but they're all a pretty poor standard of football. If you look at someone like Ancelotti, he's a similar(ish) age, yet still wants to be at the top clubs.

I'm just surprised how this part of it obviously doesn't appeal to Sven
  • And to think the goal of Project Notts County was to bring Premiership football by 2017.
  • Personally i think he is possibly the luckiest man in football.

Since 1984 he's basically had one successfull spell, at Lazio in the late 90s when they were being bankrolled in a huge way by Cragnotti. Since then he's had a succession of high-pay appointments and not delivered, yet still keeps picking up huge contracts.
  • The blokes a frigging interview genius. He must start all his job and pay interviews with "look into my eyes, not around the eyes, don't look at my managerial record......".
  • Personally i think he is possibly the luckiest man in football.

Since 1984 he's basically had one successfull spell, at Lazio in the late 90s when they were being bankrolled in a huge way by Cragnotti. Since then he's had a succession of high-pay appointments and not delivered, yet still keeps picking up huge contracts.

Dont forget he won the Coppa Italia with Sampdoria in the mid 90s.
  • We English .. we do so love being taken in by foreign conmen .. who speak English wiz a nice accent and are either very 'ansome or look and speak like intellectuals, or both
  • We English .. we do so love being taken in by foreign conmen .. who speak English wiz a nice accent and are either very 'ansome or look and speak like intellectuals, or both

Were you before or after Nancy then?