Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC dramas

Watching the Missing and as with many other BBC dramas, I have to turn sound up to double normal volumes. Have they sacked all sound engineers and rely on work experience kids? Decent scripts ruined because of incomprehensible dialogue.

Comments

• Options
    Stick on subtitles then
  • Options

Watching the Missing and as with many other BBC dramas, I have to turn sound up to double normal volumes. Have they sacked all sound engineers and rely on work experience kids? Decent scripts ruined because of incomprehensible dialogue.

You do know half of it is in French don't you? ;)
  • Options

You do know half of it is in French don't you? ;)
    Yes and I can read subtitles also understand some french when audible.
  • Options
    its not produced by Christopher Nolan is it ???
  • Options
    No sound problem here, and it's outstanding drama.
  • Options
    your tv (like virtually all televisions) are rubbish at sound. Buy some speakers and you'll realise where the extra bit of money has gone.
  • Options
    The Missing is ridiculously gripping. I'm currently wishing my life away, waiting for Tuesdays!
  • Options
    ... don't, like all ITV ones, star Sarah Lancashire.
  • Options

I don't often agree with you, but I do on this. At the start when they were in bed, we had the sound right up to try & decipher Nesbitt's mumbling.

PS I want to know what happened to the boy, so will watch the whole series, but it's been doing my head in, from the 1st episode. All the backwards and forwards over 8 years and the names bandied about, we're constantly saying, "who are they talking about, do you understand what's going on ?".

We get there in the end, but I'm finding it rather hard work.

PS There are so many holes in the script.

They happen to see the kids scarf in a photo. They guess it came from a charity shop, who just so happened to keep the name & address of their customers !

Last night, the people opposite were cleaning up after a party and someone just happened to turn on a video camera, which just happened to film a van parked opposite. Do me a favour. What a load of balls.
  • Options
    I do find it puzzling that programmes are often difficult to hear (except X factor where they all shout) yet there is never any difficulty in hearing adverts regardless of whether one wants to or not.

Why can't the advert technicians do the programmes?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't often agree with you, but I do on this. At the start when they were in bed, we had the sound right up to try & decipher Nesbitt's mumbling.

PS I want to know what happened to the boy, so will watch the whole series, but it's been doing my head in, from the 1st episode. All the backwards and forwards over 8 years and the names bandied about, we're constantly saying, "who are they talking about, do you understand what's going on ?".

We get there in the end, but I'm finding it rather hard work.

PS There are so many holes in the script.

They happen to see the kids scarf in a photo. They guess it came from a charity shop, who just so happened to keep the name & address of their customers !

Last night, the people opposite were cleaning up after a party and someone just happened to turn on a video camera, which just happened to film a van parked opposite. Do me a favour. What a load of balls.
    i know this thread is about bbc dramas but i found the writing in broadchurch to be horrendous. I cringed my way through i think it was the second episode that was filled with cliches after cliche and long emotional monologue after another.
  • Options
    they didnt guess it was from a charity shop, they traced the people in the photo who told them they got it from the charity shop.

As have said on another thread, can't stand Nesbitt but am finding this quite good.
    As always they will try to be too clever and fck up the ending but am enjoying nonetheless.
  • Options
    My mrs watches the missing, it looks okay from when I glance in and out from CL on the sofa. I like the fall, Luther, however I do find the majority all a bit too 'Middle England' for me.

ITV are 1000 times worst. Downton Abbey, what the hell is that about????
  • Options
    A US import on the BBC .. 'Intruders' .. watching from the start on iPlayer .. it's different from the run of the mill angry cops and 'drama' series